Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 4:25:07 AM EDT
Has anyone mounted a scope to that mount for the Backpacker?

I'm thinking a scout scope would be fun. Especially if I got a low power fixed one with a German #4 reticle.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just running a FF3 out there right now, but am starting to wonder about a scope out there instead myself.

Biggest issue at this point is that there's not nearly enough length on the Pic rail to get 2 scope rings, and any adapter system would push the scope way too high for even a chin weld on the stock.

Something along the lines of a 1-pc DNZ mount/ring combo that bolted on in place of the Magpul Pic rail maybe?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just running a FF3 out there right now, but am starting to wonder about a scope out there instead myself.

Biggest issue at this point is that there's not nearly enough length on the Pic rail to get 2 scope rings, and any adapter system would push the scope way too high for even a chin weld on the stock.

Something along the lines of a 1-pc DNZ mount/ring combo that bolted on in place of the Magpul Pic rail maybe?
View Quote

That's a really good idea!

I usually use tech sights for nearly all my hunting.  But my eyes aren't getting any younger.   Plus I hate the way scoped rifles carry. Everything just feels wrong.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
As luck would have it, I recently traded for a rifle that came with a cheap LER scope that didn't belong on the receiver and I played with mounting it yesterday:

I used the widest single ring I could find to give it a little stability with only the single mounting point available:

It clears the rear sight either upright or folded, and is at the perfect height for me with the 'high' riser on the stock.

Installed where it is, it doesn't even stick out any further than the end of the stock when taken down & nested:

All told, I'm intrigued enough to see how it shoots.  The scope is extremely light, and it's not like the .22LR is a recoil powerhouse -- maybe it'll work well enough as-is to run it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top