User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thanks man, I'm on my phone and the toilet-

Does your phones spell checker not work while on the shitter?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
would tjis fall under AAC warrenty? would the rework the insides if tne baffelswas super erodef?

Yes it is under warranty by AAC.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not worry as much then,  I think they cover it up to a 9"barrel.

Edt, aac response:
Thanks for the email and support. Please see that attached outlining our warranty. The individual baffles cannot be repaired, but if your silencer is determined to be no longer functional from heavy usage, you are entitled to a half off MSRP upgrade.

Sincerely, Cade Patterson | Customer Service Representative

Soooo we just get 50% off? Kinda wish I world have bought a YHM now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump!
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Edt, aac response:
Thanks for the email and support. Please see that attached outlining our warranty. The individual baffles cannot be repaired, but if your silencer is determined to be no longer functional from heavy usage, you are entitled to a half off MSRP upgrade.

What did you expect?  Free replacement on a wear item?  That's like expecting free replacement tires when your old ones hit the wear indicators.  If you can wear out a centerfire rifle suppressor to the point the performance is significantly degraded (no baffle strikes or catastrophic failure) then you spent a lot of money on ammo...50k+ rnds? That's +/- $15,000 in ammo and probably two barrels, 5-7 bolts, etc...  Use your suppressor and stop worrying about it.

CMS
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edt, aac response:

What did you expect?  Free replacement on a wear item?  That's like expecting free replacement tires when your old ones hit the wear indicators.  If you can wear out a centerfire rifle suppressor to the point the performance is significantly degraded (no baffle strikes or catastrophic failure) then you spent a lot of money on ammo...50k+ rnds? That's +/- $15,000 in ammo and probably two barrels, 5-7 bolts, etc...  Use your suppressor and stop worrying about it.

CMS

Or buy YHM and have it repaired for free.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
No thanks.  By the time I wear out my SDN6 there will more than likely be something much more innovative on the market.  At the rate I'm going it's going to take me 15 years......
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No thanks.  By the time I wear out my SDN6 there will more than likely be something much more innovative on the market.  At the rate I'm going it's going to take me 15 years......

I honestly dont think its very realistically possible to wear out a can. Ive shot 5k through mine since I got it in March and it has very negligable wear. My set up is a 12.5 SBR with a brake and m4-2000 can, The brake shows wear but my blast baffle is very very minimally worn.

Aside from just straight abuse or a baffle strike I think it would easily last a lifetime
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bingo! I'll gladly take the 50% off towards a new can.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump

MOAR please!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top