User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I said F it and put my large Sebenza Insingo on the Edge Pro. Got scratches on the blade and everything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Pretty excited about it. Gonna be nervous about really using it though since it'll be my most expensive knife.
I said F it and put my large Sebenza Insingo on the Edge Pro. Got scratches on the blade and everything.
On everything but my WE 620, I just let them get boogered up on my EP. The blade is just too beautiful on the 620 to let it get scratched, but I don't treat it any easier than anything else I own.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent my large Sebenza in after Trump got elected. Swapped the blue accents out for gold, and got MAGA engraved on the side.

It's getting some nice character wear showing on it since it's been my daily carry since it got back.

Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're the type of person who can appreciate the quality of a good pair of stitch down soled boots. A pre 64 model 70 Winchester or items that relate along those lines then a Sebenza is for you.
    If your looking for the latest wiz bang flipper fad or to impress your friends with a flashy design or think Craftsman tools are just as good as Snap On then no.
     I look at it this way .  If you use the knife as a cutting tool it will last a lifetime and hold value.  $410 for a LG Sebenza isn't expensive vs a $550 Glock and the Sebenza has way tighter tolerances and will get used way more often.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Shipping notice! It'll be here tomorrow waiting for me to get off work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]

How stiff was everyone else's Sebenza when it was new? Mine is smooth, but pretty damn stiff. There's no flicking it open. Just need to break it in?

Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How stiff was everyone else's Sebenza when it was new? Mine is smooth, but pretty damn stiff. There's no flicking it open. Just need to break it in?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4463/38076731541_d773492dc9_b.jpg
View Quote
My large was stupid stiff. The action was so bad I considered sending it in. Then I decided to go balls deep in the design philosophy of working on it myself. Took it apart, cleaned it up, and used OIL on it, not grease. Flicks open easy-peasy now, like real nice. My small would flick open from the get-go, but is even better after I did the same and took it apart and oiled it instead of grease.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My large was stupid stiff. The action was so bad I considered sending it in. Then I decided to go balls deep in the design philosophy of working on it myself. Took it apart, cleaned it up, and used OIL on it, not grease. Flicks open easy-peasy now, like real nice. My small would flick open from the get-go, but is even better after I did the same and took it apart and oiled it instead of grease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just might try that. I've seen so many videos of guys flipping them like nothing. Mine can only go about 1/2-3/4 out. Maybe I should get my gf to do it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Sebenza's are made to be flicked open. It's a manual open design from start to finish.

You can find videos and tutorials of how to modify it to make it more of a flick open knife, but that's not the way it was designed, and intended to be opened.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Sebenza's are made to be flicked open. It's a manual open design from start to finish.

You can find videos and tutorials of how to modify it to make it more of a flick open knife, but that's not the way it was designed, and intended to be opened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they're not designed that way, but I've seen several videos where guys can somewhat easily flick them open. Mine won't even go halfway open with a good hard flick.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
For anyone looking for nearly new Large Insingo at a good price, here you go. I did notice engraved lightly on the scales a "32-50". Some prototype maybe?
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For anyone looking for nearly new Large Insingo at a good price, here you go. I did notice engraved lightly on the scales a "32-50". Some prototype maybe?
View Quote
Holy shit that’s tempting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I hadn't just bought one, I would be all over it. Still wonder what the engraving means.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I hadn't just bought one, I would be all over it. Still wonder what the engraving means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold.
One of my friends bought it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
So the guy that bought it (fellow Arfcommer) contacted the shop about the engraving. It is number 32 of the first 50 Insingo Sebenzas.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn.

The Insingo is a great blade shape. Cuts like a knife that's bigger than the one in your hand
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn.

The Insingo is a great blade shape. Cuts like a knife that's bigger than the one in your hand
View Quote
I don't know why, but wharncliff/sheepsfoot style blades have always been my favorite shape.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]
@Soconmtneer time to post it up
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn.

View Quote
You're gonna make me buy one to compliment my small regular seb.

You've posted about it several times in seb threads so I feel compelled to go look at them. Now I need an Insingo. Must have one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@Soconmtneer time to post it up
View Quote
Worth it?  Yes, it’s an awesome knife. Thanks to Squirell for finding this for me.

Attachment Attached File

I’m really loving the Insigni shaped blade.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Worth it?  Yes, it’s an awesome knife. Thanks to Squirell for finding this for me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236849/BD1E89D6-9F63-4380-ABE2-5C050F1CE1AF-359335.JPG

I really loving the Insigni shaped blade.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're gonna make me buy one to compliment my small regular seb.

You've posted about it several times in seb threads so I feel compelled to go look at them. Now I need an Insingo. Must have one.
View Quote
It really is a great design. Very useful I need to get a small Insingo too
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold.
If you hadn't snagged it, I'm 99% sure I would've and flipped my new one to recoup the cost.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236849/BD1E89D6-9F63-4380-ABE2-5C050F1CE1AF-359335.JPG

I really loving the Insigni shaped blade.
View Quote
That's a good looking knife. Congrats
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I’m really loving the Insigni shaped blade.
View Quote
Nice!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top