User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I am an FFL holder and I open my customer's guns for 3 reasons:  First to verify the serial number, second to verify that the correct product is in the box (yes, I have found several mistakes w/ regard to finish, stocks, bbl length, etc.) and third to verify that no damage occurred to the gun during shipping.  If whatever my customer ordered is wrong or is damaged I can send it back and save him or her another trip back to me.  Helps save the customer time when they come to pick up their goodies.

As an aside, if you don't trust the dealer you are using go somewhere else.  Most "gun folks" are nice, honest people but if you feel that you are getting ripped off you can put an unscrupulous dealer out-o-bidness by hitting him where it hurts....the bottom line.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used three different FFLs in three different states.  They have all opened the boxes before arrival.  Who knows what they did before I got there...but I've never had any problems.  I do get tired of paying $25-$50 for what seems to me as no more than 10 minutes of work.  That equals a higher hourly rate than any other profession I can think of besides lawyers and doctors.  Is there something more that I'm missing besides a  few log entries and NICS check?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
heh, quite a bit??
please do tell....

and only tell us about the actually transfer work, not the hassles of being an ffl. the actual work.. :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top