Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Day 23.  Any second now I'll get a ship email, I know it.  I just keep clicking refresh
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Day 23.  Any second now I'll get a ship email, I know it.  I just keep clicking refresh
View Quote

LOL. Good thing you didn't get tricked into emailing Jaimie on Friday about getting the L3 version like i did, back of the line again!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Day 24.  Broke down and emailed Jaimie. They are waiting on tubes from ITT. Suppose to be there next week.  No idea where I am in the queue but one of those tubes is hopefully mine. Few more weeks I guess.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Day 24.  Broke down and emailed Jaimie. They are waiting on tubes from ITT. Suppose to be there next week.  No idea where I am in the queue but one of those tubes is hopefully mine. Few more weeks I guess.
View Quote

And next week is thanksgiving.......
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Crap, forgot.  Scratch next week.  I think when they said 2-3 weeks, well, I love the optimism but dang. Gonna be 6 at least. Oh well I guess.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Crap, forgot.  Scratch next week.  I think when they said 2-3 weeks, well, I love the optimism but dang. Gonna be 6 at least. Oh well I guess.
View Quote

I don't appreciate these optimistic ship dates at all.  Give me the best estimate or just say you don't know.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't appreciate these optimistic ship dates at all.  Give me the best estimate or just say you don't know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure they are just going off what the tube suppliers is telling them.  I know TNVC and they would never BS anyone, they are straight shooters.  Sometimes this happens, supplier says "we will have you product is X amount of days" and then supplier has an issue and does not come thru.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am sure they are just going off what the tube suppliers is telling them.  I know TNVC and they would never BS anyone, they are straight shooters.  Sometimes this happens, supplier says "we will have you product is X amount of days" and then supplier has an issue and does not come thru.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly the case. Almost always any delay in new scope delivery's are tube related. They can't build them until the tubes come in from the manufacturer and unfortunately their estimate on when they will be delivered is really a best guess in my experience.

Building the unit is never the delay. Getting the tubes always seems to be the choke point. I know it is frustrating for anyone to have to give the customer a time estimate based on another estimate they have no control over. I have seen this in action. I know TNVC builds them as fast as the tubes come in. The "tube guys" work at one speed and it is always slower than the "build guys".  Tubes are not easy to make and are the majority of the cost in any scope so I am glad they take the time to get it right. I do understand the frustration while waiting on new toys.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem to have no allowance for TNVC "knowing" on one date but a change of circumstances from their supplier causing the date to slip.

If you are ordering a "commodity" item (i.e. something at least a million other people buy each year), then a ship date should be firm.

Every IIT tube is closer to an one-off rather than a commodity and the fact that 80%+ of TNVC's customer base is LEO/mil & will get priority on delivery has been discussed here as well.

If I were buying a NOD, I'd buy from TNVC because the MOST important customer service I need on a multi-thousand dollar item is AFTER I get it.

YMMV

Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought my ITT/TNVC PVS14 back in February, and was quoted 3-4 weeks. I got the shipping notification 9 weeks after the date I ordered. It sounds like it's the same situation, they're waiting on parts from suppliers and can only go on the times they are given.
The wait will be worth it guys, hang in there.
A buddy of mine ordered his PVS14 from apparently a lesser company, and had to send his back for service due to fogging. Yesterday he mounted the newly serviced unit on his AR15 to do some night shooting. After the very first shot, all you could see was "black confetti" all over the tube and the focus wouldn't work. Hopefully he'll be able to have it serviced again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You seem to have no allowance for TNVC "knowing" on one date but a change of circumstances from their supplier causing the date to slip.

If you are ordering a "commodity" item (i.e. something at least a million other people buy each year), then a ship date should be firm.

Every IIT tube is closer to an one-off rather than a commodity and the fact that 80%+ of TNVC's customer base is LEO/mil & will get priority on delivery has been discussed here as well.

If I were buying a NOD, I'd buy from TNVC because the MOST important customer service I need on a multi-thousand dollar item is AFTER I get it.

YMMV

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Day 31......

are you saying because I'm not LEO/mil i won't get my pvs14 until there are no orders for LEO/mil?
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

YMMV

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Are those actual statistics, or are you just randomly pulling numbers out of thin air? I don't see any links backing your claims up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Day 31......

are you saying because I'm not LEO/mil i won't get my pvs14 until there are no orders for LEO/mil?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Day 31......

Day 31 for me too.  Please post if you hear anything. I'll do the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Day 31......

Day 32, mine shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
You dick!  
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Day 37

Emailed Jaimie and checked on their shipment of ITT tubes.  They did receive them last week.  Fingers crossed.  When I emailed on 11/11 they had shipped some orders from 10/19 and mine was ordered 10/26.  Gotta be close now!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Day 39.  One of last weeks tubes is mine and Jaimie sent me shipping info today.   It will actually beat me home by a day. Woo!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Day 39.  One of last weeks tubes is mine and Jaimie sent me shipping info today.   It will actually beat me home by a day. Woo!!
View Quote

wooot!!  it will be worth the wait :)  hardest part will be if you get it during the day waiting for nightfall.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I did it. Ordered an ITT Pinnacle PVS-14 today along with a Dbal-D2 and a Pro Tec helmet with mounting hardware.
So I'm looking at a little over a month wait correct? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a TNV/PVS-14 with ITT tube on 11/3/13 and got my shipping notification today (12/6/13)!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking like a month now, yeah.   Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Got home from work and opened up my my TNV/PVS-14.  Starting a new thread with specs.  Cheers
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Got shipping info today, ordered on 12/2. TNVC Christmas special L3.
View Quote

Sweeeeet
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top