Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 11:46:06 AM EDT
Looks like I waited a couple weeks too long to pick one up. Anyone know of a gun store possibly local to them that has one in stock and would transfer? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Buds.  Had a couple a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Setup email alerts at all the big online retailers.  I've seen them popping up over the last few months on various sites.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Came here to say DSGARMS let's you backorder. But I just checked the status of my own order and  it looks like they no longer allow that option.  

All that I've seen on gunbroker are over 4g.

Eta - see you're in Indiana. Point Blank in Merrillville had two on the shelves last week for $3500.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Came here to say DSGARMS let's you backorder. But I just checked the status of my own order and  it looks like they no longer allow that option.  

Eta - see you're in Indiana. Point Blank in Merrillville had two on the shelves last week for $3500.
View Quote

Just called, no longer have Thanks for the heads up tho!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just called, no longer have Thanks for the heads up tho!
View Quote

Keep checking point blank if it's the same as the one in Ohio they sell and replace stock almost daily. In fact you can probably go and order it and get one on the next FN shipment.

Off topic but they were highly priced before the pandemic and have not really increased their prices so they actually are on the reasonable side and get stock consistently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, Ive set up some notifications for a few websites. Also found a two point blanks that have black 17s but really looking for FDE plus they told me they wouldn't transfer them anyway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent you a pm. my local dealer has one on the shelf
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow at those magazine prices. I could offload my spares and buy another AR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know! People were complaining about $39. They then went to $49, Midway just had some fdes in stock for 58.99 that lasted about 18 hours in stock. Wonder if this is the new normal price for the mags. Theres still some black ones in stock for that price.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Midwest Gun Works has FN SCAR 17 mags for $49.00 in stock.  They are the black ones, not FDE, so it could affect accuracy.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Midwest Gun Works has FN SCAR 17 mags for $49.00 in stock.  They are the black ones, not FDE, so it could affect accuracy.  
View Quote

Black is more accurate and precise.... To bad my SCAR is dark navy blue and black.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Black is more accurate and precise.... To bad my SCAR is dark navy blue and black.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127189/C45BF3A5-CB44-42A7-A0DD-62FF899AEF35_jpe-1805828.JPG
View Quote

I have never seen a black SCAR that wasn’t! Cool!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always thought I'd get the sr25 conversion when I get a scar and every time I research what one is the best all i see is how stupid it is to not use oem mags.

25 rounders and drums are definitely a plus but just being readily available and not having to spend $300 to have 4 or 5 mags shipped to you when you do find them is worth having another lower on hand.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I always thought I'd get the sr25 conversion when I get a scar and every time I research what one is the best all i see is how stupid it is to not use oem mags.

25 rounders and drums are definitely a plus but just being readily available and not having to spend $300 to have 4 or 5 mags shipped to you when you do find them is worth having another lower on hand.

View Quote

Hey hey hey.  This is ARF.com.  Get both!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hey hey hey.  This is ARF.com.  Get both!
View Quote

Probably will
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I managed to get two HANDL defense trigger modules that work perfectly.  One came with a SCAR 17 I bought off the EE here, and the other was sold to me in the EE for a reasonable price.  A lot of people don't like that company and it is out of business now, but I had good luck with both lowers and run them on a couple of SCARs just for fun.  I am set on 17 mags both from FN and various SR25 pattern mags when it comes to how many I have.  

The one thing I recommend keeping in mind with SR25 pattern magazines is the max case overall length permitted in each magazine.  Magpul makes their 25 rounders in two flavors, "standard" and the M118LR version that is made with a little more room for the longer cartridge.  Magpul's 20 rounders are only available in the standard size which means M118LR doesn't fit.  D&H has a few different SR25 pattern magazines, and the one that kinda looks like a waffle pattern magazine fits M118LR.  I can't remember if their other mag that looks like a KAC SR25 magazine fits the round or not.

Standard SCAR mags fit this cartridge with no worries.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Just for a heads up to anyone else. I backordered from dsg January 11th. Messaged them last week, just to see if they had any timeframe estimates. Was told I'm number 4 in line, but they are never told when or how many FN will be shipping to them. Wait wait wait lol.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:02:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Local gun store in SLC had em in. Just bought one. $2,960.00 before tax. Got it with some ammo, and 5 new in wrapper mags out the door for a hair over $3,500.00

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Local gun store in SLC had em in. Just bought one. $2,960.00 before tax. Got it with some ammo, and 5 new in wrapper mags out the door for a hair over $3,500.00

View Quote

Great price I paid 3500 for mine but saving a few hundred dollars wasn't worth not walking out with it. They are definitely flying off shelves well everything is I guess so I fo'd. Finding ammo and mags wasn't that convenient for me either but I'm not complaining.

I really missed the 762 and piston guns and love mine.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got mine from DSG on backorder about two months ago. Sucks they're not allowing backorders anymore.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know! People were complaining about $39. They then went to $49, Midway just had some fdes in stock for 58.99 that lasted about 18 hours in stock. Wonder if this is the new normal price for the mags. Theres still some black ones in stock for that price.
View Quote
I backordered FDE scar mags from proven outfitters. Took about a month to arrive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just for a heads up to anyone else. I backordered from dsg January 11th. Messaged them last week, just to see if they had any timeframe estimates. Was told I'm number 4 in line, but they are never told when or how many FN will be shipping to them. Wait wait wait lol.
View Quote
I backordered from DSG the day after the election. It arrived Mid December.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Gander outdoors let's you backorder mags. If you put them in your cart and wait they will send a 10% off code. Cheapest I've found, even normal price is pretty good. Think I have 7 on backorder in 3 different orders. Hopefully I'll get them. Ymmv

Eta - $41.79 normal price for 20rnd FDEs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Gander outdoors let's you backorder mags. If you put them in your cart and wait they will send a 10% off code. Cheapest I've found, even normal price is pretty good. Think I have 7 on backorder in 3 different orders. Hopefully I'll get them. Ymmv

View Quote
Thanks.  I may order a few more.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Rural king had some advertised this week.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#29]
these new prices SUCK!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
these new prices SUCK!
View Quote

Yeah I've noticed a lot more new scar owners lately and even though a few hundred on the guns (any gun really) doesn't hurt it's the accessories and ammo for everything flying off shelves driving up prices. FDE mags are the hottest ticket all of the sudden.

I guess 308 isn't really too bad considering 556 is around the same price as far as bulk but I'm only really sitting decent on 556.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Im looking for a black Belgium 17 that has a low round count or new and with the box and everything, but I can't seem to find any besides over on GB.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I know of a shop that has an FDE in Stock at $3499. PM if interested.

Finestkind
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]
If only it was in Black.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I know shop that has black and fde scar17 for 3199.. dm me..
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Any one know how FN builds and ships their guns/parts? Have talked with several big online dealers and they are all telling me they've seen nothing come in. No parts, no mags, no rifles.

Talked to DSG Thursday about my rifle order and was told nothing FN has come in for 2 months.

Does FN do batches through out the year? Every 6 months? LoL
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:42:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any one know how FN builds and ships their guns/parts? Have talked with several big online dealers and they are all telling me they've seen nothing come in. No parts, no mags, no rifles.

Talked to DSG Thursday about my rifle order and was told nothing FN has come in for 2 months.

Does FN do batches through out the year? Every 6 months? LoL
View Quote

From what I understand FN does batches, and most recently they've been doing batches of SCAR-20s, for whatever reason, and that's why all you see right now is SCAR-20s.

People are predicting that the next batch will be SCAR-17s, but who knows. I've seen some SCAR-16s pop up so maybe the next batch was 16s?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks like I waited a couple weeks too long to pick one up. Anyone know of a gun store possibly local to them that has one in stock and would transfer? Thanks!
View Quote

Sheels in Omaha, NE had a FDE and a black 17 in stock as of 1pm if you are still looking.  Also had two 20’s

Sadly no SP5s
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Last I heard from DSG (few weeks ago) they still hadn't received anything scar related. I emailed FNUSA asking about the next production schedule and got a canned response saying they were busy in these current times and to contact your dealer.

I did get a few fde mags from Shoot Point Blank for around $41 each but I think they went out of stock again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Sportsman's Warehouse has some SCAR 17s available as of this post.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/modern-sporting-rifles/fn-scar-17s-308-winchester-162in-blackfde-semi-automatic-modern-sporting-rifle-201-rounds/p/1571047
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm looking for one, too.  Just sold my FAL and am selling my AUG as well to get one.  Thinking either the SCAR 17 or Galil ACE .308, I'd rather have the SCAR, though.  Was going to get one about two years ago and my AC conveniently died so the fun fund I was saving for the SCAR went to getting a new AC.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

@my69camaro1

Ever get your mags from Gander?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Sent you a message OP
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm looking for one, too.  Just sold my FAL and am selling my AUG as well to get one.  Thinking either the SCAR 17 or Galil ACE .308, I'd rather have the SCAR, though.  Was going to get one about two years ago and my AC conveniently died so the fun fund I was saving for the SCAR went to getting a new AC.
View Quote
I'd get the 17 every time over the ACE. I've never been in love with the Galil.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@my69camaro1

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@my69camaro1

Not a single one out of the like 15 I have on order now lol. But every few weeks I get emails saying the orders are still good, just on backorder and will ship when they get them in. Wait wait wait wait basically. Still no rifle so I guess it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not a single one out of the like 15 I have on order now lol. But every few weeks I get emails saying the orders are still good, just on backorder and will ship when they get them in. Wait wait wait wait basically. Still no rifle so I guess it doesn't matter.
View Quote

Damn they suck! I have quite a few on back order myself. I called a few days ago. “Uhh should be like 3 weeks I think” I’m gonna find some at a decent price and cancel most likely.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd get the 17 every time over the ACE. I've never been in love with the Galil.
View Quote

I had the x39 variant and didn't care for it.  I went right back to my Arsenal SAM7.

I've just heard people compare the ACE to the SCAR in that the .308 variant is almost an entirely different beast than the x39 and 5.56 versions (similar to the 16 vs. the 17).

Still, I'm pretty much all in on the SCAR at this point
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Damn they suck! I have quite a few on back order myself. I called a few days ago. “Uhh should be like 3 weeks I think” I’m gonna find some at a decent price and cancel most likely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I've thought about canceling a few times, but the price is seemingly so good right now I talk myself into just holding out for them. So many places wanting $59.99 and whatnot for them. That's a big no thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Order some mags here FDE mags $43 no tax for me and $20 shipping. I called and cancelled my gander order today.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Sitting at 5 months backorder from DSG now. Regularly watching them sell new on gunbroker from $3200 to $3900. All depending on the day of the week and time of the day seemingly.

Seems some dealers are apparently getting them in.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sitting at 5 months backorder from DSG now. Regularly watching them sell new on gunbroker from $3200 to $3900. All depending on the day of the week and time of the day seemingly.

Seems some dealers are apparently getting them in.
View Quote

Just check gun.deals.com....there are a lot of stores selling them online now.  There are two PSA within 30 mins from my house, all two of them have multiple SCAR 17s in black, DFE, and the ugly camo ones...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top