Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very cool. Must go buy hobby supplies and Lyman mold now.....

Why are some people so angry about experimentation?

I'm not angry.  I just want to know why one would do this, as opposed to using a 22 rimfire.

1.) I'm not going to fire .22 in my basement or garage.

2.) I have a replica airsoft of one of of my actual pistols.  The trigger is drastically different and the gun itself is about a pound lighter than the actual gun.  

3.) Glue/wax/plastic bullets shot in my basement allow actual trigger time in my basement.  It's great trigger practice on the actual guns that you already use.

4.) You did SEEM a little angry in your first post.

In my first post, and I quote, I merely asked, "Why?"  How is it that you read that as angry?  Ah, the joys of the the internet and written communications with strangers.  lol  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not angry.  I just want to know why one would do this, as opposed to using a 22 rimfire.

2.) I have a replica airsoft of one of of my actual pistols.  The trigger is drastically different and the gun itself is about a pound lighter than the actual gun.  

3.) Glue/wax/plastic bullets shot in my basement allow actual trigger time in my basement.  It's great trigger practice on the actual guns that you already use.

In my first post, and I quote, I merely asked, "Why?"  How is it that you read that as angry?  Ah, the joys of the the internet and written communications with strangers.  lol  

Sorry, I got you confused w/ MikeinGA

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Today I got the MSDS sheet for glue sticks and candle wax, both have flash points lower than the heat generated by a Winchester LPP in both a 45 LC and the 38 SPL cases. The wax used for wax bullets has a higher flash point than candle wax. Do some homework. Oh yes a lot of primers have lead in them and should not be fired in house. That's IMHO. I got a call from a bubby of mine, he saw this, he said "what a bunch of dumb asses". He had a bussiness that did custom ammo. and reloading

Mike  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Today I got the MSDS sheet for glue sticks and candle wax, both have flash points lower than the heat generated by a Winchester LPP in both a 45 LC and the 38 SPL cases. The wax used for wax bullets has a higher flash point than candle wax. Do some homework. Oh yes a lot of primers have lead in them and should not be fired in house. That's IMHO. I got a call from a bubby of mine, he saw this, he said "what a bunch of dumb asses". He had a bussiness that did custom ammo. and reloading

Mike  

Yes, I am aware of the lead styphnate in primers.  WIth the proper ventilation in my unfinished basement I can't see how it's any worse than the indoor range I frequent.

You and your buddy sound like a couple of cool guys to be around.  The fact that he HAD a business that did custom ammo must mean that he knows everything about ammo.  So why is it that companies manufacture plastic bullets exactly for this purpose?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Exactly, must be nice to know everything.  I am gonna do this in my back yard (no ventilation problems there) because I live in town and can't use a 22lr for practice.  But again, I don't care what others think because while they are pissing and moaning about me being a dumbass I'm gonna be in my yard blasting away with my family and having a BLAST!  Also,exactly WHY should I give a shit what an MSDS says about freaking glue sticks?  Oh yeah, that's right, I don't give a shit, lol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Mike  

Where did you find the data supporting the amount of heat a Large Pistol Primer generates by specific caliber? Where are you finding 38 special cases that take large pistol primer?

I suggest you go and try this experiment on your own so you can see what a tool you really are. Doing this is not only perfectly safe but is probably safer than standard reloading since no powder charges are involved.

Get a clue.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike  

Yes, I am aware of the lead styphnate in primers.  WIth the proper ventilation in my unfinished basement I can't see how it's any worse than the indoor range I frequent.

You and your buddy sound like a couple of cool guys to be around.  The fact that he HAD a business that did custom ammo must mean that he knows everything about ammo.  So why is it that companies manufacture plastic bullets exactly for this purpose?

It's buddies we had great team, years ago. Most are dead and others are all over USA. We meet for a yearly shoots and talk about the good old days and get drunk. After we shoot. This will be are 40th team shoot. Only five of us left out of 25, only two KIA. Help keep shooting safe.

Mike  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Angry man here, reporting in:

This is one way it is different.  You go to the range infrequently and your stay is limited.   You are in your house every day and for a long time every day.  If your house gets contaminated, your exposure is potentially much higher.  What about your kids and/or grandkids who are more vulnerable than an adult?  What about those who will use the house after you're gone?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
PLAY is the key word. It's people like you that gives this sport a bad name and you should not have guns. Play time is for childern, that's the reason that they can not have a gun. That's IMHO.

Thiis Topic should be locked !

Mike

LOL, thats funny. Let the guy have some cheap fun. Some of us aren't affraid to live life, lets help the guy out, hes going to do it anyway.

It's funny till some dies and I seen it first hand.

Mike

You saw someone die by shooting a glue stick?  I doubt it.

There was a guy in 1995 that heated up wax put in bullet mold  to load for 1911 45 apc. He shot 2 of the wax bullets then loaded a clip of 45 acp fnj rounds in the his 1911. He pulled the trigger and the gun blew up, due to the the bullet stuck in the chamber, the case split open and hot gases set off rounds in the mag. He lost over half of his right hand and bones for his hit his littel boy in the face making blind in both eyes. This was the gun grabbers poster boy, they wanted anyone who manufuctured ammo (reloading) to goto a goverment run class at your cost.

Just show me in a reloading manual, glue stick bullets or wax bullets. If it's not in the manual don't do it. May be a newbe will try it and when somebody gets hurt or dead. May be the newbe will say, you guys on AR15.com told me to due it that way. That will be good for the shooting sport. Safety First!  

Mike  

I'm still having trouble with the host gases setting off rounds in the mag.  I'd have to ask how you know this to be true and what is the source of your information?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
PLAY is the key word. It's people like you that gives this sport a bad name and you should not have guns. Play time is for childern, that's the reason that they can not have a gun. That's IMHO.

Thiis Topic should be locked !

Mike

LOL, thats funny. Let the guy have some cheap fun. Some of us aren't affraid to live life, lets help the guy out, hes going to do it anyway.

It's funny till some dies and I seen it first hand.

Mike

You saw someone die by shooting a glue stick?  I doubt it.

There was a guy in 1995 that heated up wax put in bullet mold  to load for 1911 45 apc. He shot 2 of the wax bullets then loaded a clip of 45 acp fnj rounds in the his 1911. He pulled the trigger and the gun blew up, due to the the bullet stuck in the chamber, the case split open and hot gases set off rounds in the mag. He lost over half of his right hand and bones for his hit his littel boy in the face making blind in both eyes. This was the gun grabbers poster boy, they wanted anyone who manufuctured ammo (reloading) to goto a goverment run class at your cost.

Just show me in a reloading manual, glue stick bullets or wax bullets. If it's not in the manual don't do it. May be a newbe will try it and when somebody gets hurt or dead. May be the newbe will say, you guys on AR15.com told me to due it that way. That will be good for the shooting sport. Safety First!  

Mike  

I'm still having trouble with the host gases setting off rounds in the mag.  I'd have to ask how you know this to be true and what is the source of your information?

He said he saw it firsthand...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike  

This "bubby" of yours sounds like a real genius.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
All the positions have been heard.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top