BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
CMP Garands

Yeah......................... really miss my Garand...   She left a few years ago for a deposit on an apartment...
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have you ever tried a vz58?  I like the older pre 1950 stuff.  Another suggestion have you ever thought of building your own flintlock?

CD

Flintlock? Never thought about that. Havent shot a Vz58 either.

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You know there is always the next SHOT Show.
I mean there are some interesting rifles coming down the chute and I'm sure a few more we don't even know about yet.
I'm REALLY excited about the Beretta ARX 160 and CZ's new rifle the S805.

What we're going to see is other folks in the industry do their take on the SCAR to compete with the ACR, XCR, and SCAR of course. We've seen companies really going full blast now on piston rifles. Have you seen the New RRA PPS? Pretty nice little machine.  We're going to see companies going modular now just as they have gone piston. We're going to see companies take the ball that RA, Magpul/Bushmaster/Remington, and FNH have created and try to carry it a bit farther.

New barrel coatings, stronger polymers, a lot more ambi...some cool stuff is coming...I can feel it.

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Take up drinking, and get a GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!! hell with the old lady, you will tire of her also
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I mean there are some interesting rifles coming down the chute and I'm sure a few more we don't even know about yet.

What we're going to see is other folks in the industry do their take on the SCAR to compete with the ACR, XCR, and SCAR of course. We've seen companies really going full blast now on piston rifles. Have you seen the New RRA PPS? Pretty nice little machine.  We're going to see companies going modular now just as they have gone piston. We're going to see companies take the ball that RA, Magpul/Bushmaster/Remington, and FNH have created and try to carry it a bit farther.

New barrel coatings, stronger polymers, a lot more ambi...some cool stuff is coming...I can feel it.

I agree, but with the political climate; who knows if we'll see any of it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
iPad?!

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same issues. I have about 4-5 hobbies that I bounce around between when I get bored of one.  I'm into:

SLR cameras
guns
computers
stereo's home and mobile.
home theater
desert toys.
just got into ham radio
and flashlight collecting
also started seriously getting into mtn biking a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, but with the political climate; who knows if we'll see any of it?

We will see. If unemployment makes an amazing recovery to 8% or less maybe. If it stays above 8% the Democrats are toast.  If Republicans can retake the Senate or the whole Congress we'll be safe.

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ecclesiastes 1

Everything Is Meaningless...

Maybe a quick read of the book of Ecclesiastes?

Nice, seems that a novel I read took its' title from this...
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The weapon isn't always the issue, its what you want to do with it?  Try something like IPSC or 3-gun, trap/skeet, hunting, bullseye, etc.  Its not what firearm its what you want to so with it will drive what you need next.  

Try something new that you haven't tried before it, the choices will narrow down.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
A new lower priced .308 AR would do it for me,cannot believe the casting size and extra metal can be that much more now that new shootable AR complete are in the $500 range again.I got four .223/5.56 models now plus a 7.62x39 upper and now would like a cheap .308 lower to buy shit like a .243 upper,223WSSM  and 7 WSM uppers
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#12]
You seem like a rifle guy just like me.

I've found handguns are a much tougher to master so maybe you could take some classes to take your handgun training/shooting to the next level.

Other then that I'd say you need to start using your guns for events, I'm willing to bet a local rifle match would rekindle your shooting spirits.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A new lower priced .308 AR would do it for me,cannot believe the casting size and extra metal can be that much more now that new shootable AR complete are in the $500 range again.I got four .223/5.56 models now plus a 7.62x39 upper and now would like a cheap .308 lower to buy shit like a .243 upper,223WSSM  and 7 WSM uppers

I've also wondered why .308 AR's are so much more, I've come to the conclusion that it is because they are made in much smaller numbers, they are not as popular as AR15's and because they can charge that much and people will buy them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
When the going gets tough....the tough go OLD SCHOOL!!!!

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
2 women at once!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks to everyone's suggestions.

I did notice that a few mentioned classes and/or competition. As I mentioned earlier; I do attend classes, it's part of my job; and I do compete (handguns) several times a year. Last year at a fund raiser pistol match, I was 6 points from shooting NRA High Master, and won 2nd overall from about 50 shooters. This year I shot Master again at similar match. I've competed in steel plate matches, bullseye, and IDPA type matches. I still love to shoot.....

I'm a rifle and handgun guy. No real preference over one or the other; except over the years, while I do appreciate its qualities, from a personal stand-point I just do not like polymer pistols, and not much love for plastic rifles either.

So, it's not really a "use" or "training" issue; so much as there's just not much out there, that's new or old, that is really screaming at me anymore. Like I reached a plateau or something.

I'm leaning to the precision route with rifles, and maybe a .50.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
It would seem to me that stepping back from recreational shooting for a bit wouldn't be a bad idea.  I wouldn't sell anything, because eventually you will come back, but it is easy to get burned out.  Look into other hobbies would be my advice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
It is time to start buying pistols! Start with a Berreta 92 move on to a 1911 then possibly a Sig whatever flavor you desire. Pistols fill the occasional duldrums that pop up from time to time. The Sig AMT previously posted is one awesome rifle wish I had bought one when they were cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
NFA (SBR, Silencers, Auto if you have the cash)
Dirt bikes
Motorcycles
Muscle Cars
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I ride my Honda sportbike in the summer. I take 1 or 2 hour trips. If I lived out west, I would do Jeep off roading.

I would like to try this, Jeep offroading
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok, If the younger woman thing is out (and I STILL think it's the quickest way to get some excitement in your life! Especially if you get caught!)

How about trying old school precision shooting. It's more of a challenge than you might think!
These are some of my current favorites..

Believe it or not, this is a blast too...

Davesrb
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Handguns.  I like and shoot them way more than any of my rifles, except for my Garand.

You can have more than one hobby.  I used to play guitar, but haven't for about ten or eleven years.  I am just now starting to get the urge to buy another one. Sometimes, you just need a break from something, so you don't get burned out.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I skipped thru all three pages.. I go and shoot my AR and work on the fundamentals so I can master them, I never get bored of that and it's a life long pursuit...same with my 17....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thanks to everyone's suggestions.
I did notice that a few mentioned classes and/or competition. As I mentioned earlier; I do attend classes, it's part of my job; and I do compete (handguns) several times a year. Last year at a fund raiser pistol match, I was 6 points from shooting NRA High Master, and won 2nd overall from about 50 shooters. This year I shot Master again at similar match. I've competed in steel plate matches, bullseye, and IDPA type matches. I still love to shoot.....
I'm a rifle and handgun guy. No real preference over one or the other; except over the years, while I do appreciate its qualities, from a personal stand-point I just do not like polymer pistols, and not much love for plastic rifles either.
So, it's not really a "use" or "training" issue; so much as there's just not much out there, that's new or old, that is really screaming at me anymore. Like I reached a plateau or something.
I'm leaning to the precision route with rifles, and maybe a .50.....
Cowboy action shooting?

You get to learn a whole different skill set plus there's the funny hats, desperate fat chicks, and not one plastic gun to be found.
Pretty exciting.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top