Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
QuietShootr.......show us more of that sexy FAL you got there....I gotta see more pics of that thing
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that the fight is over....can someone talk to me about shortening the other end of the rifle? Anyone got any good hookups for para back ends?
I don't shorten barrels....I want everything long. It makes good shots easier.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
good question....is there a way to shorten the para foldin stocks?? DSA shows that the length of pull on the para and regular stock is like 14.25 inches.... Ild love to shorten that by and inch or 2  if anyone has any suggestions please speak up :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You could try to install an ACE stock in a different size.  The ACE stock is a clone of the FN stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
IF you can drive out the pin the holds the tubes to the block, you can remove the tubes. Then trim the tubes down to desired LOP, and cut down the plastic on the tubes. Then re-drill a hole for the pin, re-assemble. The pin is a PITA to remove.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IF you can drive out the pin the holds the tubes to the block, you can remove the tubes. Then trim the tubes down to desired LOP, and cut down the plastic on the tubes. Then re-drill a hole for the pin, re-assemble. The pin is a PITA to remove.

Really?  Have you tried it before?  Got pics?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Not yet. I'd prefer an adjustable stock.

"Gunplumber" Mark Graham @ ARS advised me on how to do it.

I did make an 11.75" LOP "Sully" type stock out of a humpback stock and a Para recoil system. I liked how it felt, but it sucked in the prone position. The rear sight would also hit me in the glasses. When I get a minute I'm making a lower (using a para recoil system) that uses a collapsing AR-15 stock. I'd also recommend using a C1 rear sight which is low profile and folds. GG&G stated they are re-introducing a MAD BUIS FAL sight that would also be suitable.

I'd keep the LOP around 13" if you are just chopping the para stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I just spoke with ACE ltd. This summer they are introducing an adapter that will allow you to use an M4 collapsing stock or any of their stock options for about $150. They also stated their current 5/8" tube stocks will not fit the FAL folding block. The FAL uses a meteric sized tube.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]
its not for me but you guys may be interested in this product
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've been thinking of SBRing my FAL, using a really short barrel like yours withthe shorty handguards and gas system but using a PARA stock on it and then re-DuraCoating the tiger stripe all of this will probably cost me as much as I paid for this DSA but it would be bad ass!    I'd hate to get rid of this barrel though, this Badger is accurate as hell.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  Have you tried it before?  Got pics?  

I have something rattling around inside the stock tube on my ACE, so I tried to drive out the roll pins....unsuccesflully.  They musta JB welded 'em in or something.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.templarfirearms.com/albums/userpics/10001/6IMG_1315.01.JPG

I've been thinking of SBRing my FAL, using a really short barrel like yours withthe shorty handguards and gas system but using a PARA stock on it and then re-DuraCoating the tiger stripe all of this will probably cost me as much as I paid for this DSA but it would be bad ass!    I'd hate to get rid of this barrel though, this Badger is accurate as hell.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/fal2.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/fal.jpg

The short ones are a ton-o-fun.

I am using DSA’s 11-inch front end and as I understand it, it’s also a Badger barrel.

I thought of going with the para folder, but really hate those stocks; I’ve never found them comfortable to shoot. I have shot a folder with those little strap-on pads, but that jst seems silly, so I just stuck with the standard stock.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top