User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got one.
May not be the deal of the century. But could be the deal of the year!

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4478602

I'm renominating it from "Deal of the Year" to "Felony of the Year".

I'd contact both Gunbroker and the seller and let them know that this was advertised fraudulently although the seller may or may not be aware of the fact that this is a post ban gun just as you weren't.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
" Of COURSE I know the difference between mr. radar and mr coffee!.."..........
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Treefrog88, this is why I try to get the entire serial number or at least the serial number minus the last two digits from the seller.  If the seller is not willing to provide this info, I walk away.  Most sellers have the sense to take a good picture blocking ou the last two digits or at least volunteer this info in their description.  This way there is not doubt.  Do as DarkHelmet suggested and see where that gets you.  I hope this turns out alright for you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a true preban 6721 up for auction.  Not much time left!

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4632171#BID
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
easy there skich....!

i am negotiating for that A3........!!!!!!!

i might go for the trade, but cash is quicker !!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
CactusJack,
If that one falls through for you then here's another one.
www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976215869.htm
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
FRO,

WHAT...!! 9 G's & no pic........

thats the one i saw several weeks ago & lost the URL to, good thyng too.......

Skich,

i saw you were the only bidder, did you get it ?

DRFColt,

you have a very good point there, i wonder if the owner knows that ?

i'd bet some lurker sees that & pops for 9G & thynks he got a deal.....

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
WHITE BOX INFO FROM BIGGERHAMMER.COM

The "White" label is a rare model. When Colt was having deep financial problems in the late 80’s, they had lost the M16A2 contract to FN, they had a lot of parts left over from their DOD contract’s. They started producing a limited run of "combo" labels, if that is an appropriate term, that had Blue label AND Green label features. These are what are known as "White" label guns. They supposedly shipped with a white tag/ id label that separated them from their earlier green label cousins. I remember reading an American Rifleman magazine, from 1990/91?, that had an article about one. The story writer/editor wanted to have a bayonet lug put on his AR15. It had a "semi" M16 production line lower, small front take down screw/pin, standard diameter fire control pins but lacked the bayolug. The white labels are pre blue label but post green label. They start in 1989 and seem to be made for less than a year. Colt has stuck with the Blue label now for 10 years."
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
All taken care of.
Seller agreed to accept it back and give a complete refund. FFL dealer agreed to credit me a transfer. So no problem. Now what to do with $1950.00, AMMO? Colt 1991A1? or a Remington 700 PSS? Maybe all three?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Treefrog88,

good news !!

i have come to the conclusion that there are sellers out there who have no clue as to what they are selling, i too had a small problem, but it was taken care of very quietly, & it cost me $350.., but cud have been far more costly.....

i also belive there are some unscruplous people out there who know what they are doing & hope the buyer is more stupid than they are......

you can ask a million questions about what you are buying, but if the seller is a liar you ain't got a chance...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top