Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2021 2:48:20 AM EDT
Well, the last MP7 thread got archived. Understandable, since it's not like we have any available to us. That being said, I'm starting another HK MP7 thread simply because they're cool and I dream of being able to one day buy one, just for fun.

I know we have a few people here who have played with them overseas, always interested to hear from anyone who has.

And since every thread is worthless without pics:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the only magazine fed rifle other than an AR that interests me and yes I’ve fired one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot about 20 rounds through one.  

It had more recoil than I was expecting given all the talk about how light the recoil is.  I'd buy one, but only in 4.6.  As a practical weapon, semi-auto subguns are pretty stupid.  Only reason to have it is because I like unique and iconic guns, and I don't count an off-caliber pistol wearing the skin of an MP7 as an MP7.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Never really saw the appeal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call of duty, bro
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't have. Hence, I want it
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
HK will refuse to sell it to you while simultaneously making fun of you for buying a "clone."
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only people that talk about this gun are people who have never held one, and definitely never shot one, and super double definitely never had to pay for ammo to shoot one in auto.

People think it’s a small little ultra compact gun.... with stock extended and big mag it’s basically larger than a P90....

The MP7 is lame and people on jerk off over it because they can’t have it. Doesn’t need a new thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only people that talk about this gun are people who have never held one, and definitely never shot one, and super double definitely never had to pay for ammo to shoot one in auto.

People think it’s a small little ultra compact gun.... with stock extended and big mag it’s basically larger than a P90....

The MP7 is lame and people on jerk off over it because they can’t have it. Doesn’t need a new thread.
View Quote

I’ve shot an MP7 and I quite enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Call of dutyhalf life, bro
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People think it's a small little ultra compact gun.... with stock extended and big mag it's basically larger than a P90....
View Quote
It might be longer than a P90, but it isn't larger.
They don't make holsters for the FN P90.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, how dare I want to discuss a unique HK firearm in the HK subforum
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want one in .357 SIG....
View Quote

327 Federal Auto Rim.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I'm interested in it because I love subguns and the whole PDW concept. While the SMG has limited utility in a military capacity, I think they really have a lot to offer the civilian market, both for self Defense and competition/plinking.

People talk so much about an ideal "truck gun" or something portable for civil disturbance type scenarios where you want more than a pistol. Obviously the MP7 and P90 were purpose built for this kind of role.

And ya, the MP7 looks cool, is pretty iconic, and we all want what we can't have. If HK or a company like Tommy Built ever brings a semi auto to market, I'll buy it without hesitation just for the fun and cool factor. Not everything in life has to be grim and serious, occasionally we can just buy a neat gun because we like it.

Pics
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s the modern UZI in an odd caliber, with better ergonomics.  Round is interesting and in its intended role, it’s a decent gun.   The Norwegian’s I talk with like it.  I was struck by how thin it is.

If it was readily available in the states, I expect it would be a hit with the LE market that didn’t want M4 platforms.  The current NFA hassle and ammo generally kill its adoption by most agencies.

Just my opinion, yours may certainly vary.

18Z50
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]
For about $10K, a MAC 11/9 with a Lage upper can maybe scratch the itch a little bit

Yes I know, entirely different operating system.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For about $10K, a MAC 11/9 with a Lage upper can maybe scratch the itch a little bit

https://www.max-11.com/photos/MAX11k/MAX11kRtSide.JPG
View Quote

Ya, I've definitely considered this route. I think I'd still want an MP7 if it were offered, but damn that MAC with the Lage looks fun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ya, I've definitely considered this route. I think I'd still want an MP7 if it were offered, but damn that MAC with the Lage looks fun.
View Quote

It is a lot of fun. With the spacers Lage offers, you can tune the cyclical rate to your own preference. Very smooth shooting and you can configure buttstock, foregrip, sights/optics and muzzle devices to your heart’s content. Quality mags run about $35 if you wait for deals. Mine runs everything from Blazer Brass to 147gr. Federal HST with 100% reliability (there was a ~300 break-in period for me).
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
And do it with a better cartridge.

Someone mentioned the MP7 and P90 as "truck guns."  I have a PS90 SBR and to be honest I can't imagine a gun I'd want less as a truck gun.  Maybe some of my .22lrs?

These things are really solutions looking for a problem, particularly post-GWOT with short barreled carbines coming into their prime.  They made sense when they were being developed in the 80's and early 90's, rifle rounds were shot out of 20" barrels.  Times have changed.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#24]
The MP7 is a video game “hero gun”, which quickly loses its appeal when subjected to real-world evaluation, where it gets unfavorably compared to other real guns.

The two main reasons for its appeal are video games, and it’s “different”, because there aren’t any semi-auto versions available to civilians. The many reasons why it loses its appeal to people who can get/shoot one are already detailed above.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call of dutyhalf life, Escape from tarkov  get with the times  

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool gun, shot one at Battlefield Vegas, but way down the desirability list for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#27]
ill take one. pictanny rail on bottom, not that folding vert grip please. thanks HK!
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm happy to answer questions as well.
View Quote
Assuming one could easily buy either, is it better to get the MP7A1 (folding grip) or MP7A2 with rails (and run a stubby VFG)? I understand the latter to offer more stability/rigidity.

Have you seen any MP7A2 in a CCW role?
(I'm assuming the MP7A1 would be better for this application.)

Please tell me about cleaning the gas system...
How often, and how big a deal is it?
(I understand HK does not recommend that end-users perform this maintenance.)

What part(s) failures have you seen (or heard of)?
I was told the latch/stock on the MP7A1 will occasionally wear to the point it may collapse (to the next setting) unexpectedly.

Were any revisions made to the A2 regarding improving any components (of anything)?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Do your customers have strong feelings about terminal effect?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#33]
@PresampleDepot

What would you compare the recoil impulse to? Also, how controllable do you find it to be on full auto? How decent or not is the trigger in semi auto? Have you shot one for groups? Do you find it suppresses well? Is it gassy suppressed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Talking about yourself?

Interesting take.

Wrong, but interesting.

I've plenty of trigger time on MP7's and had I the option, i'd have one for the exact reason they were made in the first place.

Correct ammunition choice has everything to do with how effective the system is in a given situation.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@PresampleDepot

What would you compare the recoil impulse to? Also, how controllable do you find it to be on full auto? How decent or not is the trigger in semi auto? Have you shot one for groups? Do you find it suppresses well? Is it gassy suppressed?
View Quote

FA is very controllable and the gun does not need to be muscle-fucked to keep the muzzle down.

This vid was initial fam-fire of a long day burning ammo on the German taxpayer dime training with a psyops unit.

Meaning that as i was familiarizing myself with all of the different functions and features of the gun, adapting to the recoil impulse was easy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Fits under coat, 900rpm, 2500fps, 20-30-40 round mags, will penetrate CRISAT body armour at plus 200m - its a smart weapon - whats not to like HK416C :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

327 Federal Auto Rim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want one in .357 SIG....

327 Federal Auto Rim.

Wouldn't that basically be 32 Longue?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It’s the modern UZI in an odd caliber, with better ergonomics.  Round is interesting and in its intended role, it’s a decent gun.   The Norwegian’s I talk with like it.  I was struck by how thin it is.

If it was readily available in the states, I expect it would be a hit with the LE market that didn’t want M4 platforms.  The current NFA hassle and ammo generally kill its adoption by most agencies.

Just my opinion, yours may certainly vary.

18Z50
View Quote

The TP9 is a better modern Uzi and not just because it's also in 9mm.  It's lighter and smaller.

The MP7 is as big as a full size Uzi, and that was half the full size Uzi's problem, not just its weight.  The things are surprisingly dense, too.  But a true triumph in industrial design; IWI wishes they could make a space gun look so cool.

I think an enterprising person could make a quasi de-bullpup kit for an FN P90 that uses a new trigger group, and result in something like a MAC silhouette.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does some of the appeal of the MP7 come from the unobtainium, yes. However, for what the gun was designed for it is probably one of the best guns in that role. Since we're HK MP7 Armorers I have a lot of time, training, and experience with these. Quite frankly a lot of information about these guns, prices, availability are wrong.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50967372451_9543354515_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49485836061_2ba737865b_b.jpg

I'm happy to answer questions as well.
View Quote

What about service life?  I've heard it's rather low (4-6k before overhaul), but maybe that's HK pulling the 3mo oil change thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1.) It's hard to say. It's way softer than a P90, and has a different recoil than pretty much all the sub-guns on the market. It virtually has no recoil, and is very controllable on target on close CQB ranges. Seems to be one of the main reasons a lot of dog handlers used it, it's light and controllable with some of the best ergonomics.

2.) The trigger is probably on par with a VP9, maybe not as good but it's essentially the same type style.

3.) I haven't scientifically put it in a bench vise or even really laid prone to shoot groups, however I've shot prone at a 200 yard steel plate with just an IR laser as my aiming device and gone 5/5 in front of Jamey Caldwell and Pat from 1MO and Emerging Tactical.

4.) It suppresses very well. The only issues with the suppressors would be the muzzle mounts outside of the factory ones block access to parts for servicing. The B&T that is recommended with it do not have that issue.

5.) It's not really gassy to the shooter. What you may notice is that sometimes the charging handle bounces out of its stowed position and can boop you on the nose. I personally have never been in a course of fire and noticed it actually hit my nose, despite actually seeing it on camera later on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@PresampleDepot

1.) It's hard to say. It's way softer than a P90, and has a different recoil than pretty much all the sub-guns on the market. It virtually has no recoil, and is very controllable on target on close CQB ranges. Seems to be one of the main reasons a lot of dog handlers used it, it's light and controllable with some of the best ergonomics.

2.) The trigger is probably on par with a VP9, maybe not as good but it's essentially the same type style.

3.) I haven't scientifically put it in a bench vise or even really laid prone to shoot groups, however I've shot prone at a 200 yard steel plate with just an IR laser as my aiming device and gone 5/5 in front of Jamey Caldwell and Pat from 1MO and Emerging Tactical.

4.) It suppresses very well. The only issues with the suppressors would be the muzzle mounts outside of the factory ones block access to parts for servicing. The B&T that is recommended with it do not have that issue.

5.) It's not really gassy to the shooter. What you may notice is that sometimes the charging handle bounces out of its stowed position and can boop you on the nose. I personally have never been in a course of fire and noticed it actually hit my nose, despite actually seeing it on camera later on.

#5 can apply to the T/MP9 as well
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
4.6mm x 15 is 69mm.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to go out on a limb that you've never held, let alone shot, one.

I had the opportunity to put some rounds through one, tons of fun. Definitely a more specialized tool, but fills a very real and tangible role. S&B was pretty cheap for it, for range ammo.

Definitely a grail gun of mine, so much so I'd probably fork out dumb money for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Its a good gun for wenches and remfs.

Only the Americsns get really excited about it.The MP5s were mostly worn out and along with the 416,it was time for something new.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Only the Americsns get really excited about it.The MP5s were mostly worn out and along with the 416,it was time for something new.
View Quote
@Marmite

If you could choose between having a brand new MP5K, B&T MP9-N (TP9), or HK MP7 on your thigh as a PDW, which one would you want?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@Marmite

If you could choose between having a brand new MP5K, B&T MP9-N (TP9), or HK MP7 on your thigh as a PDW, which one would you want?
View Quote

It's really not going to matter much,because by the time a PDW is needed,its all gone to fuck and your rear position is being over run.

MP5K because I have no knowledge of the B&T gun you mentioned.

As a rumor I have heard the MP7 lacks terminal performance but really as I said above,its a wench/remf/ staff officer gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#48]
A shotgun for a PDW?

We can ignore you from here on out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A shotgun for a PDW?

We can ignore you from here on out.
View Quote

Thank you Ryan_Scott.

*edit,forgot the formalities *
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've shot numerous examples, in 3 configurations, and a couple thousand rounds total at this point. I'd gladly let go of 95% of my firearms to own one.

Size wise it is similar in size to an mp5k.  Plenty tiny enough for what I'd want one for.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top