Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 11:01:27 AM EDT
I have a few rimfires and looking to outfit them specifically the 10/22 with threaded factor barrel and no iron sights.

for the ones with irons i'm going to upgrade to the tech sights i think

Not looking to gunbattle, just shtf (lack of batteries, robust, dependable, Homesteading, critter dispatching, suppressed, and limited defense)
we live out in rural on 40 acres, 1 hour from two major cities.

I have acogs for my main rifles, but what is the equivalent for .22? I have on my savage mk2 tactial I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 that has been pretty good, but kinda bulky and a bit too much magnification.

I have some extra primary arms red dots too, but kinda of wanted some magnification. if going that route would put on RMR fiber optic

I have NVG and thermal (handheld and QD rifle mountable)

looking for 3-4x power, would prefer no batteries  but ok with it.

What are some good options

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Dunno about your magnified optic requirement, but I do have an opinion on the irons:

I have a NoDak Spud rear and a GI sights front (because the Mannlicher stock meant no NoDak sights would fit around the barrel, and I only had the factory dovetail to work with).  I prefer the NoDak rear, because it comes completely down to the receiver and doesn't have that wedge shape.  More importantly, it has an integrated 1913 rail section.  And that sight height is sufficient for a decent cowitness (can't remember if direct or lower 1/3) with a micro red dot (that's a TRS25 on there).

You might also consider what sling you're gonna have on there.  Contemplating a SHTF setup for any rifle that doesn't have a sling is stupid.  Carrying your rifle with you without having to have it held in your hands at all time, is great.  All of my rifles have irons and slings (or the slings are on order already), because SHTF or no, I want to be able to shoot without my optics and I also wanna be able to carry my rifle with me if my hands are full.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
In for suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Prism scope of some flavor.

PA Cyclops
Vortex spitfire
Steiner makes a couple as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You could buy a replacement barrel with sights as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2192369181
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 to M6Z's comment on the prism sight... with the reticle etched on the prism, it is still visible in black line even if the batteries are dead
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Consider the classic rimfire scope:  2-7x with rimfire specific parallax.

Two good choices:

Leupold Freedom Rimfire 2-7x33

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019637851?pid=130189

Vortex Diamondback Rimfire 2-7x35

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009766485?pid=955485

Both are small, lightweight, rugged, good glass.

Widely available from most vendors at similar pricing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]
PA 1x6 acss 22lr is the best scope I’ve used for 22lr.  Great reticle for 1x and excellent drop compensation for 6x. Such a great scope!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PA 1x6 acss 22lr is the best scope I’ve used for 22lr.  Great reticle for 1x and excellent drop compensation for 6x. Such a great scope!
https://i.imgur.com/EIskeEB.jpg
View Quote

Thanks! Looking at that and the cheaper 6x ACSS-22LR. What rings are those?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like the Leupold rimfire scopes.

That little Cyclopes 1x prism would be a good one also. Very KISS.
View Quote
This is a solid option, or at least previous generations.  I have one on a modern sporting rifle, and another on a lever action.  No reason it wouldn't also work on my 10/22; it just doesn't have the magnification the OP was wanting.  But it's a solid optic and I enjoy both of mine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok narrowed it down a bit. I have a few 1-4 and 1-6 optics that are ALWAYS on high power

I’m wanting compact and going for $200 with max $300

3-6 x range as I have a fixed 10x on a 22 bolt action and it’s limited to longer range.

Down to Burris, sig, or vortex fixe 3x prism

Or maybe a cheaper 3-9x
If regular scope I want 30mm tube

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Consider the classic rimfire scope:  2-7x with rimfire specific parallax.

Two good choices:

Leupold Freedom Rimfire 2-7x33

Vortex Diamondback Rimfire 2-7x35
View Quote

Excellent choices.  Alternatively a low fixed power (4x) that you can modify/reset the parallax on (many makes/models this is possible if you are careful) or scopes with either side focus or an adjustable objective lens (but I tend to only see these on higher magnification scopes).

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have this on my squirrel rifle, no complaints at all. It is on a TCR22 with a Dead Air Mask and with Federal AutoMatch ammo it hits exactly where I aim. The bullet drop in the reticle is spot on.

ETA: I actually have the fixed 6x scope and not the variable one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the late reply.  They are the dnz one piece rings.  They are awesome on a 10/22 and look very clean as they bolt right up to the receiver.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a fixed 4 power Simmons on my 10-22. I like it. Its mainly used as an Appleseed rifle so its not used for long range really.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Update:

So I got for one rifle the dnz one piece rings and primary arms fixed 6x acss scope

My other I got a Burris 5x prism, ad acog qd mount.
So I can swap with thermal/ nv.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought the SeeAll Micro sights which I absolutely adore. It has tritium and is "self-powered". I use this for my 10/22 HTA 90/22 bullpup conversion with a KIDD bull barrel. Much more practical and accurate than you would think.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
please post pictures when you get them set up
View Quote

will do, waiting on the slow deliveries

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#24]

I don't have it on a "traditional" 10/22 so the "placement" isn't an issue for me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Update please?
View Quote

I'll try and get some photos today

wend with a fixed 5x prism and a primary arms 6x rimfire

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]
The primary arms 6x32mm Rifle Scope - ACSS-22 and dnz rings/base

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I really think you should be fine with any of the name brand optics of today for rimfire use.

Of course, if you were made of money, you’d just be putting high end scopes on there and not even asking.

I can’t fathom a PA, or any other rimfire oriented scope, holding up like a Trijicon/NF/(other expensive brand/line). But I really don’t see you having much trouble with any of the quality pieces in the rimfire price range of today.

I’m a fan of Leupold and Vortex, although as time goes on my favor of the latter fades, especially in the rimfire and low end product lines. Namely for the lightweight and slightly better (to my eye at least) optics of Leupold.

If you want to set up a 22 for use with NV/IR, lasers and all that stuff, I’d go looking at centerfire optics for that gun. I don’t know of any rimfire stuff that suits the bill.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Vortex used to make a Diamondback HP (HD?) line that were noticeably better than the regular Diamondbacks. All the offerings had side parallax adjustment.  

The 2-8x32 version is one of the best Rimfire scopes I’ve ever used.  Clear glass, parallax goes down to 10 yards and very reliable.  I bought a second one when they went on clearance.  

Both of them are mounted in Leupold QD Low rings.  I found a Picatinny rail that had a central channel down the midline so regular iron sights were still visible.  

I have two rifles that are almost ide focal, except one is stainless snd the other blued, each with a Diamondback HP that can be easily removed for iron sight use and easily swapped between rifles.  Both rifles will have Brimstone trigger jobs soon.

I see OP has made a decision, just thought I’d share feat I went with.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My only hesitation with the PA ACSS is that the scope is set for 100 yard parallax and is not adjustable.  I have a friend with one of these and shooting at 20 yards is troublesome.  the reticle and target are not both in focus
View Quote

I just used it at that range with no issues
Though I was wearing my glasses and not contacts.

I was surprised at how clear it was. Wish it came with caps though. Love the rings
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For your one with iron sights you might want to consider the NDS sights and get the rear with the rail.  Then add a red dot to the rail as a close range survival gun.  

Then, for this one use a scope.  I have a cheap Bushnell 4-12x40 AO on my favorite-10/22 and it really works great.  A better scope that my kids have is the Weaver 3-9AO Rimfire scope but they are gone now that Weaver is gone from the scope market.  Seriously though any good optic will work but I do like the adjustable objective so you can shoot say flies at 10-yards or squirrels on high power at 100-yards.
View Quote

Got that covered now too
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#34]
I like what I’ve read about the PA 1x6 ACSS 22LR scope.  I’m looking for the right mount for my TCR22.  Is the Aero Precision mount a good option?  The right eye relief?  The rife is in a magpul stock with adjustable length of pull and comb height.  

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ultralight-30mm-scope-mount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top