Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:56:44 PM EDT
Hey, so I have a 10/22 and for some reason it does not like BX25 mags. Works fine with the factory 10 round mag. What other mags would yall recommend?

Thanks

James
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, so I have a 10/22 and for some reason it does not like BX25 mags. Works fine with the factory 10 round mag. What other mags would yall recommend?

Thanks

James
View Quote
BX-15
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks

James
View Quote
I'd recommend the factory 10-rounders.

Alternatively, there may be things you can do to get it to work better with the 25-rounders.  What symptoms are you experiencing?  Failure to eject?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems like there might be something wrong with the mags. The bolt is unable to push the round out of the mag and into the chamber. The tip of the bullet is getting stuck on the feed lip it seems. It worked ok if I held the bolt shut and worked it manually pulling back to eject and pushing forward to load, but letting it cycle on its own it can't get the round to move forward. I was thinking I could polish the feed lip where it is getting stuck, idk. I purchased 6 bx25 mags, but I only brought two of them to the range. I might try them all next time and see if any of the others work.

Thanks

James
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Clean your rifle and start again.

Change your ammo and try again.

Don't give up....yet.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
BX-25s are known to have some issues. What you're describing is fairly typical.
Check out the rimfire central link to troubleshooting and correcting that endofdays posted above.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have ten BX-25 magazines.  No issues from day one.  I would contact Ruger to help figure out the issues are are having with the magazines.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#8]
TI25 are the king of 10-22 mags
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TI25 are the king of 10-22 mags
View Quote
^^^^^This. Tacticalinc.com TI-25s all day long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top