Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet it is finished and it is already too small.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you using for humidity and temperature control?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
SHE IS DONE!!! Bump
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazing man. Really nice job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is on the backside of the Smith door with the wires coming off it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What is on the backside of the Smith door with the wires coming off it?
That is to tie the door into the home security. I have ADT but haven't done it yet. (There are surveillance cameras covering every inch of my house. Don't try it)

Quoted:
Very nice something like what I want to do. 1 What was cost of the door? 2 The hook panel walls to mount guns on what band is it your using? 3What is the cost of it all so far? I plan on doing something like this but I need to go bigger lol. Design plans and ideas be great.
1. The door was 6.5k 2. The wall panels are by GallowTech. I had a great experience with both companies and couldn't recommend either one enough. 3. A lot

Quoted:
Wait... this was all done inside a completely built home?! I didn’t even think that’d be possible!!
Yes and yes. No excuses!

Quoted:
I bet it is finished and it is already too small.
Hahaha! You aren't wrong. You never can build them big enough. At least for now, I can stack my guns neatly like shown on all the panels only tighter and get about double the guns on there. Give me a little time before I start "Vault under a Vault thread"

Quoted:
What are you using for humidity and temperature control?
There is a humidifier that has plumbing and electric built into that cabinet with the vent cover on it. I also have a vent run into the vault room but it brings only fresh air. The temperature is fairly steady around 67 so we didn't bother bringing a duct from the central heating or cooling into it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Perfection! I love the center island concept. I think it will be very functional. Can you provide a little information on the shelving/doors in front of your vault door? Did you make them? Did you buy a hardware kit? Any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Perfection! I love the center island concept. I think it will be very functional. Can you provide a little information on the shelving/doors in front of your vault door? Did you make them? Did you buy a hardware kit? Any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.
View Quote
Thank you! I got it from  Murphydoor.com and installed it myself
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#8]
That is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]
looks very nice
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
OP delivered!!!!  Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Bravo, that looks absolutely fantastic!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Outstanding!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#13]
damn....just damn
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
That came out incredible and the attention to detail is outstanding!

The bookcase entrance is probably the best I have ever seen and I love the split feature!

I have a room about the same size I'm currently working on and your room is definitely an inspiration.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely incredible! I love the workbench in the center, I can't think of anything I would do different.

A few questions;

- I don't see any handguns, where are the handguns/handgun storage?

-Can we see photo's of the finished cabinet with the dehumidifier?

- Is there enough room for rifle storage expansion?

-After finishing is there anything you would change or do differently?

Again amazing work, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Absolutely incredible! I love the workbench in the center, I can't think of anything I would do different.

A few questions;

View Quote
I have a question or two, have you considered putting in long gun carousels in the corner cabinets? eventually you're going to run out of space on the walls. Have you allowed for ammo storage in there or do you have a separate locker away from the weapons?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Beautiful!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A few questions;

I only have 4 right now. I have been building the NFA and rifle portfolio mostly because they are what I enjoy shooting and collecting most. Also, I figure they will ban that stuff before handguns.

It is just a $200 Frigidaire dehumidifier from Lowes sitting on a shelf and piped into the drain.

I can comfortably and neatly stack the guns twice as tight. That is how I originally had them, but they are the way they appear now for looks. I can get about twice the guns I have displayed nearly for now. In the future I could make some racks in the tall shelving if/when needed.

Other than size, which isn't practical in my situation, nothing I can think of as of now. A lot of planning went into it and I am very satisfied.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A few questions;

I only have 4 right now. I have been building the NFA and rifle portfolio mostly because they are what I enjoy shooting and collecting most. Also, I figure they will ban that stuff before handguns.

It is just a $200 Frigidaire dehumidifier from Lowes sitting on a shelf and piped into the drain.

I can comfortably and neatly stack the guns twice as tight. That is how I originally had them, but they are the way they appear now for looks. I can get about twice the guns I have displayed nearly for now. In the future I could make some racks in the tall shelving if/when needed.

Other than size, which isn't practical in my situation, nothing I can think of as of now. A lot of planning went into it and I am very satisfied.

Quoted:

I have a question or two, have you considered putting in long gun carousels in the corner cabinets? Eventually you're going to run out of space on the walls.

That is a great idea that will certainly work space wise if/when I get to that point.

Have you allowed for ammo storage in there or do you have a separate locker away from the weapons?

The bottom bench shelves are felt lined and made to be the perfect size for storing 50 cal ammo cans.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Respect
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:43:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Stock some quality water bottles in there and some large tools in case you need to force that door open to get out. Flashlights. Make sure somebody knows it’s there in case your house gets flattened on top of it. Don’t let it become a tomb.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Hats of to you sir. Outstanding!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I came back to say I hate you and your vault room is awesome, and I hate you.  Good job though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#25]
The woodwork is beautiful. Fine job OP.
Nice collection too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
The finished room is spectacular!

Nicely done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Nicely done, sir!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Well done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks great. Awesome job OP. One day I will have one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy shit man, that is outstanding!

I cant tell you how jealous I am
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#33]
That is a beautiful room!
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#35]
A sight to be seen for sure!  I would love to have a room like that in my house.  Nice job!
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#36]
wow

that is awesome
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow.

That looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Very nice, and way to keep the thread updated!  One question for you:  Where do you display the pink Cricket, or Red Ryder, Nerf or Super Soakers?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Its Beautiful
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#40]
FPNI.

I love it
I hate you. Not really, just jealous.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top