Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2023 2:08:50 PM EDT
Had a Scorpion & sold it. Had an SP5 and sold it. Both recently. No issues, just not the one for me.

Had a couple Beretta CX4 Storms back in the day. Maybe I should get another?

I currently have a Sub 2000. Keeping it.

Must be 9mm. Must be able to accept a suppressor. If it uses Glock 19 mags, that's a bonus, but not required. Not spending SP5 money.

Which should I consider?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
B&T
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote is the KUSA since I have one lol. That being said, we installed a buffer system in my biz partners Stribog and it feels like it has almost half the recoil as mine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The CX4 is a great gun. My Scorpion and SP5 are my favorite guns to shoot and are stupid accurate for such a short barrel. B&T makes some good guns but are expensive. I don't care for the trigger on their MP9. I had a Steyr SPP years ago and the trigger is very mushy and unlike anything else I have fired. It would be great in full auto but for semi auto, I couldn't shoot it well. I didn't care for the .45 KRISS I owned. I owned a couple of UZIs years ago. They were good but very heavy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Kriss
Draco 9mm
Tavor X95 9mm if you can find one
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
FM9's don't get much love but mine runs great
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably the new S&W folder. I could see a great use for something like that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I will admit that the feel of the CX4 is my favorite.

I owned 2 previously, and I have 2 now.

I did buy the new S&W carbine that folds in 1/2. I like that feature. But, I still prefer the feel of the CX4.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FM9's don't get much love but mine runs great
View Quote

What I had from them was junk & their "customer service" was Even worse. Never again
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will admit that the feel of the CX4 is my favorite.

I owned 2 previously, and I have 2 now.

I did buy the new S&W carbine that folds in 1/2. I like that feature. But, I still prefer the feel of the CX4.

https://i.imgur.com/3wx0YXZ.jpg
View Quote

How would you compare the 2 and is the Beretta suppressor ready?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kriss
Draco 9mm
Tavor X95 9mm if you can find one
View Quote

I dig the look of the KRISS, but are they worth the $? Suppressor ready?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm cheap so I'll just stick with my dependable 140buck hipoint 4095,

it's bounced around for miles on my atv while I've checked fence and on my tractor while brushhoggin and dirt work,

Looks rough and beat but still shoots when I pull the trigger and never jammed in several thousand rounds fired.

Shitty end it only got 10rd mags, good thing I got 10 of them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Banshee has done me well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Extar EP9
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Extar EP9
View Quote

Never heard of it. care to elaborate on why?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I just have MP5s and a B&T TP9-N.
I just bought a (proprietary) QD suppressor for the TP9.

We have the B&T APC9-SD at work, and they're nice, but I like a suppressed MP5 (or clone) better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Never heard of it. care to elaborate on why?
View Quote

$450-500 for an extremely reliable 9mm PCC that takes Glock mags. Light weight and pretty soft shooting for a direct blowback too.

I have over 3k rounds all suppressed without a single hiccup through mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
My Banshees are my favorite PCCs.

Also have an OG EP9 and think it’s great for a budget option. Very reliable.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Uzi, SMG not PCC

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Banshee has done me well.
https://i.imgur.com/1TvnT8N.jpg
View Quote

Same.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just have MP5s and a B&T TP9-N.
I just bought a (proprietary) QD suppressor for the TP9.

We have the B&T APC9-SD at work, and they're nice, but I like a suppressed MP5 (or clone) better.
View Quote

Thanks. Already have a can to use ao not going to buy something that requires a proprietary can.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
B&T GHM9, LOVE mine.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

$450-500 for an extremely reliable 9mm PCC that takes Glock mags. Light weight and pretty soft shooting for a direct blowback too.

I have over 3k rounds all suppressed without a single hiccup through mine.
View Quote

Excellent. Looked them up and only Extar themselves sells them it seems?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't shot the new S&W yet. I've been sick almost 2 weeks and have bronchitis right now.

But, when handling around the house. The S&W is lighter than my CX4s. Noticeably lighter. That is nice. However, in handling it - I do prefer the "feel" of the CX4s more.

From what I have read, the S&W may group better than the CX4 does. I can't compare recoil yet, since I haven't shot the S&W. But, I have owned four CX4s total - and have those 2 right now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]
CMMG Banshee
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The CX4 is not threaded and it’s also a pain to get 922R parts if you want to do it right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I have an MP5, 2 MP5Ks, Scorpion K, APC9K and KP9. Binary triggers in all but KP9 and one MP5K. KP9 has an ALG trigger.

I recommend an APC9K or full size Pro. It's laser accurate and suppresses decent without being gassy using an RS9, Wolfman or Omega 9k.

The KP9 is fun and accurate but not a good time suppressed.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had a Scorpion & sold it. Had an SP5 and sold it. Both recently. No issues, just not the one for me.

Had a couple Beretta CX4 Storms back in the day. Maybe I should get another?

I currently have a Sub 2000. Keeping it.

Must be 9mm. Must be able to accept a suppressor. If it uses Glock 19 mags, that's a bonus, but not required. Not spending SP5 money.

Which should I consider?
View Quote

Surprised you didn't like the SP5
Thought this was the creme de la creme in regards to the best pcc.
Would like to hear why you got rid of it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The CX4 is not threaded and it’s also a pain to get 922R parts if you want to do it right.
View Quote

Yea, I forgot to mention that in my post. The gun is not threaded. Some people at the Beretta Forum have had theirs threaded. Bu yea, there may be other things ya gotta do
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#29]

X2 GHM9 with subsonic ammo is

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been asking the same question.  I have a 9mm AR and a SP5.  They have really dragged me into the PCC world like a crack addict.  The cost of ammo makes them more economical to shoot, but that may be in my head because I blow through some rounds with them.

I have been considering all of the typical ones as my next purchase but really I am undecided.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I am anxiously awaiting the new MEAN Arms bearing delay.  
Got my pre-order in and will be testing it full auto and suppressed if they ever deliver:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Bearing-Delay-Upper-Receiver-Assembly-updates-information-and-resources/817-303326/
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Stribog A3. New ones with curved mags seem to be running fine.
Mine is older, zero problems, replaced the poly lower with a Lingle aluminum, Scorpion mag lower just for shits and giggles.

Recoil and accuracy equal to my AP5 as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I've debated trading my scorpion for the PSA AKV but the form4 process is a nightmare

If I had spare cash I'd look at the AKV, Banshee
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Nobody has said MPX in this thread.  

Dead reliable, not a blowback gun, and tons of support.  Mid-range in price compared to other options.

Big downside is magazines are $50 (but good quality).  It doesn't silence as well as an mp5 if that matters to you.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Another vote for the MPX.  I prefer them over my MP5’s, Banshee and straight blowback guns like my APC9 and AKV.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Surprised you didn't like the SP5
Thought this was the creme de la creme in regards to the best pcc.
Would like to hear why you got rid of it.
View Quote

It was just exhausting to shoot. By that I mean My arms got tired fairly quickly shooting it. I'm not sure why as it's obviously not super heavy. I'm not some fat slob that's out of shape either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nobody has said MPX in this thread.  

Dead reliable, not a blowback gun, and tons of support.  Mid-range in price compared to other options.

Big downside is magazines are $50 (but good quality).  It doesn't silence as well as an mp5 if that matters to you.

View Quote

Because as I said I'm not spending that kind of money ;)
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I haven't shot the new S&W yet. I've been sick almost 2 weeks and have bronchitis right now.

But, when handling around the house. The S&W is lighter than my CX4s. Noticeably lighter. That is nice. However, in handling it - I do prefer the "feel" of the CX4s more.

From what I have read, the S&W may group better than the CX4 does. I can't compare recoil yet, since I haven't shot the S&W. But, I have owned four CX4s total - and have those 2 right now.
View Quote

The new Smith & Wesson is threaded and ready for a suppressor, correct? I might try to pick up a used one of those and give that a try as they aren't terribly expensive new so used would be even better
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
GHM or APC offerings from BT are the best. Had them all. BT hands down wins this race…
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Ruger PC9 is available threaded and takes Glock magazines, plus it is very reasonable for a takedown 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I would buy an MP5 clone everyday and just be done with that - forever.
Not saying I'd buy an SP5 for 4kUSD - no Sir - but a clone for under 2k... every day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Because as I said I'm not spending that kind of money ;)
View Quote

You said you weren’t spending mp5 money…. Mp5 money is well into the $3k range now isn’t it?  Mpx can be had for under $2k.  Even Scorpions are $1k guns now.  

A buddy has an ak-v from PSA, it’s a blast and bumpfires easily all day long.  But they’re $1k blowback guns now too.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Excellent. Looked them up and only Extar themselves sells them it seems?
View Quote

Yes. As far as I know the only way to get a new one is through Extar.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ll get grilled for this, but I like my PC Charger.  It’s blowback, kind of a pig, don’t love the controls.  The action is reliable, takes Glock magazines and AR grips, Mlok and is fun to shoot.  It’s also the cheapest choice.  I really want to try a GHM9 or APC9 in a Glock mag well.

Quoted:

You said you weren’t spending mp5 money…. Mp5 money is well into the $3k range now isn’t it?  Mpx can be had for under $2k.  Even Scorpions are $1k guns now.  

A buddy has an ak-v from PSA, it’s a blast and bumpfires easily all day long.  But they’re $1k blowback guns now too.  
View Quote

Scorpions are $750 right now before they’re gone.  It’s been discontinued because it isn’t a big seller.

I saw GHM9s for 1300-1400 last fall.  Were they gen 1s being unloaded before the gen 2 launched and were there problems with them?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got an MPX and am loving it, so fast!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a mostly all Colt RO635 clone (semi-auto SBR) that fills the PCC slot in my life. It’s a trifecta for me because I’m a bit of a Colt collector and a retro head at heart. It’s become my favorite range toy and would be quite effective in the event I need to repel boarders.

Personally, I can’t imagine a cooler PCC than a 635, although Sterlings and Uzis would be interesting. If I was limited to COTS options in ‘murica today it would probably be a CX4 for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have a mostly all Colt RO635 clone (semi-auto SBR) that fills the PCC slot in my life. It’s a trifecta for me because I’m a bit of a Colt collector and a retro head at heart. It’s become my favorite range toy and would be quite effective in the event I need to repel boarders.

Personally, I can’t imagine a cooler PCC than a 635, although Sterlings and Uzis would be interesting. If I was limited to COTS options in ‘murica today it would probably be a CX4 for me.
View Quote

Semi-auto fullsize UZIs are like semi-auto Tommy guns. Very cool until you are the one holding it. I couldn't imagine paying what people are asking for one in today's market. As a shooter, the disappointment of finding out how unfun a fullsize UZI is after dropping that much cash on one would be immeasurable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Semi-auto fullsize UZIs are like semi-auto Tommy guns. Very cool until you are the one holding it. I couldn't imagine paying what people are asking for one in today's market. As a shooter, the disappointment of finding out how unfun a fullsize UZI is after dropping that much cash on one would be immeasurable.
View Quote
Yeah I had a semi-auto Norinco UZI years ago and sold it. Just wasn't fun.

I've fired select-fire ones a few times as well. They just pale in comparison to the MP5 family (or most anything newer) and they're heavy. Like almost Thompson heavy (which is fine while you're firing it but sucks walking through the woods with). The ugly fixed wood stock is a much better (more stable) stock than the steel folder.

I only shot a Sterling once, and that was on full auto. I liked it better than the UZI. Also liked the Swedish K.

I've fired peoples' blowback ARs and they have a lot more felt recoil than other 9mm designs (and their 5.56mm brethren) so I've never wanted one, especially now when you can have an MP5 for less. Maybe some people like that they recoil more because it better simulates the experience of firing more expensive ammo? Idk.
I think the delayed blowback ones are neat, but I never heard that CMMG fixed their questionable ejector spring that only lasts like 2k rounds so I've been waiting to hear that.

The trigger on my B&T TP9 is horrible, but it fits in an actual holster, and weighs less than my MP5K (which I have an old Eagle thigh rig for, but it uses thigh straps -yuck). Plan is to convert it to select-fire, maybe improve the trigger (if possible) and then I'll have something select-fire with big mags that can still be holstered and carried as a secondary weapon.

If SMG is primary, it's MP5 all the way (for me).
I have one in .40 S&W but I rarely shoot that one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#49]
No offense but you owned and sold a Scorpion and SP5 yet decided that a shitty Keltec Sub-2000 is a keeper.  Nothing I could suggest would be of any interest to you.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm cheap so I'll just stick with my dependable 140buck hipoint 4095,

it's bounced around for miles on my atv while I've checked fence and on my tractor while brushhoggin and dirt work,

Looks rough and beat but still shoots when I pull the trigger and never jammed in several thousand rounds fired.

Shitty end it only got 10rd mags, good thing I got 10 of them.
View Quote

ProMag has 15 rounders.

OP, if you like your Gen 2 SUB, you'd probably enjoy the new S&W.  If you're a sinister, grab a CX4 before they're gone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top