BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only thing I hunt with that thing is steel and paper.
View Quote
It's a beautiful rifle, and I'm guessing it shoots well, too.

How much POI shift do you get with the suppressor attached?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does wonders for recoil reduction when my whole rifle weighs 14.5lbs

https://image.ibb.co/jWbmSp/0817182114a_2.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's only because the Saker weighs as much as the rifle does...
Does wonders for recoil reduction when my whole rifle weighs 14.5lbs

https://image.ibb.co/jWbmSp/0817182114a_2.jpg
Mines about the same weight with the saker.

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have never shot it without a suppressor.  I broke it in with my girlfriends Hybrid on it using very light loads, and when I finally got my Saker a couple of weeks ago I shot those same loads through it and the POI was within an inch of where it was with the Hybrid.   I have never had a group over 1" with my light 140gr RDF 37.0gr H4350 handloads or the Hornady Precision Hunter 143gr ELD-X.   I was waiting for my Saker before I did a full load development with the RDF and H4350.

My Magpul bipod and Atlas picatinny adapter should be here Friday.  I hope the Magpul bipod is up to the task.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: finally getting my stuff exchanged!    Contacting a SiCo employee via his personal FB account (something I was loathe to do) was the only way to get in contact with them.  Now, I'm finally getting the help I need from SiCo on my Trifecta MAAD mounts and my Warlock II baffle strike.  They will only exchange my Trifecta stuff for ASR equivalents despite me requesting direct thread modules, so I'll be selling that stuff on the EE when I get it.  I also have to ship my Warlock II with the endcap strike (no baffle strike) to them in order to get a new endcap, they say that's ATF rules; but I note that Rugged was able to send me a new endcap for my Obsidian .45 next day sans me sending it in after I got an endcap strike....

Oh well, I am glad that I finally got in touch with someone at SiCo.  They said that they never got my email and did not mention whether or not they listened to my voicemails.  I am grateful that one employee is helping me out and wish that I hadn't had to contact him via his personal FB.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Pistol cans whose front caps are shared with muzzle brakes aren't silencer parts because they have other uses. Centerfire rifle cans with changeable front caps are approved designs, thus the accessories aren't silencer parts. It's best not to complain or question this arrangement as we've seen with braces and soon to be with bump stocks, this can change on a whim.

For your Warlock, not only is the front cap considered a suppressor part, there's a liability issue that someone might try to shoot it with the front cap missing (don't ask, I've seen some dumb shit at wildcat desert shooting spots). Plus, with strikes, it's always a good idea to send the entire can in for inspection.

Glad you are finally getting some help.  Silencerco still fills some important niches in the market, but their CS record is no longer untarnished and there is a lot of good alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Update: finally getting my stuff exchanged!    Contacting a SiCo employee via his personal FB account (something I was loathe to do) was the only way to get in contact with them.  Now, I'm finally getting the help I need from SiCo on my Trifecta MAAD mounts and my Warlock II baffle strike.  They will only exchange my Trifecta stuff for ASR equivalents despite me requesting direct thread modules, so I'll be selling that stuff on the EE when I get it.  I also have to ship my Warlock II with the endcap strike (no baffle strike) to them in order to get a new endcap, they say that's ATF rules; but I note that Rugged was able to send me a new endcap for my Obsidian .45 next day sans me sending it in after I got an endcap strike....

Oh well, I am glad that I finally got in touch with someone at SiCo.  They said that they never got my email and did not mention whether or not they listened to my voicemails.  I am grateful that one employee is helping me out and wish that I hadn't had to contact him via his personal FB.
View Quote
I just got my rma from them as well.

Full asr swap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to see Sico might finally be catching up.  I've only had to deal with them once for RMA work and they were excellent.  This was earlier in the year, pre BOGO.  I'm hoping they stay around as I have a LOT of Sico cans.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unreal. Didn’t get the emails? Post office lost them?

5 weeks and counting.

Email, Facebook, phone. Nothing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unreal. Didn’t get the emails? Post office lost them?

5 weeks and counting.

Email, Facebook, phone. Nothing.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273731/IMG_6213-658262.JPG
View Quote
Sending you an IM, hopefully it helps.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Messaging a SiCo employee on FB was the only way I got a response and RMA #. They never responded to my email nor voicemails. They’ve had my stuff a week, no word yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I finally shot it with and without the suppressor; I had a verticle 2" elevation increase without the can and windage was unchanged.  Both groups were nearly identical at about 3/4"
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I finally shot it with and without the suppressor; I had a verticle 2" elevation increase without the can and windage was unchanged.  Both groups were nearly identical at about 3/4"
View Quote
That's noticeable, but not too bad. I need to confirm this for all of my rifles, and maybe slap a label on the stock so I don't forget...
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Messaging a SiCo employee on FB was the only way I got a response and RMA #. They never responded to my email nor voicemails. They’ve had my stuff a week, no word yet.
View Quote
I’ve been dragging my feet sending my stuff in to see how yours goes.

I mean, a stuck can is better than no can
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#14]
***Resolved***

SiCo replaced the endcap and baffles on my Warlock II that I sent in because of a baffle strike.  They also exchanged all of my Trifecta stuff for ASR hardware (which I'll be selling as I upgraded to Dead Air KeyMo).  I did not get any answers to my email or voicemails, I didn't get a response until I received a tip to FB message a SiCo employee on his personal FB account.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#15]
What was the turn time?

I started stripping mounts off rifles yesterday, need to do a few more today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What was the turn time?

I started stripping mounts off rifles yesterday, need to do a few more today.
View Quote
One month from contacting the guy via FB.  Never from trying voicemails and emails to official SiCo email and phone.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Shit on me. I wish I had seen this thread before I bought a MAAD set up from SiCo. I like the ability to grab the end of the can and take it off as I have lasers and a white light to work around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shit on me. I wish I had seen this thread before I bought a MAAD set up from SiCo. I like the ability to grab the end of the can and take it off as I have lasers and a white light to work around.
View Quote
ASR?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Trifecta.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Trifecta.
View Quote
Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Mounted up my asr replacements.

Looking forward to no more seized suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
So grab some LOK-CEASE and clean the mount every once in awhile and you'll be okay.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
You might consider the Dead Air Key-Mo system. It is very easy to install or remove with one hand.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You might consider the Dead Air Key-Mo system. It is very easy to install or remove with one hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that is what I'm going to do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a very solid mounting system, and I also really like the design of their muzzle brakes and flash hiders.

My only recommendation is to remove the locking collar when you first get it, and clean and lube everything before installation. They're a bit stiff until they're broken in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So grab some LOK-CEASE and clean the mount every once in awhile and you'll be okay.
View Quote
Lube and fouling aren’t the problems. Ever had one of these seize up on you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in the beginning when I wasnt using anti-seize.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Trifecta.
View Quote
Was this used or new old stock? I'd contact SiCo and replace any mounts it came with. Sell those and get something like the keymo or q mounting system.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a mechanical/design issue, not a lube issue.  I was like you and thought that with proper lubrication, I wouldn’t have this problem.  I was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It’s a mechanical/design issue, not a lube issue.  I was like you and thought that with proper lubrication, I wouldn’t have this problem.  I was wrong.
View Quote
Agreed.

I fought my trifecta’s too long thinking I was doing something wrong.

It wasn’t me.

The asr mounts seem idiot proof, we’ll soon find out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Agreed.

It wasn’t me.

View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Had-a-baffle-strike-today-complete-with-the-launching-of-the-suppressor-/5-2159679/

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

It wasn’t me.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Had-a-baffle-strike-today-complete-with-the-launching-of-the-suppressor-/5-2159679/

Read that the other day.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess I'll wait until it goes tits up and move on to something else. What is keeping it locked if it isn't carbon? What is the design flaw?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well I guess I'll wait until it goes tits up and move on to something else. What is keeping it locked if it isn't carbon? What is the design flaw?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not sure, the podcast with Kevin and Pappas (Dead Air) spoke briefly about the design flaw and I think @mageever tried to fight said poor design when he was at SiCo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Every system has had a launcher suppressor.

Switch out for Y-mount and it’ll be as close to stupid proof as possible.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top