Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2020 1:57:01 PM EDT
Wondering if anyone has any real world feedback. is it worth it? 22 is about all i can afford to shoot cheap these days.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a Volsquartsen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a Volsquartsen.
View Quote

First post definitely DID NOT nail it
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Money better spent on a binary for a .223 AR lower.  You can then go fully semi binary with either .223 or a CMMG .22 conversion.  

FPNI, spend money on VQ parts for your 10-22.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 10-22 Franklin Binary trigger and it works as advertised,  also have a Franklin Binary on my SBR lower and use a CMMG .22 conversion kit, it works great but a little funny about the ammo I use in it.  The 10-22 shoots Aguila subsonic 40 grain solid bullets with no problems, also most CCI rounds except the Quiet rounds, all .22 rounds in my 10-22 are used with a Gemtec suppressor, haven't tried any rounds without.  My SBR Spikes lower with a .556 upper and CMMG conversion is used without a suppressor,  Also I some Bore Buddy parts in the upper.  Love to shoot the .556 in binary mode,  runs as fast as I can pull and release the trigger. Hope some of this helps.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Money better spent on a binary for a .223 AR lower.  You can then go fully semi binary with either .223 or a CMMG .22 conversion.
View Quote

This is my suggestion as well. If you have one in an ar lower you can use it with 223/9mm/22lr with corresponding upper and mag adapter for said caliber.

Sorry I can't answer your question in regards to the one for the 10-22 as l don't own one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to disagree with these folk.  

The 10/22 binary turned my Charger from a gun I only occasionally shoot into one I shoot all the time.  The binary is an absolute BLAST to play with.  I always end up giggling.  The people I let shoot it also end up giggling with an ear to ear grin on their faces.  Add in a GSG 110-round drum mag and it's a hoot of absolutely ridiculous proportions.  This thing fires insanely fast.  2-6 round 'bursts' are my favorite way to shoot it, as mag dumps just empty a 25 rounder in 3 or so seconds.  

Get one.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to disagree with these folk.  

The 10/22 binary turned my Charger from a gun I only occasionally shoot into one I shoot all the time.  The binary is an absolute BLAST to play with.  I always end up giggling.  The people I let shoot it also end up giggling with an ear to ear grin on their faces.  Add in a GSG 110-round drum mag and it's a hoot of absolutely ridiculous proportions.  This thing fires insanely fast.  2-6 round 'bursts' are my favorite way to shoot it, as mag dumps just empty a 25 rounder in 3 or so seconds.  

Get one.  

https://i.imgur.com/vhgwnLu.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  Bought one and it should come tomorrow so hopefully have time to put it in one of the factory trigger packs I got sitting in a drawer this weekend and try it out.  The first host is going to be my SBR'd Charger with all Kidd internals and a Magpul Backpacker stock + can on the front.  Worried it's going to be hard to get away from that sweet Kidd trigger and hope it's as fun as you and others describe.  

Any tips/tricks or is it mostly a plug and play affair?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice!  Bought one and it should come tomorrow so hopefully have time to put it in one of the factory trigger packs I got sitting in a drawer this weekend and try it out.  The first host is going to be my SBR'd Charger with all Kidd internals and a Magpul Backpacker stock + can on the front.  Worried it's going to be hard to get away from that sweet Kidd trigger and hope it's as fun as you and others describe.  

Any tips/tricks or is it mostly a plug and play affair?
View Quote

watch the youtube video on installation.  the safety detent is the hardest part of installation.

The binary trigger will only work on a polymer trigger housing.

The trigger pull will be horrendous, but that's the way binary trigger works.  You can't have a light trigger.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Different strokes and all that aside, if l had a place l can take advantage of binary triggers l might consider getting one for the 10-22 but alas l don't own property nor do l have any range l can go to that allows any kind of burst or rapid fire without getting thrown out.
Good luck OP, have fun, and be safe.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
BMWGUY  mine works on a stock Ruger trigger housing that is alum.  Never heard about polymer only!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry didn't mean all caps on bmwguy, my bad
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I posted in the FA industry forum that my binary trigger wouldn’t work in my nearly new aluminum housing and had to buy a polymer housing for it to work correctly...
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The last one I installed, when set to binary, goes between semi and binary quite randomly. In other words, it does not work properly. I haven't taken time to figure this one out yet, but everything seems installed correctly.

The trigger pull and brake are not as good as the stock trigger.

Machining on a few of the ones I've installed is pretty meh. Nothing impressive. Could have used a good polishing pass when they were being milled.

The safety is spongy and doesn't lock into position firmly.

Fun but unimpressed with build quality.

Quality on the AR FCGs seems better, imo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]
no binary experience with a 10/22 but I have spent way too much time goofing around trying to make 10/22s bumpable and crank fire ready...  a year ago I put a binary in a S&W 15-22 and it just seems like a much more robust system for burning through 22.  Plus the mags are much easier to load, something you will be doing a lot.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one and it is awesome.  YouTube video walked me through installation.

After about 10 factory 25 magazines, it starts to have issues.  Dirty .22 duh!

Other than that, it works great and is a fun toy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had mine since the end of July.  It goes with me to the range; every trip. I shot over 600 rounds through mine the second time I had it out. 500 rounds of Remington Thunderbolts and over 100 CCI Minimags.  Zero jams or duds (impressive for Thunderbolts!). I am more than impressed with this trigger. 2 shot burst on steel plates is awesome and sometimes you have just have to do a mag dump. The binary mode is fast.  I would like to see what the cyclic rate is on this thing, but I don't have a shot timer. When you run it fast, you can keep a full BX-25 on target. And it's guilt free shooting; with the low cost of 22LR. You will need to clean your 10/22, after 500 or so rounds, though.  Once you get the gun that dirty the binary does slow down. More lube will help for a while. The trigger pull on mine is right at 5lbs, in binary mode; where as my stock 10/22 trigger was a little over 6 lbs. This is not a target/precision setup; but it is an awesome blasting and plinking rig! For the plinker or rapid fire shooter, this is best new firearm product to come out in a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top