Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Page number bump.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a Vang Comp +1 on mine and it sticks out about three quarters of an inch past the barrel. Just one hitch, it will not accept an extra 2 and 3/4 buck shot shell. It will take 1 extra birdshot or slug and even 1 extra 3" shell, but not a 2 and 3/4 buck. The buck shells seem to be a millimeter or so longer and that is just enough to keep it from getting that extra shell out.
View Quote
Try a different brand of buckshot as the OAL isn't the same.

CD
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote
Can anyone PM me idiot instructions for adding a video?  I lit a bonfire with my shockwave over the weekend that I think you'd all enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote
I probably have a half dozen different kinds that I have tried, I'm over it. Right now I'm bummed that after several months I've finally killed the battery. 
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that I have run all over town trying to find a new battery let me share this tidbit. The CR-1/3N battery that comes with the CMR-206 laser is a bitch! It is not stocked anywhere locally, maybe at a Radio Shack but ours closed down. So after some googling it turns out that two silver oxide 357's can he used instead. The 1/3 is an upraded design specifically to replace double stack 357's to give it more longevity. Definitely going to order some new 1/3's online for cheap but for now there is a quick fix.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now that I have run all over town trying to find a new battery let me share this tidbit. The CR-1/3N battery that comes with the CMR-206 laser is a bitch! It is not stocked anywhere locally, maybe at a Radio Shack but ours closed down. So after some googling it turns out that two silver oxide 357's can he used instead. The 1/3 is an upraded design specifically to replace double stack 357's to give it more longevity. Definitely going to order some new 1/3's online for cheap but for now there is a quick fix.
View Quote
Thanks, that's good to know. I just got my 206 today and had thought about snagging some spares when I ordered. But I didn't...
Making another order now. Hopefully won't be an addon item.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Caution: My battery died from playing with it too much!
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not playing with it! I'm, um, training!
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Well fuck. I went to swap them out and while they do fit that is all they are doing. No light is emitted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well fuck. I went to swap them out and while they do fit that is all they are doing. No light is emitted.
View Quote
Double-check the battery polarity facings.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a great thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Mossberg-Shockwave-accessories/5-2009337/?page=9
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Tried a bunch of things including that before I fessed up to posting before testing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Any added a brace to their Shockwave?  

I'm thinking about adding the Knoxx Breachers Grip, a MI extended buffer tube and a SIG SBXII brace.  That would keep me well over 26.5"
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a Shockwave today after comparing to the Remington Tac-14.  I was always a Remington guy but they can't help but fail these days.

The Mossberg had a better finish, smoother action, better forend, proper mag cap detent, a threaded magazine tube attachment method and no mag tube dimples.  If Mossberg made a version with the 590A1 trigger housing and safety button it would be awesome.  If they made one with a steel receiver there would be no reason for Remington to continue business.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess you can hunt too with these!!!

https://youtu.be/z7shQkL8FO4
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#17]
He killed three mule deer!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Check this out. Would you buy???

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com! https://www.gunbroker.com/item/733624588
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Would it be worthwhile to have the forcing cone on the 14" barrel lengthened?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Vang Comp says yes.....

But that's their business
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got a Shockwave today after comparing to the Remington Tac-14.  I was always a Remington guy but they can't help but fail these days.

The Mossberg had a better finish, smoother action, better forend, proper mag cap detent, a threaded magazine tube attachment method and no mag tube dimples.  If Mossberg made a version with the 590A1 trigger housing and safety button it would be awesome.  If they made one with a steel receiver there would be no reason for Remington to continue business.
View Quote
I own both the Mossberg and Remington offering. I like them both.

If I had to "choose one" it would be the Mossberg due to the 20% great shell capacity, position of the Safety button and the generally better reputation of current production guns.

However, the heavier steel receiver and slightly lighter front-end of the Remington (at the loss of mag tube capacity and I believe a thinner barrel) make the Tac-14 handle much better in my hands.

I also prefer the strap on the Mossberg over the Magpul forend on the Remington. That strap really gives me solid and confident control of the gun (important in rapid fire drills) Of course, I could always add a strap to the Remington.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not if you can find flight control 00.

figure how much you can buy for the cost of the FC cutting. BTW, you can rent the forcing cone cutters and do it yourself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Back boring would be better. I am not sure if this is still part of the Vang Comp conversion.  From what I recall when I had Vang Comp work on my barrel it included forcing cone work, back boring almost to the muzzle and a barrel polIsh. The back boring acted like a choke but was a pain to clean esp after usung slugs. On an 18.5 inch barrel buckshot would stay in a letter sized paper to 40 yds.

However are you really wanting to use the shockwave past 25yds? As stated earlier if you want a tight pattern  get Federal flite control 8 pellet 00 buck for the similar effects to 25 yds.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Mossberg shockwave vs the Remington Tac14....

If you could have just one- which would you choose?

Which one has a smoother action?Better receiver and parts? Better safety and trigger?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally broke down and ordered a new one. $359 shipped from Brownells.

Then a xs front sight and an oversized safety.

I'm really trying hard to not order a surefire forend
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Back boring would be better. I am not sure if this is still part of the Vang Comp conversion.  From what I recall when I had Vang Comp work on my barrel it included forcing cone work, back boring almost to the muzzle and a barrel polIsh. The back boring acted like a choke but was a pain to clean esp after usung slugs. On an 18.5 inch barrel buckshot would stay in a letter sized paper to 40 yds.

However are you really wanting to use the shockwave past 25yds? As stated earlier if you want a tight pattern  get Federal flite control 8 pellet 00 buck for the similar effects to 25 yds.
View Quote
IIRC slugs shouldn't be used in a backbored barrel anyway-I know the 835 barrel is marked not for use with slugs, and the manual mentions it's because of the backboring.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mossberg shockwave vs the Remington Tac14....

If you could have just one- which would you choose?

Which one has a smoother action?Better receiver and parts? Better safety and trigger?
View Quote
As a lefty, I'll take the mossy safety location everyday.  Aside from that, I haven't handled the Remmy to compare, but my shockwave is plenty good enough I don't need to go looking.

It's fun to embarrass my buddies when we shoot clays by out shooting them with it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmmm.....this might turn into a good exuse to buy some tooling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Has anybody got the FDE ceracoated version? I saw one locally. It's tempting, but I normally like black guns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone do a real wood stocked version?
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone do a real wood stocked version?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#36]
You get that stock off of eBay?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#37]
That is ebay wood.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That is ebay wood.
View Quote
That looks sooo nice. I just can't help think the grip looks slick. I think I would end up wrapping it with athletic tape or something.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Any scabbards that permit an RMR and cover the trigger guard? I want to shove the thing in a holster after shooting the rabbits, so it’s out of the way but not lying on this awful sand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Shockwave and SOE micro rig
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any scabbards that permit an RMR and cover the trigger guard? I want to shove the thing in a holster after shooting the rabbits, so it’s out of the way but not lying on this awful sand.
View Quote
The Fox Tactical scabbard should do the trick.
I can check later today if I go back to the grocery store, they have the scabbard and a few Shockwaves.

ETA:

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Fox Tactical scabbard should do the trick.
I can check later today if I go back to the grocery store, they have the scabbard and a few Shockwaves.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41K2h51OQ6L.jpg

ETA:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db-enzuVwAAZxbx.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db-ewfmUwAAAswd.jpg
View Quote
Thanks very much! That’s what I’m after. If it fits a big red dot like that the RMR will have plenty of room.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]
WIth a smaller RMR the firearm should easily fit farther down in the scabbard protecting the grip even more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Now in .410!!!!

Mossberg just released the shockwave in .410!
Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top