BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Well FUCK ME!!!

They wait untill I buy one then come out with the one they should have in the first place.......
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well FUCK ME!!!

They wait untill I buy one then come out with the one they should have in the first place.......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well FUCK ME!!!

Ditto this.
I have to buy a 2nd one now anyway... since the first one already has Form1 in process to make into a SBS. May as well buy the cooler looking wood version.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone added the full Pachmayr set of grips to one yet?
View Quote
Fairly certain the near vertical pistol grip will be short of the required 26"+
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fairly certain the near vertical pistol grip will be short of the required 26"+
View Quote
Yep.  I have the Pachmyer grip on one of my 870s and its definitely  too short for a Tac 14
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
When my form1 comes back to SBS the TAC14... in place of the regular hogue stock... can i put a pistol grip on it ? or does that make it an AOW instead of SBS ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Contemplating, cutting a laminated stock at the 26.5" mark and adding a fitted piece of powder coated aluminum diamond plate as a cap.
Can anyone see a legal issue?
TIA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:38:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know if a standard full length barrel will fit on a Tac-14?
I am wondering if the barrel lug is in the same place.
Thanks for the help,
Danomite!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if a standard full length barrel will fit on a Tac-14?
I am wondering if the barrel lug is in the same place.
Thanks for the help,
Danomite!
View Quote
Yes, all standard 870 barrels will fit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Contemplating, cutting a laminated stock at the 26.5" mark and adding a fitted piece of powder coated aluminum diamond plate as a cap.
TIA.
View Quote
A brace is a brace, a stock is a stock. I'm no legal solar, but I'd think you create an sbs attaching a stock. "designed to be fired from the shoulder"
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Be careful

How easy do you bruise?
View Quote
I can see that big time.  My son has a sigbrace and I think I'll borrow it to see how it goes.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A brace is a brace, a stock is a stock. I'm no legal solar, but I'd think you create an sbs attaching a stock. "designed to be fired from the shoulder"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TIA.
Hmmmm, maybe I'll just radius the laminated stock so there is no flat end.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Again, I'm no lawyer.

It sounds more like you are trying to make a stock a stock no more. I'm still not sure that clears you.

Everything that isn't a stock - isn't automatically a brace.

The magic, legally, is in the arm brace. An object that allows you to strap your arm in a pistol to aid shooting.

I think you'd need to turn your stock into a brace. Even then, your design may or may not be accepted as a brace. Supposedly, the braces everybody is buying, have all been vetted by the atf.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$143.99 shipped from OpticsPlanet.com...
View Quote
They are in ebay 159 free shipping or make an offer.

I offered 140 they accepted. Full kit, 140 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
When will Stoeger or someone else come out with a “firearm” version of a double barrel?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#15]
im about to pick on up.

Whats a decent option for adding a fiber optic front sight?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I put some hockey stick tape on the rear, and a vertical/light grip on the forearm. Tamed it the shot *ahem* firearm nicely.
No ejection issues, and point of aim is point of impact from the hip to mid shoulder.
All I do is push forward enough to create a little tension forward. Now for a one round extension.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the sidesaddle mounted

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Again, I'm no lawyer.

It sounds more like you are trying to make a stock a stock no more. I'm still not sure that clears you.

The magic, legally, is in the arm brace. An object that allows you to strap your arm in a pistol to aid shooting.

I think you'd need to turn your stock into a brace. Even then, your design may or may not be accepted as a brace. Supposedly, the braces everybody is buying, have all been vetted by the atf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, I'm no lawyer.

If you intend to create your own brace, just don't.  Unless you spend the money to send it in to the BATFE for review. As long as your barrel is over 18.5 inches you can shorten your existing stock so the total length is no less than 26.5 inches.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Wilson +1 coming, it has the sling plate.  Can anyone confirm if the plate will work with Magpul forearm?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a Wilson +1 coming, it has the sling plate.  Can anyone confirm if the plate will work with Magpul forearm?
View Quote
Looks like it should.   The plate is forward of the knurled piece.

Mine w/o plate.

Factory photo with plate

Sorry,  not exactly "confirmation"
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I'll be ok.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well FUCK ME!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well FUCK ME!!!

What’s the release date on that?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like it should.   The plate is forward of the knurled piece.

Mine w/o plate.

https://i.imgur.com/z9PT569.jpg

Factory photo with plate

https://i.imgur.com/YR3EIku.png

Sorry,  not exactly "confirmation"
View Quote
Worked great. The silicone o-ring works damn good at holding the cap on. I could barely get the factory off by hand. Not doubting it holding the wilson +1 in place.
Using the wilson spring and wilson follower. 5 in the tube.
That wood furniture is Sexy as hell!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#24]
20 Gauge.  Buffer tube and shell holders came in today.  Still waiting on a +1 extension and will probably plate it at some point, either in hard chrome or a satin nickel.  I've had quite a few pistol grip 12ga's over the years.  When I sold the last one I told myself I'd never buy another.  Was pretty pleased to see Remington come out with the 20ga Tac-14!
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, I jumped on the Shockwave train,today. Was in one of our gun shops yesterday and just happened to spend a few minutes, checking one out. Guess it intrigued me because last night, I read this thread and decided to give the Shockwave a closer look.
Needless to say, I'm stoked to have one, in my possession. Let the mods begin!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Not likely to be possible. With the rear of the barrel on a break action set back to where the rear of the BOLT normally is on a pump, they'll have to leave enough at the rear to maintain 26" OAL with anything below 18" barrels that ATF will call it a stock, and since it would have a stock it would be a shotgun. I cut a single shot to 18.25" once, even that had about as much behind the pistol grip as what you see on a mare's leg lever action. 4" off the barrel means 4" more at the rear. Short stock, but a stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not likely to be possible. With the rear of the barrel on a break action set back to where the rear of the BOLT normally is on a pump, they'll have to leave enough at the rear to maintain 26" OAL with anything below 18" barrels that ATF will call it a stock, and since it would have a stock it would be a shotgun. I cut a single shot to 18.25" once, even that had about as much behind the pistol grip as what you see on a mare's leg lever action. 4" off the barrel means 4" more at the rear. Short stock, but a stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I had a cut down sterlingworth that had it's grip shaped as a birdshead and 19" barrels and iirc it was 27 or 28".
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Just put the Scattergun Technologies ghost ring sights on mine....or at least the front sight is done!  I am drilling and tapping the receiver tonight for the rear ghost sight.  Wish me luck and I will post pics after!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I had a cut down sterlingworth that had it's grip shaped as a birdshead and 19" barrels and iirc it was 27 or 28".
View Quote
Yep-now imagine taking 5" more off the barrels, length off one end means more on the other end.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Need the Magpul MLok or a Houge fore grip,  the 870 Tac-18.

Link Posted: 3/13/2018 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Wilson +1, hogue foregrip and mesa side saddle.
The hogue 12" stock will go on when form1 comes back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wilson +1, hogue foregrip and mesa side saddle.
The hogue 12" stock will go on when form1 comes back.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180313_225609-481564.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180313_225548-481565.JPG
View Quote
Looks good

Can you take a pic looking down on the side saddle? I'm trying to compare a couple to see if I want to change from the esstac cards.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Looks good

Can you take a pic looking down on the side saddle? I'm trying to compare a couple to see if I want to change from the esstac cards.
View Quote
I love these Mesa side saddles...
I have a 6 hole on my 18" 870 and another 6 hole coming this week only because the price was right.
Thought the 4 hole looked better on the stubby Tac14

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Is the top of the receiver not tapped for rails/optics?
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is the top of the receiver not tapped for rails/optics?
View Quote
Not as it comes from the factory....but that is an easy job for any decent gunsmith.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a 6 hole on my 18" 870 and another 6 hole coming this week only because the price was right.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/tac14_top_a-482548.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/tac14_top_b-482549.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks good

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/tac14_top_a-482548.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/tac14_top_b-482549.JPG
Thank you. I'm trying to decide between the Mesa and the aridus. I though the Mesa wouldn't be as wide but they look nearly identical.
Attachment Attached File

I still might go with a 4rd mesa on my shockwave
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#37]
In case some haven't noticed, Voodoo Tactical has introduced a longer scabbard, that now covers the trigger.

https://www.voodootactical.net/charlie-delta-tactical-molle-compatible-scabbard-for-shockwave-or-tac-14.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thank you. I'm trying to decide between the Mesa and the aridus. I though the Mesa wouldn't be as wide but they look nearly identical.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/6cea18305b83d741b1505887fa74fb37-482829.JPG

View Quote
The Mesa appears to be scalloped much tighter and looks cleaner than any other side saddle I've seen...  but yeah... as far as functionality, they appear identical.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Mesa appears to be scalloped much tighter and looks cleaner than any other side saddle I've seen...  but yeah... as far as functionality, they appear identical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/6cea18305b83d741b1505887fa74fb37-482829.JPG

The Mesa does look smoother but they both seem to stick out as far (I was concerned for storage reasons). The Aridus is a QD system that is much more solid than the esstac cards. It's pricey though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Couple of questions for you Gentlemen.

On the SB brace and pistol grip set, can the pistol grip (Ergo, right?) be removed and replaced with an AR comparable grip like the Magpul MOE?

Which +1 tube extension matches the finish of the Tac 14 the best?

I'm about to work out the credit card!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Couple of questions for you Gentlemen.

On the SB brace and pistol grip set, can the pistol grip (Ergo, right?) be removed and replaced with an AR comparable grip like the Magpul MOE?

Which +1 tube extension matches the finish of the Tac 14 the best?

I'm about to work out the credit card!

Thanks!
View Quote
Yep - it will accept any standard AR grip:

Attachment Attached File

I'm partial to the Wilson Combat +1. It sits completely flush with the barrel:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I swapped my barrel out for this one with rifle sights

Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Now you'll be able to get the arm brace from the factory.

Link Posted: 4/1/2018 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Where are you guys buying barrels?
I ordered a 12.5" barrel from a vendor almost a month ago. (march 4th) and havent seen shit from them yet.

looking to possibly dispute with cc company and explore other options soon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#45]
CAn I replace the front bead with a fiber optics front sight?
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I ordered a 12.5" barrel from a vendor almost a month ago. (march 4th) and havent seen shit from them yet.

View Quote
https://www.botach.com/remington-shotgun-barrels-11-14-18-inches/

You can also find them on eBay from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
CAn I replace the front bead with a fiber optics front sight?
View Quote
The factory bead is riveted/brazed into the pedestal base (It will not unscrew). You will have to cut it off and drill/tap a hole into the remaining bead shank (but sometimes the shank will spin when the drill goes in). Something like the XS bead that epoxies over the existing base/bead is an easier install.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks great!

I made one similar except used the "High" Mesa Tactical adapter.  so the tube is higher up.  It workks great.  I have a shockwave blade on mine but like how the SBm4 looks better - I suspect I will get that brace.  I put one on an AR and its very comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I added the SB Tactical brace and put about 20 rounds through it yesterday.  It was great and makes it much more accurate.

The drop in the stock is similar to what I have on my Benelli M4 with the Mesa Tactial stock.  It was great for the XS Big Dot sight I have on it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its just easier to cut and re-solder a Remington base and bead - you can find the sight parts for about $15 on midway.  Solder at Brownells
I've heard (but not tried) that you can also use JB weld to affix the Remington sight base.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top