Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you were going to stockpile around 10k rounds of .22, what would you choose?

The wally world bulk packs are tempting, but I don't think it would run well in everything.
I have used cci blazer before with good results in multiple firearms, and it is reasonably priced.

Price is not the deciding factor, more on reliability in multiple platforms.

Buy what works in your guns.

That is the obvious answer, but I may not always have the same guns.  I guess I am looking for reasonably priced, but fairly reliable as well.   10k rounds would be a lifetime supply of food IMO, but I would rather spend $3-400 than $800.

10k of .22 will not last as long as you think it will.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were going to stockpile around 10k rounds of .22, what would you choose?

The wally world bulk packs are tempting, but I don't think it would run well in everything.

I have used cci blazer before with good results in multiple firearms, and it is reasonably priced.

Price is not the deciding factor, more on reliability in multiple platforms.

Buy what works in your guns.

That is the obvious answer, but I may not always have the same guns.  I guess I am looking for reasonably priced, but fairly reliable as well.   10k rounds would be a lifetime supply of food IMO, but I would rather spend $3-400 than $800.

10k of .22 will not last as long as you think it will.

It would if it was used as intended.   I am not really planning for a  OMG BBQ SHTF type scenario, but it really is a cheap backup plan.  10K rounds would last for years in a survival type situation.  500 rounds a year would last you 20 years.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Price not being a determining factor
RWS
CCI Green Tag

I got a pretty sizeable pile of various bulk packs and the reminents of many boxes used for testing a couple of builds.

I still need to find some LAPUA ond a couple others for a up-comming project.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Get the CCI SV. A couple cases are next on my list.

Already got about 10k of federal value pack (red box) that I was stocking up on at ~$14 a box.

You can fit about 6k into a 50 cal ammo can, if you dump the boxes into ziplock freezer bags (save the lot numbers just in case). Heavy as fvck, but convenient storage.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have just over 7500 rounds of the CCI Mini mags.. 5000 round nose and 2500 HP..
I have a butt load of the Win white box, actually there mostly my 13 year olds but I count them as well in my stash inventory.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Federal 525 Bulk packs since every 22LR I have runs great with it. $160 a case, 5250 rounds, got a few. So yes, this is what I stock pile 10K + of...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#7]
my guns like federal ammo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally, I've never had any issues with Federal Bulk Pack.

QFT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top