Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2018 11:58:35 AM EDT
I've been thinking about building a SBR 10/22 to use with my sparrow. However, I recently talked to a friend with one and he said that its great till about the 4th mag when it starts to get dirty. After that it won't work and you might as well put it away.

Is there any way to avoid this? I don't want to spend the money and paperwork on a gun that I'm going to hate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I suspect your buddy has other issues.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suspect your buddy has other issues.
View Quote
I'd love to pass on any ideas to him for a fix
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t cleaned my 4.5” 10/22 and I always fire it suppressed. It very very rarely jams and it’s filthy.

He can try a new volquartsen extractor and make sure he has a proper recoil spring.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
the new integral takedown barrel has huge baffels
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven’t cleaned my 4.5” 10/22 and I always fire it suppressed. It very very rarely jams and it’s filthy.

He can try a new volquartsen extractor and make sure he has a proper recoil spring.
View Quote
I agree. A couple of other ideas:

1. Try different ammo. My Rugers won't run Aguila SV for shit, but love CCI SV, Remington HV (besides the occasional dud round), and CCI minimags. My 4.5" barrel keeps them all subsonic, so I running the HV ammo for the extra oomph doesn't bother me.

2. Use Ruger mags. I still don't trust the Butler Creek mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top