BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My point is a "match" round should be able to provide 1 moa as long as I do my part.  3 to 4 moa is a substantial difference.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I spoke with Charles earlier this week and he is replacing 4 rounds that were out of spec(about 1mm too long in the case).  I also was advised the the rounds are "match" in the sense that they will fit a match chamber.  My accuracy with the API is an average of about 4MOA or about 12" at 300yds.

What kind of 50cal are you shooting this out of and what is your setup, i.e., bipod, rest, etc?

I don't have a range report yet, sorry. Hope to have one maybe in the next 15 days!

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Any updates?  I'm not really dazzled with the ammo or the CS from Survivalops.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got my rifle sighted in with a new scope and ran out of time, so no report yet. Maybe I can make it out this coming week and get a decent report. :)
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Gossett68,
                What type of powder you use in the BMG rounds?  Is it corrosive?  SKULL
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Still would like to know what type of powder you use in the BMG rounds.  skull.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess it's a secret....I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently bought my first .50 from a board member here (State arms Rebel) and the same day had the chance to meet up with Charles of Survivalops face to face to purchase some ammo. First let me say Charles is a stand up guy:
-Charles extended deal of the month pricing to me even though the month was over as I had made initial contact prior.
-He made time in his schedule to meet up with me as I was passing thru town despite having a busy schedule and potential family crisis going on.
-I paid cash so there was no cc charge and no shipping
-Charles was great to meet, very informed on his product and answered all my questions, he made it clear that he stands behind his product.
-A few days latter Charles called me to follow up and check on the performance of the ammo and make sure I was satisfied.
I couldn't ask for a better customer service experience or a better bargain on .50 ammo
As for the ammo itself it was all clean mostly 2008-2009 LC Head stamp brass. I bought Ball, API and APIT. I fired approx 50 rounds of ball so far between 100yds for zero and at 950
yards for fun. This ammo is consistent 2moa in my rifle  thus far. So no it is not sub MOA match ammo. Its clean, well assembled ammo from milsurp pull down components. It is fun range ammo for getting on paper and blasting rocks, steel plates or engine blocks. This ammo seemed to leave a lot of powder fouling compared to .30  cal rifles but I understand this is typical of fifties in general; it cleaned up easily. I think this ammo is a great deal and will 100% buy more. If I could change anything I would love to see these same cartridges available assembled with some 750gr A-max bullets as I am sure the limiting factor in accuracy is the surplus projectiles.

Buy with confidence
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Just a quick lame review here.

Finally got the AR50 sighted in a few weeks back.

I was too shaky and tired that day to go for a good group. Plus I didn't have a bi-pod and mono-pod yet, and was using a cheap plastic POS that was wobbly.

But yesterday I went and fired about 10 more rounds (all I had time for).

The ammo is basically accurate. Where we put it at 200 yards, it hit. My wife aimed at one of our bullet holes in a steel I-Beam and it almost went in the same hole!

A crop of the steel i-beam:

The only problem I came across with the ammo is I had one round that would not chamber. It'll go in, but just shy of being able to close the bolt. Comparing length, the bullet is seated. I'm thinking the neck might not be sized down enough.

That is the only one so far out of about 50 rounds in a 150rd batch I ordered. So I'm still very pleased with the ammo at this point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered a 1000 rds of API from NATMIL.com and I can't wait to get it in.

It's 2012 loaded by lake city.
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just ordered a 1000 rds of API from NATMIL.com and I can't wait to get it in.

It's 2012 loaded by lake city.

So its not the reloaded stuff from pulled bullets? It's factory new from lake City?

Link Posted: 11/3/2012 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Never heard of them.Here's a link:  http://store.natmil.com/product-category/ammunition/

Looks like they are out of stock on quite a few of them.The description is pretty disappointing-I might call Monday and see what info they will give.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I cannot comment on the ammunition because Charles refuses to respond to the emails that I have sent him.  I ordered 5.56 at the first of December and no response or update on the status.  You may want to reconsider doing business with this fellow if this is how his support is.  I know things have been crazy, but this was ordered two weeks before the shooting.  I'm just happy I didn't pull the trigger on the .50 purchase I was planning.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Statement of intended use should cover you on actual possession on the ammo. Like I said, interstate commerce. I can help you with that for sure. California is tricky...But send fireworks in there all the time. All depends on intent.

Ammo is ammo...There is no special UN number for .22 rounds or .50 caliber rounds. No real storage laws on them either. So with the proper paperwork ( which is not hard at all ) I can get you some rounds. I don't have a problem shipping into California, and if they try to mess me with it I'll shove my lawyer so far up their ass there head will spin.

Don't think of it as breaking the rules, you'd just be jumping through the hoops to posses the ammo legally.

I could even do the same with energy rounds ( API, APIT etc ) just as long as your not using them in a criminal matter of course.

Thanks,
Charles Gossett
Survivalops.com

That's great that you are willing to ship it.  However I believe you greatly mis-interpret the law with regards to criminal intent.   The law regarding Tracer/Incendiary ammo is not one where intent must be determined.   It is simple possession and that is all.   To possess it is a crime, nothing to do with storing it and potentially worse to transport it.

This isn't about Federal hazmat transportation issues.   It's about the California Legislature purposely going after it.

I have personally met and spoke with agents who go out of state looking for Ca. residents buying things at out of state gun shows.   This is not FUDD, I work in Ca. LE and have been present when things like search warrants have been brought to judges for things the agents have witnessed taking place out of state.    Those of us in California, who've been around for the Ca.OLL debacle with Iggy Chin from the 2004-2006 time frame, can remember the types of tactics the Ca. DOJ used against the "little guy" firearms manufacturers in trying to threaten them to not sell any OLLs to California.

Keep your nose clean and sell what is truly legal.

However for anyone inside California thinking they can just sign something and make it okay.  Flat out does not exist for the simple possession crime laid out in the letter of the law.

Consider the following if you do,

For Tracer/Incendiary ammo, whatever the actual chambering, each round you are in possession of can potentially be charged as a felony.

California Penal Code Section 16460

(a) As used in Sections 16510, 16520, and 16780, and in
Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 18710) of Division 5 of Title 2,
"destructive device" includes any of the following weapons:
  (1) Any projectile containing any explosive or incendiary material
or any other chemical substance, including, but not limited to, that
which is commonly known as tracer or incendiary ammunition, except
tracer ammunition manufactured for use in shotguns.

Don't mess with it, as others who've been using 50s in California for near a decade or more have already stated, M33 mild steel core and M2 AP core along with commercial target bullets are fine.   Nothing "fun" is worth getting a possible felony for.

California Penal Code Section 18720

Every person who possesses any substance, material, or any
combination of substances or materials, with the intent to make any
destructive device or any explosive without first obtaining a valid
permit to make that destructive device or explosive, is guilty of a
felony, and is punishable by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h)
of Section 1170 for two, three, or four years.

The above is different in that should you have all the materials, to actually make a tracer or incendiary round, you would need to first show that a person intended to make the destructive device.   Basically they aren't going after people for constructive possession types of situations and truly want to show intent to make something like a molotov coctail, dry ice bomb(yes, illegal under same laws), or even a pipe bomb.

However, to possess a live tracer or incendiary round kicks you up into the other law where you are already in possession of it and violating that law.   Then you can potentially be in danger of the provisions of 18720 where they define the punishments for possession.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I cannot comment on the ammunition because Charles refuses to respond to the emails that I have sent him.  I ordered 5.56 at the first of December and no response or update on the status.  You may want to reconsider doing business with this fellow if this is how his support is.  I know things have been crazy, but this was ordered two weeks before the shooting.  I'm just happy I didn't pull the trigger on the .50 purchase I was planning.

Sadly I have had the same experience. He no longer answers phone calls nor does he respond to emails.  It was supposed to ship in early December.  Hopefully I hear something soon.  At the very least he should have the courtesy to inform his customers if there's a problem or reason for the delay, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Now the guy's email account is closed. This is BAD NEWS for those of us whom placed orders recently.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Any update on this? Is Survival Ops good to go, or should I stay away?
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Just a follow-up....

Ammo is accurate and consistent. Out of 150rds of API, I think I had 4 rounds that would not chamber. No big deal. I gave them away to friends and family as souvenirs. lol :D

I placed another order with Survival Ops the for 150rds of API.

It's been a few days and I've not heard anything from Charles and my account has not been charged yet. I'll keep everyone up to date on how the CS goes.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Update!

My account has been charged for the ammo.

Email I got today:

Got your order processed and sent to shipper.

If you need anything, just let me know!

Cordially,
Charles Gossett
Survivalops.com

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:51:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#21]
So what is the normal wait time after placing an order with SurvivalOps? I'm going on over a week now without a response...
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what is the normal wait time after placing an order with SurvivalOps? I'm going on over a week now without a response...
View Quote

This is typical customer service with Survival Ops:

You place your order and get email confirmation. The debt on your CC shows up a short time after.

You don't get any response or tracking number afterwards.

You email him and he responds days later. (He responded to my 1st email 6 days after I sent it, but still has not responded to my second and that's been 5 days so far. The order was placed for 150 API's July 11, 2013 6:13 am, so 20 days later and I'm still waiting on ammo.)

You'll probably get your ammo before he responds with a tracking number. LOL

But the bottom line is this. The ammo is priced right, accurate (at least out of my AR50), and you will get your ammo.

Just don't expect him to respond quick to all of your emails and don't expect fast shipping.

I have no problem with it. I'm not anal. I buy the ammo long before I'm out. I have 150 API's in a can right now. So the waiting doesn't bother me as long as I get the ammo and it is as good as the last batch (& remains the best priced).

That's the god honest truth fellas. Plan to wait for slow shipping and slow responses to your email or don't buy at all. If you buy, order before your out like I do.

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you John for letting us know what to expect.  This is my first order with Survival Ops and I didn't know if the lack of response meant the order was just sitting out there in space.  You are correct in that at the current pricing, this is quite a deal.  I just hope the quality continues as previously described above.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thank you John for letting us know what to expect.  This is my first order with Survival Ops and I didn't know if the lack of response meant the order was just sitting out there in space.  You are correct in that at the current pricing, this is quite a deal.  I just hope the quality continues as previously described above.
View Quote

Yeah, you'll get the ammo. A bunch of folks have ordered from this guy and no one has ever got shafted that I know of. It's worth it the wait for great ammo and the best pricing on the net I've found so far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Got my tracking number Friday. Ammo is on route!
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my 150 rounds of API today.

Order with confidence fellas. Nothing to fear here. just be patient.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got my 150 rounds of API today.

Order with confidence fellas. Nothing to fear here. just be patient.
View Quote

Indeed, just received my love note from UPS...
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#28]
how long did it take you to receive yours? my accounts been charged he said it would ship on tues but i haven't received any tracking# phones off mail box is full and no response to 2 emails
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
how long did it take you to receive yours? my accounts been charged he said it would ship on tues but i haven't received any tracking# phones off mail box is full and no response to 2 emails
View Quote

It took six days after my account was charged before I received a shipping confirmation.  Once I received the confirmation, it took another eight days for the brown man to "drop" it off on my doorstep (I am however on the opposite side of the CONUS).  So total order time from me hitting the buy button to having ammo in my hand has been 26 days (includes the weekends).  All in all, talking to Charles as well as hearing from John here made it a pleasurable experience, not even factoring the great price.

My only grip if I can have one is that I had a TMI50BMG.com billboard sitting on my front porch for the neighborhood to see until I got home.  The shipping box they use is not at all low key as other suppliers I have received shipments from in which the boxes were your standard unmarked cardboard.

...I have yet to have a chance to open the box.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Yup.... Not a very low key box.....

But if I recall, Freedom Munitions also had their stickers on their box as well.

My UPS guy looked kind of stunned once he noticed the box.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#31]
thanks guys. great my neighbors are going to love seeing that box hope im home when it comes
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Hello everyone, new guy to AR15.com, not to shooting.

Quick bio- I have used a 700 5R .300 WM in an AICS that has been blue printed, trued, and threaded for my Ti suppressor to hit a large cucumber at 1000 yards.  I say this because long range isn't just getting a rifle and flinging lead out there and then going on the internet and claiming sub MOA groups just because that's what you are suppossed to do.  Feel free to ask more questions but I didn't want my question to come off like a mall ninja with no experiance, even though at face value, that's what it may sound like.

I have some long range experiance but I've only fired a Barrett 99 once.  It flapped my eyelids and I've wanted a 50 ever since.

Got two questions- on Survivalops.com it lists all ammo as 647 grain.  I looking around, each different bullet seems to have a different weight except on survivalops.  So what are the weights of each type of bullet?

Usually you buy a rifle and find ammo that will shoot well out of it.  Each rifle can like different things.  I'd like to do something stupid and do the opposite.

Survivalops.com has amazing prices, is in Oregon (where?) and I've got long range precision rifles.  I would like to stock up on their ammo and save for a rifle that will shoot it to a decent gathering.  What kind of groups can be expected if the rifle and shooter do their part?  Can you use a "budget" rifle and hold less than 2 MOA with AP ammo?  

Looking at a Taclite T2 upper.  If I stock up on survivalops ammo, listed as match grade loaded, will the accuracy of this ammo be worth the $800 upgrade for the Lilja barrel?  Those Lilja barrels are awesome, I have one in my DPMS .308 AR and have shot less than 1/2 MOA with factory ammo.  I would go with the Lilja but I don't want to have to feed it uber CNC made bullets.

This is a survivalops thread and I want to know what the least expensive rifle I should be looking at to shoot their match grade ammo to 2 MOA or less.  Obviously, 1 MOA is preferred.  

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hello everyone, new guy to AR15.com, not to shooting.

Quick bio- I have used a 700 5R .300 WM in an AICS that has been blue printed, trued, and threaded for my Ti suppressor to hit a large cucumber at 1000 yards.  I say this because long range isn't just getting a rifle and flinging lead out there and then going on the internet and claiming sub MOA groups just because that's what you are suppossed to do.  Feel free to ask more questions but I didn't want my question to come off like a mall ninja with no experiance, even though at face value, that's what it may sound like.

I have some long range experiance but I've only fired a Barrett 99 once.  It flapped my eyelids and I've wanted a 50 ever since.

Got two questions- on Survivalops.com it lists all ammo as 647 grain.  I looking around, each different bullet seems to have a different weight except on survivalops.  So what are the weights of each type of bullet?

Usually you buy a rifle and find ammo that will shoot well out of it.  Each rifle can like different things.  I'd like to do something stupid and do the opposite.

Survivalops.com has amazing prices, is in Oregon (where?) and I've got long range precision rifles.  I would like to stock up on their ammo and save for a rifle that will shoot it to a decent gathering.  What kind of groups can be expected if the rifle and shooter do their part?  Can you use a "budget" rifle and hold less than 2 MOA with AP ammo?  

Looking at a Taclite T2 upper.  If I stock up on survivalops ammo, listed as match grade loaded, will the accuracy of this ammo be worth the $800 upgrade for the Lilja barrel?  Those Lilja barrels are awesome, I have one in my DPMS .308 AR and have shot less than 1/2 MOA with factory ammo.  I would go with the Lilja but I don't want to have to feed it uber CNC made bullets.

This is a survivalops thread and I want to know what the least expensive rifle I should be looking at to shoot their match grade ammo to 2 MOA or less.  Obviously, 1 MOA is preferred.  

Thanks for the help guys.
View Quote

safety harbor 50 bmg uppers are nice. it pins right to your standard ar 15 lower you can get one of these for around 1500 for single shot and around 1900 for a 5rd mag fed all are bolt action
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#34]
wish they would send mine ,or even answer a phone or email,this wait sucks,nearly a month now wtf!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
wish they would send mine ,or even answer a phone or email,this wait sucks,nearly a month now wtf!!!!!!!
View Quote

what did you order? i finally got my ups tracking # yesterday took six days after CC was charged
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#36]
just a box of 100 50cal.theres just been no contact,except for an invoice,frustrating!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I've not been shooting 50 BMG much and looking at this post I was thinking of buying some ammo. I've never handled any linked 50, how
Hard is it to take out of the links so I can use it in my Barrett mags? Thanks for advice
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Any recent news on www.Survivalops.com ? their prices look pretty good
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any recent news on www.Survivalops.com ? their prices look pretty good
View Quote

Order with confidence.

They are honest.

You will get your ammo.

But...

They are slow shipping wise and you won't get much if any communication after placing your order.

If you can deal with 2-3 week for the product to hit your door and the lack of communication, buy now.

I've placed 2 orders with them thus far for 300 rounds of API and I've always got my ammo and basically the best prices I've seen on the net for 50 BMG API.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Ordered 150 rounds of api 50 cal on 8/25/13 and got a tracking # on 8/30/13 and received ammo on 9/9/13 . I live in Florida so I think thats PDQ ! A+ Survivalops I will buy from you from here on out
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I've owned my 50 BMG for a few years now and when I first purchased it I was lucky enough to have a friend that "loaned" me all his 50 BMG RCBS stuff and I ran with it from there.  A year ago he finally decided he was going to start rolling his own for his Barrett so I purchased a Lee loader, turned my own primer pocket swager on my lathe.  It fits in the same hole as the primer seater does.  That said I've only fired a few rounds of "factory" loaded ammo and it was terribly over pressure Summit with 750 grain A-Max.  It flattened the primers so bad you could see the seam where the primer was supposed to be.  If you want to make 1/2 MOA ammo I believe your going to have to load it to what your rifle likes.  The only reason for purchasing ammo would be for the components so I would have the brass after I shoot it but I still rather purchase either new or once fired from a bolt gun.  I say save your money and purchase your own reloading equipment. .
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Does He use new brass or previously fired brass?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

G'day, Folksies!

Something to keep in mind, if the headstamp is LC, it's going to be once-fired. If it's WCC, then it MIGHT be new. But, (and, this is a bigger than MY butt!) if it IS new WCC, it will be factory seconds. Rejected from the production line, for whatever reason. USUALLY, they are rejected for less than optimal annealing of the necks, though some may be for cracked necks, bad primer seat, or even excess sealant, on the exterior of the case. We reject about 10 percent of (new) WCC brass, and return it to our supplier (who has NONE, in stock, right now).

Once fired LC, PSD, etc., we reject even more, closer to 20 percent, for cracks, dents, scratches, what have you.

I inspect brass, by looking at it, and asking, "Would I put this in my gun, and pull the trigger?" And, some of that brass, (No, not any of the reject! Sheesh!) I DO put in my gun, to chrony new lots of powder, for example.

Anything milsurp, you need to inspect it very carefully, YOURSELF, before you chamber it, and pull the trigger. This caution includes WCC brass. We're talking a half ounce or better of powder in each round, fer cry-eye-eye! Hel... I mean, HECK, I inspect every round of commercial ammo, foe anything bigger than .22LR, and I've found the occasional cracked neck, or high primer. Every brand has some spill through the QA/QC process. That's why they have recalls!

Where I work, we load at 223 to 235 grains (depending on the projectile) as standard load, for 2500 FPS. An ounce, for those that don't know, is 437.5 grains!

I'd say where I work, but this is a SurvivalOps thread, and I don't want to hijack it. (At least, not any more than I already have.)

My opinion? These Folksies might be a bit slow to ship, but from all accounts they are selling good ammo. Be patient, and glad they are taking the time to cull out the bad stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my order from Survivalops today. Haven't shot any of this batch but have shot some ball from this company in the past. A couple friends have ordered from them before and reported good results. Based on their recommendations I did an initial smorgasbord order of 60 rds to try out everything they sell. I plan to do a bulk order if all works out well.

Initial inspection shows well made loads using nice clean 2011 LC brass. I looked at every shell and nothing stuck out or looked out of place. Some of the nicest remanufactured 50 BMG ammo your likely to come across. Very happy with the visual inspection, now to shoot it and see how it does in my particular gun type, a Safety Harbor SHTF upper. I talked to Survivalops last week. They called to confirm they where shipping out my order. We talked for 40 minuets about my order, what I was going to be shooting this in and shooting 50's in general. Very nice people and very knowledgable. They wanted feedback on how their ammo did in my particular gun type and ended up throwing in 10 rounds of ball to my order for free, just so I could tryout everything they made. I thought that was a rather nice gesture.

Something else I found interesting is the volume of scale these guys are working with. They order components by the hundreds of thousands and have millions on hand. That kind of volume purchasing power accounts for their low prices. Still everything is inspected and loaded by hand, with numerous quality inspections. I was told the owner is involved with every step. From the purchasing of the raw components to packing and shipping the order. Very hands-on. They mentioned they are in it for the long haul and plan to be selling 50 ammo for a good long time. Quality not quantity and not letting one bad round get out there. Hence the sometimes long wait times.

My order took about 6 weeks to get which isn't bad in my opinion. Just about everything I have ordered connected to guns and survival in the last few years has been a long wait. Sign of the crazy times we live in. So I guess I'm just used to the long lead times and plan accordingly. If you order and are expecting to get your ammo in a week or in a hurry because of an upcoming event, then you should probably be spending a little more per round and buying commercial ammo from one of the big commercial outfits. If you can't confirm delivery times by phone or email then I would just anticipate longer lead times and plan accordingly.

As other's have noted, the communications between seller and buyer are a little lacking at times. Same experience. My order was confirmed right away, but that was the last I heard until the phone call 5 weeks later. I did try and email and call once each to no avail. I just figured they are busy building/shipping ammo and my order would be processed in due time. When they finally did call and we talked, I felt that their customer service was as good as it gets. The prices are pretty good and the ammo looks great. I have a pretty good feeling about it and my overall buying experience with Survivalops. I'm happy to have this ammo dealer available and close by. Order away then sit back, wait and be patient. Your ammo will show up and I'm guessing you will be pleased it and this company.

One last thing. The high shipping charges that the shopping cart adds to your order is a glitch in the system. Ignore it. My 70 round, 21lb order was just $15 shipping which is much less than the cart said. Survivalops will adjust the shipping before they charge your card so don't let that stop you from doing a smaller order.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I placed an order December 5,  My credit Card got charged December 17.  

I have yet to hear from them or get tracking numbers.

But I have faith they will deliver................
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I called today since I wanted to see if could replace 20 ball with 10 AP and 10 API in an order of 150 rounds. I didn't get answer but Charles called back about within an hour or two.

Quoted:
I placed an order December 5,  My credit Card got charged December 17.  

I have yet to hear from them or get tracking numbers.

But I have faith they will deliver................
View Quote

Did you ever get your ammo?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

G'day, Folksies!

Something to keep in mind, if the headstamp is LC, it's going to be once-fired. If it's WCC, then it MIGHT be new. But, (and, this is a bigger than MY butt!) if it IS new WCC, it will be factory seconds. Rejected from the production line, for whatever reason. USUALLY, they are rejected for less than optimal annealing of the necks, though some may be for cracked necks, bad primer seat, or even excess sealant, on the exterior of the case. We reject about 10 percent of (new) WCC brass, and return it to our supplier (who has NONE, in stock, right now).

Once fired LC, PSD, etc., we reject even more, closer to 20 percent, for cracks, dents, scratches, what have you.

I inspect brass, by looking at it, and asking, "Would I put this in my gun, and pull the trigger?" And, some of that brass, (No, not any of the reject! Sheesh!) I DO put in my gun, to chrony new lots of powder, for example.

Anything milsurp, you need to inspect it very carefully, YOURSELF, before you chamber it, and pull the trigger. This caution includes WCC brass. We're talking a half ounce or better of powder in each round, fer cry-eye-eye! Hel... I mean, HECK, I inspect every round of commercial ammo, foe anything bigger than .22LR, and I've found the occasional cracked neck, or high primer. Every brand has some spill through the QA/QC process. That's why they have recalls!

Where I work, we load at 223 to 235 grains (depending on the projectile) as standard load, for 2500 FPS. An ounce, for those that don't know, is 437.5 grains!

I'd say where I work, but this is a SurvivalOps thread, and I don't want to hijack it. (At least, not any more than I already have.)

My opinion? These Folksies might be a bit slow to ship, but from all accounts they are selling good ammo. Be patient, and glad they are taking the time to cull out the bad stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G'day, Folksies!

Thanks for your post.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered 150 rounds several months ago.  I received a confirmation email.  My card was never charged though.  I emailed 3 or 4 times asking about the status of my order with no response.

Pretty disappointing
Page / 4
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top