Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the MK series of guns?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first MG was an M11/9, my second an S&W 76. I don't have time to read the whole thread, but if you haven't shot one you really should, it handles completely different from a stock or Lage'd M11/9

https://i.imgur.com/SE1IJHTh.jpg
What about the MK series of guns?
What about them?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What about them?
View Quote
Do you feel like they are on par with the S&W guns?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a MK760 and absolutely love it....the key is good fitting mags and a spare extractors......super controllable and if you are on a budget like me a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you feel like they are on par with the S&W guns?
View Quote
The MK series guns seem to in general have more problems that the S&W guns based off all the posts and conversations I have had over the years.   Conversely, I don't really recall anybody reporting significant issues or having bad things to say about the actual Smith made guns from a reliability perspective.

That said many of the MK series guns have been fixed over the years, now run very well, and do represent a decent savings over the Smith guns.

For me when I bought my Smith 76 the monetary premium was worth it to get a gun that had a better reliability/quality reputation.   For other folks they may have a better place to spend that $3 to $5K difference between a Smith and a MK.

My only advice if buying a MK series is to make sure that it runs well and also runs with multiple different magazines.   If you get one that is a problem child MK you may eat up a bunch of your initial purchase saving sending it off to be fixed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I would agree with the MKs, you need to be careful especially with the versions serial number that do not start with S(submachiengun) the ones like C (carbine) or P (pistol) on the serial number from what I read and heard they are last minute 86 MG ban conversions and some were not done really well.....I am not a gunsmith or expert but if the gun runs well you should have no issues, it is not a complicated weapon.....just replace the springs and extractors......
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never fired nor handled an MK760, but from what I understand their reliability is hit or miss albeit better than the Stemples. Meanwhile my S&W 76 has malfunctioned exactly once (and it was with ammo I least expected to malfunctions - 124gr RN NATO.) A high priced MK760 and good deal S&W 76 are within about a thousand dollars of each other...I've seen MK760's listed as high as $8.5k and S&W 76's as low as $10k. It's up to you whether the difference is meaningful and justified. Had a come across a local MK760 for a few thousand less I'd have probably bought that instead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top