User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
what about .454 Cassul

You can hunt with the 454.  It wasn't designed to kill humans like the 5.7 was.  It also wasn't designed specifically to penetrate kevlar.  I'm not agreeing with the law, I'm just stating the reasoning.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
So you are saying it is legally considered AP Ammunition. As in it is a handgun round that meets the test for AP Ammo.

Quoted:

Quoted:
what about .454 Cassul

You can hunt with the 454.  It wasn't designed to kill humans like the 5.7 was.  It also wasn't designed specifically to penetrate kevlar.  I'm not agreeing with the law, I'm just stating the reasoning.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is AP ammo., then somebody needs to design a cartridge that can be used in it's own gun as well as a 5.7mm. But, this ammunition would be designed as Non-AP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what about .454 Cassul

There are .223 pistols etc. Remington & Savage
I think these may all be bolt action though.

Well there's Thompson Center.

There are a few pre=ban AR15 pistols variants right?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
many Rifle rounds and can be used in handguns. What about the fact a .50BMG can be used in a few 50 Caliber Bolt-Action Handguns.

Yikes!  

I'd hate to shoot one of those! [:0]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I note that the mask is up. Is this available to civilians?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top