Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 191
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see some late October dates getting approved.

Come on 10/31s! I'm more excited for my first can than I was my first SBR.
View Quote

Yep. Still right around 90 days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  I am not going to believe the 4-6 month time frame the ATF is giving until I see it first hand.  It just sounds like a "CYA" tactic.

I'm less than a month out for mine.  C'mon November!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yup.  I am not going to believe the 4-6 month time frame the ATF is giving until I see it first hand.  It just sounds like a "CYA" tactic.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was up over 110 days before we hit the period where the shutdown had no forms being submitted for 2 weeks. Expect it to become 4-5 months by March.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I want the most was submitted 11/04.  I should get it within the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was up over 110 days before we hit the period where the shutdown had no forms being submitted for 2 weeks. Expect it to become 4-5 months by March.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The majority are still hitting almost directly on 90 days... And those are after the shutdown...

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The majority are still hitting almost directly on 90 days... And those are after the shutdown...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. Before they started approving post-shutdown forms we were over 90 days.

http://nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Look at the graph. You will see a steady increase on e-forms submitted from when e-forms started through the end of September/early October (when the E-Forms got shut down along with the government. After the shutdown you'll see when it resets back down to 90 days. For 2 weeks no one could submit e-forms, so that gave the examiners time to 'catch up' on the pre-shutdown forms - in essence it gave the illusion of faster processing times. Once they got to post-shutdown forms they had made up enough backlog to be at the 90 day mark again. We're already seeing the times increase a day or two at a time again.

Don't fool yourself, the times are going to go up, and they're going to go up even faster. Before the first approved E-Form came back in early November, no one realized that the forms were going to be that much faster. The thinking was that it might shave 1-2 months off since there was no need to process it prior to the "pending" stage. If you look back at some of the threads about e-forms you'll see people swearing that there would be no time saved at all. Once people realized that the forms were coming back in ~3 months, everyone jumped on the E-Form bandwagon.

I would expect late November/early December forms to be at no less than 4-5 months and current forms to be kissing that 6 month estimate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:For 2 weeks no one could submit e-forms, so that gave the examiners time to 'catch up' on the pre-shutdown forms - in essence it gave the illusion of faster processing times. Once they got to post-shutdown forms they had made up enough backlog to be at the 90 day mark again..
View Quote

I'm not so sure this is true. It's not like the examiners were "catching up" on forms during the shutdown, they were furloughed. From a web search it seems like not much of anything was approved during the shutdown. The approvals were over 100 days recently due to all of the holidays and there was also the bad weather. Everything seems to be on track lately.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure this is true. It's not like the examiners were "catching up" on forms during the shutdown, they were furloughed. From a web search it seems like not much of anything was approved during the shutdown. The approvals were over 100 days recently due to all of the holidays and there was also the bad weather. Everything seems to be on track lately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:For 2 weeks no one could submit e-forms, so that gave the examiners time to 'catch up' on the pre-shutdown forms - in essence it gave the illusion of faster processing times. Once they got to post-shutdown forms they had made up enough backlog to be at the 90 day mark again..

You're not getting the point. We're not talking about approvals during the shutdown because there were very few. We're talking about the 2 weeks of no submissions that occurred during the shutdown, which allowed them to jump straight from the 10/3 forms (which were at 100+ days) to the 10/19 forms (which were back around 90 days thanks to the two weeks of no submissions)

The bad weather was 1 or 2 days, and we saw that they were still approving those days meaning they were either teleworking or at the office. The holidays were just two days off and based on the approval dates not many examiners were taking extra time off.

Approvals over 100 days for forms from september until the shutdown.
2 weeks of shutdown = no e-forms submitted = effectively sets back the approval time by 2 weeks when jumping from the 10/3 submissions to the 10/19 submissions. That's what got it back down to 90. There have been a shit ton of e-form submissions since the first e-form came back approved in early November, and we're not quite at that point in the timeline yet. Plus, the short approval times has spurred a lot of people to submit extra lowers due to the convenience and short approval times, so e-Form 1s are being submitted at a higher rate than paper Form 1s would have been.  It WILL go back up and it is going to suck hard for those submitting now. I do not expect my early December e-form back until at least April.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The fact is that NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING.  We dont know how many have been submitted since the shutdown and we dont know how long they are going to take in the future (NFA tracker is not a valid source as we dont know the percentage of submitted forms being posted on it).  The fact that they were telling people that approval times were to be expected at 15 months for paper AND efile just shows that they had no idea of any real timeline and just came up with a magic number to cover their ass.  

You can predict or expect them to change however you want and I dont doubt that there will be an increase, but until I see a constant change in wait times with submissions, I am going to take their suggested wait times with a grain of salt
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
2 weeks of shutdown = no e-forms submitted = effectively sets back the approval time by 2 weeks when jumping from the 10/3 submissions to the 10/19 submissions. That's what got it back down to 90. There have been a shit ton of e-form submissions since the first e-form came back approved in early November, and we're not quite at that point in the timeline yet. Plus, the short approval times has spurred a lot of people to submit extra lowers due to the convenience and short approval times, so e-Form 1s are being submitted at a higher rate than paper Form 1s would have been.  It WILL go back up and it is going to suck hard for those submitting now. I do not expect my early December e-form back until at least April.  
View Quote

Quoted for truth. It was trending 110+ days, until we hit the period where there were no submissions. This allowed the examiners to jump from 10/3 to 10/19, effectively bring them back to 90 days.

Very simple if you've been paying attention at all. Times WILL go up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Getting trust squared away tomorrow and submitting e file ASAP if the site is up, I can't pass up the opportunity with a bit shorter wait than paper forms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Until the red circles meet the blue squares I'm efiling everything I can find and afford.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Until the red circles meet the blue squares I'm efiling everything I can find and afford.
View Quote

Smart man.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]
i submitted my first one on the 26th.... now the wait....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The fact is that NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING.  We dont know how many have been submitted since the shutdown and we dont know how long they are going to take in the future (NFA tracker is not a valid source as we dont know the percentage of submitted forms being posted on it).  The fact that they were telling people that approval times were to be expected at 15 months for paper AND efile just shows that they had no idea of any real timeline and just came up with a magic number to cover their ass.  

You can predict or expect them to change however you want and I dont doubt that there will be an increase, but until I see a constant change in wait times with submissions, I am going to take their suggested wait times with a grain of salt
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
My other 2 eform 4 machineguns came back today.  Submitted 10-22.  Approved 1-27.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You wouldn't be the only one damn near everything in the safe got SBR'd on paper, except for the glocks, 1911's and a 30-30.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Form 1
2014143XX

Submitted 10\27\13

Approved 1\28\14
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Control number: 2014123XX
e-filed form 4: 10/23/2013

Approved: 1/28/2014
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]
just stopping by.

I'll be back when December approvals start rolling.

12/10/13 submission for my YHM Phantom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]
SBR on a Form 1

Submitted 28 Jan 14

The wait begins.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
just stopping by.

View Quote

Who are you fooling?  You'll watch this thread everyday until yours comes in! Like me.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Apparently my three Form 4s from 10/23 came in today. Hope to pick them up in a week or so. Next up is an early December and then an early January.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
just stopping by.

View Quote

Right there with you on a Mini 4.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep im a late december form 1 can submission
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yep im a late december form 1 can submission
View Quote

I've got 3 pending form 1's from 1-12-14
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I had two clear last week, Saker and Tyrant 9, 90 days exactly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I had two clear last week, Saker and Tyrant 9, 90 days exactly.
View Quote
SHIT.....I am in TX also 91 days today. Had recievers engraved last night at Ident...... come on e mail.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Who are you fooling?  You'll watch this thread everyday until yours comes in! Like me.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just stopping by.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#31]
They spit out a lot on Monday and now it's barely a trickle.  Get to work NFA people!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They spit out a lot on Monday and now it's barely a trickle.  Get to work NFA people!
View Quote

That's what happened last week too. Wonder if they spend the first half of the week on Efiles and the end of the week on paper forms?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Why are they slowing down?  So close to getting my 11/4!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know they have been have a lot of computer problems so maybe they are working on paper forms till the problems are fixed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I know they have been have a lot of computer problems so maybe they are working on paper forms till the problems are fixed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This may be good, I have a June pending paper form also.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Form 4 eFiled 10/28/2013, approved 1/30/2014 control number 2014154XX

Cannot...stop...smiling...

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

About damn time.  Now open the floodgates NFA people!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Should you have a "Internal Control Number" right off the  bat?  I see people listing their control numbers but I don't have a control number listed, I do however have a "Permit Number" listed and it follows the same numbering format as what people are listing as their control number?  I submitted this the 22nd of Dec and haven't had any activity since submitting
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Im guessing this is a route only a trust can take right?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Im guessing this is a route only a trust can take right?
View Quote

Right.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have lots of other work including Form 2s, 3s, 5s, and 6s as well as paper forms and 5320.20s... They each probably have their own schedule on when they work each stack.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have a 10\28 form 4 in TX also........

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice.

Come on 10/31s!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Two 10/29's here.  Anxiously waiting....
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's roughly 54,100 between yours and my latest one
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Should you have a "Internal Control Number" right off the  bat?  I see people listing their control numbers but I don't have a control number listed, I do however have a "Permit Number" listed and it follows the same numbering format as what people are listing as their control number?  I submitted this the 22nd of Dec and haven't had any activity since submitting
View Quote

None of my 4 have them. I got an ID (leftmost column) plus a Created By and Created Date when I created mine. I got a Permit Number when it went into SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS (either immediately, or after it cleared PENDING RESEARCH status).

I do not have anything under Internal Control Number or Finalized Date for any of them...submitted between 12/24 & 1/28.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#47]
As someone who has had 1 efile approved already and two more pending, they really need to focus on the paper forms. There is still stuff from March outstanding and they are approving stuff sent in late October.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not all of those are Form 1's and 4's.  There are many other ATF forms being filed electronically now.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the info.... sorry quote didn't work on my tablet, that's in reference to the response by BigWaylon to my question.  Glad to see everything is still checking out
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The internal control number is a number that you create and enter when you are filling out the form. It would be an internal control number for the user with multiple submitted forms to easily identify what each submission is.

For Example my SBR form submission my internal control number reads: SBR.
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top