BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!

I ordered a GP PVS14 w/ Wilcox L4 G11 from @TNVC back in early January. I believe it's slated to be built early next month. I can't wait, especially after getting to play with a buddy's Gen3 PVS7. I'll only get to play with it inside until about mid-September since I won't see night until around then.

In the meantime I worked on accessorizing:

Ops-Core Bump
Streamlight Sidewinder compact
DBAL I2
TOR Mini
Surefire x300V
Streamlight TLR VIR II

I'd suggest ordering your unit today and then spend the next several months accessorizing so you're all set when comes in.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Photonis Echo WP from JRH is the best bang for buck in my opinion right now. Arfcom discount too if you email.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks everyone. I have the PVS14 purchased (WP thin film), as well as the Wilcox G24/J-arm (BDU had them in stock). I have an Ops Core bump, 4D pads, and a Mohawk in my cart I’m just undecided on the IR laser/illuminator. I’m stuck a bit. @lilMAC25 has been helping me out. The D2 looks good but it pretty chunky. I like the profile of the A3 but it’s not as good of a throw...idk

Or maybe I should get an Arisaka IR/white scout head and stick with a laser only on top hmmm
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Perst-3 and so far, I'm pretty happy with it. Read through the discussion here in the NV Forum.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Perst-3 and so far, I'm pretty happy with it. Read through the discussion here in the NV Forum.
View Quote

+1 on perst3

Got to try a friends P3 and it is awesome. Mine is on order.
Also, pm sent @wjoutlaw about earlier.

@socommatthews
You can go the separate laser and illuminator route, but by the time you buy the LAM, IR light, and a switch to activate both simultaneously, you really don’t save any money and could probably buy a full power unit for a little more. With that said, I’ve been happy with my setup inside of 150yds (still waiting on Perst 3 for that full power fun)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I read that u ordered!  Congrats bud!    Also read you have a G24 and a J arm.  Just making sure that you have the correct interfaces (dovetail to dovetail, or bayo to bayo, and not bayo to dovetail)
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1 on perst3

Got to try a friends P3 and it is awesome. Mine is on order.
Also, pm sent @wjoutlaw about earlier.

@socommatthews
You can go the separate laser and illuminator route, but by the time you buy the LAM, IR light, and a switch to activate both simultaneously, you really don’t save any money and could probably buy a full power unit for a little more. With that said, I’ve been happy with my setup inside of 150yds (still waiting on Perst 3 for that full power fun)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/CD50993A-9363-4E45-A52E-DBDE4DE92F31_jpe-1903185.JPG
View Quote

I’ll look into that Perst3, thanks!
Quoted:
I read that u ordered!  Congrats bud!    Also read you have a G24 and a J arm.  Just making sure that you have the correct interfaces (dovetail to dovetail, or bayo to bayo, and not bayo to dovetail)
View Quote

I ordered the Wilcox G24, which should attach to the Team Wendy Exfil just fine. And I read that the G24 uses a specific Wilcox J-arm and not the standard j-arm that they usually come with so ordered both together. I think that’s right...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
So, many packages later, I think I’m in a decent spot. I won’t go too much into gear as I’m sure you can all tell by just looking lol. Thin filmed WP 14 on a TW Exfil. FP PEQ15 with a TAPS for controls. I’m still getting the adjustments perfected on the position of the 14. Controls on the gun are ok. I have to move my grip back just a bit to fire the laser but it’s not too big a deal. @lilMAC25 if you want some company next time you’re trying to pick up piggy’s I’ll be your wingman

Thoughts/suggestions?

-My biggest “issue” is I’m not too happy with the placement of the ear pro. They ride a bit low so the top of the foam ride on the top of my ear. Not to mention they’re pretty difficult to stow away on the back of the helmet so it’s cumbersome putting it all on.
-Do I really need that rubber eyepiece on the back of the 14? It’s annoying as fk.
-Should have learned my lesson with the last Inforce light I bought This one is having issues in the IR setting so it’ll be going back. I also need to mount it better.

Things I still need
-Retention system, I really dig the Squid from Costa Defense
-IR lights. Everyone seems to be running the S&S V-Lites.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Personally, I ditch the rubber eyepiece immediately. I keep it, I just take it off the device.

Everything else is a great start. Especially the IR LAM unit. You certainly didn’t around.

Someone (Valholl Gear) makes gel earcups for your Howard sleights.

http://www.valhollgear.com/
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice I use the base jump lanyards from tnvc that have the wilcox lanyards with a small carbiner on the end. You can thread them through the vent holes side to side or front to back which is how I'm running them.

Helmet light options seem to kinda suck. I'm trying out a streamlight sidewinder compact2 and its seems ok but im not sure on how durable it is and it'll need to be because it sticks out quite a bit. On the higher ir settings it makes a soft light that is good for navigation and doesn't glare off everything.

Also tried a princeton tec and the tab on the light broke on the first time I tried to snap it into the rail mount. I then was going to try it as a handheld but apparently fell out of my pocket before I had a chance and I couldn't find it. I could have gotten more illumination but lighting a 50$ bill on fire.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Would you mind giving some details on your tube?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Personally, I ditch the rubber eyepiece immediately. I keep it, I just take it off the device.

Everything else is a great start. Especially the IR LAM unit. You certainly didn’t around.

View Quote

I like keeping the rubber eye piece as a cushion. I just fold it forward.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll try folding it forward but yea, it’s in the way as designed.

Also, I’ve ordered the gelcups for the Howard Leights but I don’t think it’ll help where they ride. Maybe I need to look at different mounts in the future.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t have the sheet on me but I think EBI was .3, FOM was between 17-1800, SNR of like 27 I think, no blems that I can. It’s freakin amazing AF. If the specs were any better I don’t know that I’d be able to tell.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don’t have the sheet on me but I think EBI was .3, FOM was between 17-1800, SNR of like 27 I think, no blems that I can. It’s freakin amazing AF. If the specs were any better I don’t know that I’d be able to tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, i can never look through that tube. I’ll be selling stuff with the quickness.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, i can never look through that tube. I’ll be selling stuff with the quickness.
View Quote

Could be worse, my first intro to NV was with contract 31As and a MAWL on a three-hole 416.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Says the guy with binos
Quoted:

Could be worse, my first intro to NV was with contract 31As and a MAWL on a three-hole 416.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Says the guy with binos

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy with binos
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

True, but they ain’t THAT quality of tube!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top