Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, is it better than FN made model?  Cost?   Reliability?  Reviews?  Availability?  Who is Battle Brothers Trading?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/L3mutu" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8555/28906328810_3cdbdf9f32_o.jpg</a>FN 249s SAW by Battle Brothers Trading, on Flickr
View Quote

So sick!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks good, is it better than FN made model?  Cost?   Reliability?  Reviews?  Availability?  Who is Battle Brothers Trading?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that's just a 249S in new clothes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the market for one.
Does anyone know who has the best price right now?
Should I get it now or should I wait after the election?
Anyone came with bump fire idea for M249S?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in the market for one.
Does anyone know who has the best price right now?
Should I get it now or should I wait after the election?
Anyone came with bump fire idea for M249S?
View Quote

DSG had one. Still may have it. It's under BFG I.e. Big fucking gun
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you kidding?  Wait after election?  What if Hillary wins?  Mother of all panic buys will ensue!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone dealt with Sweetwater Armory for M249S stuff?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes and yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have real mil one side by side to compare- is the flash hider on the M249S the same exact one used in the issued configuration?  Would a mil BFA fit and function fine on the M249S?
Yes and yes

Yea, I ran 60rds of blanks through mine. functions fine.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone dealt with Sweetwater Armory for M249S stuff?
View Quote

Picked up some accessories and stuff.  Was quick to make contact and pleasant to deal with.  Got just what I ordered.

I would do business again.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems SAW prices have come down a little since the election. Most I see listed right now are right around MSRP at $7499 and not really moving quickly like before. See one listed at $6999 with no bids as of now. Lots of them on gunbroker right now. Think the M249s rush has finally subsided and we can finally start to see some haggling prices soon. Last night I thought I saw one listed for $6499 but don't see it anymore so I think someone snag it already. Hopefully FN moves forward with an M240s version soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]

I have noticed the price coming down a little. I still don't expect to see it below 6K but it is on my buy list so I can mount it on a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I want one with a bumpfire stock 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like dealers are starting to list the FN M249s Para. Has a shorty 16" barrel.

M249s Para
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like dealers are starting to list the FN M249s Para. Has a shorty 16" barrel.

M249s Para
View Quote

I just submitted a bid for shits and giggles........
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just submitted a bid for shits and giggles........
View Quote

There's a black one also. Looks like it comes less heat shield but uses a lower rail instead.

Black Para
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
My local funstore has a para in stock - pricetag reads 8 large
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Never having the privilege to fire one, Is the FCG similar to the AR platform for drop in triggers that can get close to FA rate of fire?

I'm paying and praying the nolo contender case works and I can purchase a real one in my lifetime without the retardedly   Excessive price point of entry.

$5000 for new one! I'm in like flynn.
View Quote

I dunno about the semi auto version but the full auto version was open bolt firing, trigger was pretty simple(simply let bolt fly forward), rest of it was "upper" mechanism which was feeding, ejecting, bolt locking(rotated at it went into chamber) and gas return. dang it  has been 14 years and I still remember getting 2nd in the company speed strip and reassemble competition. I swear that bastard cheated.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got another barrel in the other day and wanted to ask you guys whats the best route in trying to put on a Surefire muzzle brake?I understand the barrel threading on the M249 barrels is 9/16-24 LH thread correct? Was looking at the Surefire brakes and they don't offer anything with that thread pattern except a flash hider which I cannot use since I'm in one of those states that don't like evil flash hiders. What are my options as far as getting a muzzle brake on this barrel?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#19]
If anyone that has one has the issue of the trigger hanging up after firing a round(usually rapidfire), It's the trigger hanging up in the pistol grip. FN repair dept in Columbia, SC is aware of this, and can get you fixed up. They took care of a friends 249 that had this issue.

Another thing the guys at FN showed us, was what they do before disassembly:

Safety off
pull charging handle back, inspect chamber for no rounds, insert yellow action block
pull trigger
pull charging handle back slightly, remove action block
slowly ease charging handle forward
disassemble

this is the preferred way to release all spring tension before disassembly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just got another barrel in the other day and wanted to ask you guys whats the best route in trying to put on a Surefire muzzle brake?I understand the barrel threading on the M249 barrels is 9/16-24 LH thread correct? Was looking at the Surefire brakes and they don't offer anything with that thread pattern except a flash hider which I cannot use since I'm in one of those states that don't like evil flash hiders. What are my options as far as getting a muzzle brake on this barrel?
View Quote

I had my gunsmith make up a small tube that has female threading of 9/16-24 LH on one end and 1/2-28 RH male threads on the other end. He then permanently attached the tube to the Para barrel and then permanently attached a AAC Flash hider to the tube.

Lynn
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#21]
What about chopping the barrel off, and having it re-threaded to 1/2" x 28?  If you're short of 16" to work with, you could have your smith pin and weld it.

Would that work with the M249s, or would you have issues possibly with the shorter barrel and gas pressures for cycling?  With the Para version having a 13 inch barrel, with the same internals (?), I'd think you'd be OK chopping off 1/2" at the end.

I gotta say, the Para version looks tempting.  Maybe not 7500 tempting, but 6500 tempting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok guys been searching around and finally found a company that makes custom barrel thread adapters. I currently have them making me a barrel thread adapter for my M249 Para barrel. This will allow me to run the Surefire Socom Brake which is 1/2-28. These guys can make any thread pattern as you wish.

* Custom M249 barrel thread adapter 9/16-24 LH to 1/2-28 RH  (Price $114 shipped - 10-12 days to make)

The Company website. Att. Drew
Infinite Product Solutions

*Then will be sending the barrel to Ohio Ordnance Works for the installation perm pin/weld the brake adapter onto the Para barrel making it 16.1.
Ohio Ordnance Works

Hope you guys can use the info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Got my Para last week.

Now have picked up all the stuff for a rifle conversion - stock, barrel complete, handguard, etc.

Nutsacks, nutsack relocation adapter, and sling.

Biggest complaint so far is linking ammo

Serious question, why does it bumpfire sometimes, then not eject the case?

Ive had it do it 3 times in 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Got my Para last week.

nutsack relocation adapter,
View Quote

What is a relocation adapter?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Its a machined aluminum deal that slides into the emergency magazine well, and locks.

You then slide the nutsack into it, and it brings the sack up the side, allowing it to feed almost direct into the tray.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Its a machined aluminum deal that slides into the emergency magazine well, and locks.

You then slide the nutsack into it, and it brings the sack up the side, allowing it to feed almost direct into the tray.
View Quote

Interesting.  Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture or a link would you?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture or a link would you?
View Quote

Ill try to find one.  Guy i got mine from is a liar, and I wont support him
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Can anyone tell me why this M249 nutsack just went for $510?

M249 Nutsack
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me why this M249 nutsack just went for $510?

M249 Nutsack
View Quote

I've never seen that style before.  Must be a MK46 thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ill try to find one.  Guy i got mine from is a liar, and I wont support him
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Interesting, thanks.  For those that have used this, what is the advantage?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#32]
If your shooting from an M192 tripod you will need to use that adapter so you can attach the plastic 200rd drum on it or when using the nutsacks.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If your shooting from an M192 tripod you will need to use that adapter so you can attach the plastic 200rd drum on it or when using the nutsacks.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/c8/78/fbc878dc16a007068069f7466d79f9bd.jpg
View Quote

Great information.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm in if someone makes a binary trigger.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#35]

I got one from this guy if anyone needs one.
Nutsack adapter
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#36]
There are adapters to put an AR stock on a SAW right?  Anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#37]
never mind
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody start tinkering with these yet to make them into a bump-firing platform?  I remember loads of people talking about the idea a few months back, thinking that these would really shine in that role.

I shot one and the trigger is pretty long, so I'm not sure if it can even be done.  But I figure someone is trying at this point.

On another note, anyone see one of the FDE paras in-person yet?  I've seen all sorts of images through google and I cant quite tell if I'm a fan yet.  In some pics, it looks great; in others, not so great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anybody start tinkering with these yet to make them into a bump-firing platform?  I remember loads of people talking about the idea a few months back, thinking that these would really shine in that role.

I shot one and the trigger is pretty long, so I'm not sure if it can even be done.  But I figure someone is trying at this point.

On another note, anyone see one of the FDE paras in-person yet?  I've seen all sorts of images through google and I cant quite tell if I'm a fan yet.  In some pics, it looks great; in others, not so great.
View Quote
I like my black one. Not sure about the FDE though.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like my black one. Not sure about the FDE though.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/5511/933400562/wm_9677300.jpg
View Quote

What's not to like!!!

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What about chopping the barrel off, and having it re-threaded to 1/2" x 28?  If you're short of 16" to work with, you could have your smith pin and weld it.

Would that work with the M249s, or would you have issues possibly with the shorter barrel and gas pressures for cycling?  With the Para version having a 13 inch barrel, with the same internals (?), I'd think you'd be OK chopping off 1/2" at the end.
View Quote

I have a M249S and bought short and long barrels.  After talking with 2 well respected gunsmiths, they both advised against an adapter because I want to use my can.  They were both concerned about it being off slightly and blowing up a can or barrel.  I opted with cutting down a 20" barrel that's 16" overall with a pin and weld.  The short barrel can't be used because of length, but I'll have all parts and accessories in time for collectors sake.

How should I have barrel refinished?  Cerakote?  Anodized?

Anyone have a source for a para stock?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have a M249S and bought short and long barrels.  After talking with 2 well respected gunsmiths, they both advised against an adapter because I want to use my can.  They were both concerned about it being off slightly and blowing up a can or barrel.  I opted with cutting down a 20" barrel that's 16" overall with a pin and weld.  The short barrel can't be used because of length, but I'll have all parts and accessories in time for collectors sake.

How should I have barrel refinished?  Cerakote?  Anodized?

Anyone have a source for a para stock?
View Quote
I found my Para stock over on gunbroker. NIW $150. Should be plenty of both styles listed over there. If not they pop up over on E-bay.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve decided to take the 249S plunge .  Couple of questions:

All I’ve seen so far for sale on GB are new ones.  When do you think used ones will start showing up?  It’s such a high dollar item that even paying 90% of list would save 700 bucks.

Any issues with them feeding from magazines, for those that own one?

Am I correct in saying that the thread on both the Para and regular versions are some funky 9/16’ or left hand or metric or some other tool of the devil, instead of good old USA ½” x 28 TPI?  I want to be able to put a Surefire flash hider on it, so I think I’ll need to get the longer barrel, then have my Smith cut it down and rethread.

Are the gas systems the same length between the Para and regular length barrels, such that you could cut down a regular length barrel without issues?  Or are they different length gas systems, such as on a FAL?

Ultimately, I want the Para look.  The  Para barrels I’ve seen for sale are actually 150 bucks cheaper than the longer versions.  So, with that it would make sense to get a regular and cheaper version, cut and re-thread the barrel to put my SF hider on it, and then pick up a Para barrel.

But, I’ve not see the Para stock for sale by itself.  I have seen an AR style collapsible stock for about 250-300 bucks.  Are these better than the wire style Para stocks, which I could see having a poor cheek weld.

How accurate is the M249S, with a decent scope?  Sub 2 MOA with good ammo?

What else should I consider, besides getting ammo and lots of it?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
What is the current best price seen on these?  It seems that the paras and the regular model are about the same price.  Does anyone think that the price will drop lower?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

All I’ve seen so far for sale on GB are new ones.  When do you think used ones will start showing up?  It’s such a high dollar item that even paying 90% of list would save 700 bucks.

Am I correct in saying that the thread on both the Para and regular versions are some funky 9/16’ or left hand or metric or some other tool of the devil, instead of good old USA ½” x 28 TPI?  I want to be able to put a Surefire flash hider on it, so I think I’ll need to get the longer barrel, then have my Smith cut it down and rethread.

Are the gas systems the same length between the Para and regular length barrels, such that you could cut down a regular length barrel without issues?  Or are they different length gas systems, such as on a FAL?

Ultimately, I want the Para look.  The  Para barrels I’ve seen for sale are actually 150 bucks cheaper than the longer versions.  So, with that it would make sense to get a regular and cheaper version, cut and re-thread the barrel to put my SF hider on it, and then pick up a Para barrel.

But, I’ve not see the Para stock for sale by itself.  I have seen an AR style collapsible stock for about 250-300 bucks.  Are these better than the wire style Para stocks, which I could see having a poor cheek weld.

Thanks,
View Quote
I have to admit, I can't answer most of your questions.  I know MAC did accuracy testing with a 249s and I think he got like 2-3 MOA.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to put a surefire FH on it?  If it's to mount a suppressor, I think I read somewhere that FN advised rather strenuously that it is not set up to run a suppressor and they didn't advise it.  I could be wrong, but I'm like 95% certain I heard that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks,
View Quote
Magazines work fine in the M249S.

Para barrels have been costing a bit more than regular ones.  Check gunbroker.

Collapsible AR-type stocks sell for $75-125.  Again, check Gunbroker.

The old wire collapsible stocks are harder to find than the Collapsible AR-type stocks and will cost more, usually.  The wire ones aren't as comfortable.

I haven't shot groups with mine but I did zero it at 25m.  Getting 2-3 MOA shouldn't be  problem.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like Ohio Ordnance Works no longer offers their M240s semi auto. Checked their website and poof they are gone.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Prices are better nowadays. Just snatched on on gunbroker for 7k plus 75 s&h (I know but still).

Question. I want to put an optic... something variable.... suggestions? My BIL has an ELCAN he's not using but getting that loaned seems like a longshot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top