Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just how quiet are the SD cans now a days?

Would it be much quieter than my MP5K with 147 subs suppressed?

I'm really contemplating getting one
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just how quiet are the SD cans now a days?

Would it be much quieter than my MP5K with 147 subs suppressed?

I'm really contemplating getting one
View Quote
yeah much quieter.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yeah much quieter.
View Quote
Yeah you just cost me money then

TPM sounds like the one to roll with from this thread.

I'm staring at MP5SD parts kits right now
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah much quieter.

I bet you can buy one from TPM cheaper than buying the parts kit and sending it to them.

My SD is definitely quieter than my K with 147s. And incredibly soft shooting.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I bet you can buy one from TPM cheaper than buying the parts kit and sending it to them.

My SD is definitely quieter than my K with 147s. And incredibly soft shooting.
View Quote
I could definitely get an Omega cheaper,

But its more about the adventure between than anything.

I would love to make my own SD, not the can to be clear, but the gun itself.

In fact if I had a lathe Id likely just do my own can, one day perhaps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Have any of you used the welding anti-spatter spray on your internals? Does it work? Because I know when I get the call I am going to run a couple of mags through my TPM can at my dealer's range. 

Should I run the spray first or is the fouling from a couple of mags not that bad? I already bought a pin spanner. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
So turns out the poor accuracy from the Omega/TPM combo was user error. Took it back to the range today and was putting decent groups downrange.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So turns out the poor accuracy from the Omega/TPM combo was user error. Took it back to the range today and was putting decent groups downrange.
View Quote
Thank God. You had me worrying. I only ran 60 rounds through mine with the dummy can. It seems to be spot on. 

You had me worrying about baffle strikes or other issues that might affect the accuracy. 

I will find out in a few months how well mine shoots. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have any of you used the welding anti-spatter spray on your internals? Does it work?
View Quote
Yes I use it. Works well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking about adding an SD to the stable....

Does anyone have real world data of actual velocity loss with 124gr NATO and/or 147gr commercial loads?  Maybe even 124gr +P.  I know this sounds like a silly request but I have a "use" for this setup and I can't afford to lose too much velocity.  

I'm looking really hard at the Omega SD upper and a TPM can.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thinking about adding an SD to the stable....

Does anyone have real world data of actual velocity loss with 124gr NATO and/or 147gr commercial loads?  Maybe even 124gr +P.  I know this sounds like a silly request but I have a "use" for this setup and I can't afford to lose too much velocity.  

I'm looking really hard at the Omega SD upper and a TPM can.
View Quote
I don't have data on hand, and I dont have time to go looking for it, but I want to say it was something like 200/fps with 124gr NATO when the SD was developed? Not 100% sure, but for some reason that 200/fps number sticks out in my mind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I get 975 fps with 124 NATO. 147 varies a lot with brand, as low as 850 to 1000.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I found some Food Grade Silicone in a spray can and am inclined to use that instead of welding anti-spatter spray.

I read something years ago about using welding anti-spatter in suppressors and the gases that are released due to
the heat and pressures involved in such use which leads me to believe that the silicone is safer.  Have used the silicone
in my .22 cal. rimfire suppressors and it works fine especially when it came to cleaning them.

Would welcome any additional info on anti-spatter usage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't have data on hand, and I dont have time to go looking for it, but I want to say it was something like 200/fps with 124gr NATO when the SD was developed? Not 100% sure, but for some reason that 200/fps number sticks out in my mind.
View Quote
Thank you, after doing a little more digging online that info seems to be the consensus.  I guess the only true way to find out is for me to buy one and chrono it.   --- I'll definitely share my results.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I get 975 fps with 124 NATO. 147 varies a lot with brand, as low as 850 to 1000.
View Quote
Perfect!  That you kindly.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top