Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I was wanting to do the same thing.   Geting the barrel cut and threaded would be no big deal, but if the gas port needs opened that would be hit and miss unit the specs on the factory
10 inch gun were available.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
i emailed bob and he stated that they can not bring in barrels from overseas, so best bet is a CMMG like company that will make a SBR barrel for you

ashame because that long as barrel makes the rifle look retarded,

also whats the fun of having a QD barrrel if no other option are availble
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The SCAR interests me less and less.  Robinson is already working on a PDW upper for the XCR, has 3 different calibers currently available, and has a new stock in the works.  You can even order short barrels from the factory without being accused of being a terrorist or voiding your warranty.  

I admire FN because they really do make good weapons, but they are a lot like HK when it comes to what they give civilians.  I'm sure the SCAR 16S will hold up well in carbine courses, range trips, and everything else people put it through, but it's kinda disappointing (at least to me) that it's not as modular as the ACR or XCR.  Maybe FN will prove me wrong and offer 6.8 conversions a few months down the line.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in the top ten of a waiting list at my local store but got the call today that there are delays & msrp increase that is to be tbd.
Think I should stay on the list or take my deposit and order an xcr?
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was in the top ten of a waiting list at my local store but got the call today that there are delays & msrp increase that is to be tbd.

I'm annoyed. Today I went to my dealer and his SCAR orders have fallen completely off the grid despite his purchasing a crap load of FN products. He says he has no idea when FN will actually fulfill his SCAR orders. And people are always quick to brag about FN's manufacturing capability.

Also, the retail on a standard package is $2800 which I believe is a price increase from the special edition package.

Thankfully, I own an XCR, so I don't have to choose.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree. We bought an FN package which was suppose to entitle us to 3 SCARS. We laid out the money, recieved all the hard to sell FN products that FN cant move and...nothing. Our distributor says we have to deal direct with FN and FN...is out to lunch. They refuse to return phone calls, emails, etc. But hey, they managed to con us into moving 12K worth of their crap..
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I agree. We bought an FN package which was suppose to entitle us to 3 SCARS. We laid out the money, recieved all the hard to sell FN products that FN cant move and...nothing. Our distributor says we have to deal direct with FN and FN...is out to lunch. They refuse to return phone calls, emails, etc. But hey, they managed to con us into moving 12K worth of their crap..

That is exactly how my dealer described the situation. He was super annoyed because now he was stuck with lots of unpopular FN inventory, and zero SCAR's and FN is completely ignoring him.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Annoyed is an understatement. Its a small shop and I personally bankrolled the Dealer Select package for my friend. You mnight give me the contact info for your dealer. If FN doesnt come thru Im considering a bit of legal action.  I have emailed, called, etc for 2 months now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Get the XCR. You won't regret it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2009 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly how my dealer described the situation. He was super annoyed because now he was stuck with lots of unpopular FN inventory, and zero SCAR's and FN is completely ignoring him.

So what exactly do you have to buy from FN to get the SCAR? 3 Five_seveNs, a PS90, a FS2000 and a 5 FNP9's or something?

I don't think SCARs are that amazing.  Your paying about a $2k+ premium over a good AR for a folding stock, yellow duracoat and a gas piston.

AR is lighter and with the aftermarket stuff you can put full rail forearms on it and use A3 receiver.  You can also install a gas piston if direct inpingement is that much of an issue. You can also put excellent triggers on ARs.  Oh yeah and 1/4+ the price.

Saying that - if i was a millionaire i would get one
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#11]
To get 3 SCAR rifles you have to buy:

1 FS2000
1 PS90
2 FN AR rifles
2 of the new Semi Auto Tac Shotguns
one Five-Seven pistol
I believe it was 3-4 more semi auto pistols

I think Im leaving something out but thats the gist of it. The handguns arent hard to move, fairly good deals on the FNP line but the long guns are slow as mollassas.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To get 3 SCAR rifles you have to buy:

1 FS2000
1 PS90
2 FN AR rifles
2 of the new Semi Auto Tac Shotguns
one Five-Seven pistol
I believe it was 3-4 more semi auto pistols

I think Im leaving something out but thats the gist of it. The handguns arent hard to move, fairly good deals on the FNP line but the long guns are slow as mollassas.
Very interesting. FN drive a hard bargain.

I would think the PS90 and FS2000 would not be too bad to shift with Obamania.  I seen why the handguns would be fairly good sellers, the FNP are also fairly cheap, esp. compared to HK!  I just wish the FNP45 had a slide release that I could operate as easily as others.

I understand why the auto shotguns and AR rifles would be hard to move tho.  The FN AR is basically just a Browning BAR with a pistol grip and 10 round mag and I think I read the SLP shotguns are Winchester etc, but whatever the Mossberg 930 SPX does everything they do for $550.

I was wondering whether FN had risen their wholesale price, or whether it was distributors...Looking at PS90s last year, prices were approx. $1300.  Now the VERY cheapest I have seen is $400 more (with some local dealers putting up a price of $2500).

Although all this stuff is really expensive!!! Anybody remember when you could get an AK for 300 bucks?
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
They have jumped their wholesale prices on the long guns by a good bit. They are all good guns but its hard to get that kind of cash out of the FN AR and I mean..900 bills for the shotgun? The wholesale on the PS90 has jumped up to around 1500 bucks. The hardest thing to sell has surprisingly been the FS2000
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting that the FS2000 has been slow selling.  I think it's because really it's a European style rifle, not having a bolt hold open or drop free mags puts people off.  But FN made it to compete with the likes of AUG, SA80 and FAMAS.  I think with bullpups, you either love em or hate em!  I am very close to picking one up myself, the only thing which is a bit off putting is the weight at nearly 8lbs, however the space-age cool factor and all the tech in it sure makes up for it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Interesting that the FS2000 has been slow selling.  I think it's because really it's a European style rifle, not having a bolt hold open or drop free mags puts people off.  But FN made it to compete with the likes of AUG, SA80 and FAMAS.  I think with bullpups, you either love em or hate em!  I am very close to picking one up myself, the only thing which is a bit off putting is the weight at nearly 8lbs, however the space-age cool factor and all the tech in it sure makes up for it!

FN products are not moving where I shop. When all the AR15 gear flew off the shelves, the FS2000, PS90, and FN AR didnt go anywhere. This is  a source of agitation for my dealer, given he has inventory, but no SCAR's
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FN products are not moving where I shop. When all the AR15 gear flew off the shelves, the FS2000, PS90, and FN AR didnt go anywhere. This is  a source of agitation for my dealer, given he has inventory, but no SCAR's

There has been a PS90 and FS2000 at my local shop for over 2 years and they keep raising the price.

Link Posted: 4/7/2009 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There has been a PS90 and FS2000 at my local shop for over 2 years and they keep raising the price.

I am surprised, one of the local shops has moved 6 P90s that I know of in the last 2 weeks.

Granted four people that bought them plan on SBRing them as soon as their paperwork clears
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am surprised, one of the local shops has moved 6 P90s that I know of in the last 2 weeks.

Granted four people that bought them plan on SBRing them as soon as their paperwork clears

Hope they relize it's like 6 months on NFA paperwork now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2009 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[

Hope they relize it's like 6 months on NFA paperwork now.

Sadly yes

Link Posted: 4/8/2009 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Is the SCAR really $6000.00? Whew....
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I admire FN because they really do make good weapons, but they are a lot like HK when it comes to what they give civilians.  

Yeah, they're like HK.  Except they actually make and sell semi auto versions of their military weapons to civilians in the US.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#22]
My local gunshop just had one SCAR show up a week or so ago, nice rifle, but at the $2600 price tag I was not that impressed.  Sub $2k maybe, sub $1500 hell ya,

I got no problem with FN shipping them first to higher end stocking dealers.  If Pres Zero doesn't ban them and production grows then they can wholesell out to everyone else.

Besides you don't go to a Kia dealer to buy a Benz.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#23]
and to add, the local gunshop can't keep FN's in stock, PS90, Bolt guns, 5.7, etc sell like hot cakes, FS2000 is a bit slower, but still moves.

I love my OD Green FS2000, bought one of the first batches and glad I did ;o)

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, the PS90 is going for almost $1900 and the FS2000 is around $2400.  I wont even tell you what they want for one of those kimber 8400 advanced tactical sand camo rifles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#25]
H&K sucks as far as taking care of the US civi shooter . I have a FS 2000 , Pre ban Aug and recently bought a Aug A3.  The only reason I bought the 2000 and the A3 is because any company with the balls to sell these type of weapons in the US deserves alot of sales from the US shooter.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought my FS2000 Standard with built in 1.6 optic a few months ago....$1700 and change brand new.  Bought it at the Parris Island MCRD gun shop at the PX...tax free to boot.  

Mgr of the store told me they had to buy several FS2000's to get the SCAR's...so I got a great deal on the FS2000.  Love it too.  

My FS2000 is the same length as my H&K Mp-5....to put in perspective as to how compact it is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top