BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well I got my conversion kit in from topnotch today. I had dyed the upper yesterday so all I had to do today was swap the trigger group, mill out clearance for the magwell and shorten the stock. Putting the trigger group in the new stock was probablly the hardest part since I had forgetten how it went together. Christ the thing is like a swiss watch!

So anyhow it came out really nice in my opinion. Cuttung out that small square in the folder shortened the stock about 2 inches. It feels much nicer now.

www.hunt101.com/img/384730.JPG

How did you re-attach the two halves of the stock?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I knocked out the rollpin holding the folder on and then sawed it in half where the small rectangle was originally. Then I milled both pieces down flat. I put two small 1/8" dowel pin holes in each piece so that they would mate together  symmetrically. Then I drilled a clearence hole in the stock end for a hex head wood screw and drilled the screw hole on the hinge end so that they could be screwed together.

Before assembly of the two pieces I added a layer of Goop to each surface and then screwed together. Im confident it will hold up in normal conditions. I'll get some close up pics later on so you can see how I did it.

The stock height is about the same as it was originally.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]

When I first got her she was a crappy ass kitchen table conversion.  Crudely milled reciever and improperly attached FH.  Sent it to HDPS for rework and now it's my pride and joy.  US floorplates and followers by TRBostic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
US floorplates and followers by TRBostic.

Not familiar with TRBostic - do you have a link to these?

TIA,
- Jerry
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
dumb question for those guys here with conversions...

Did you guys shell out the $380 for the G36 magwell IN ADDITION to the Special Weapons $400 kit?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a link to the original thread at HKPro.  Not sure if he has any left.

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=279311&Forum=All_Forums&Words=followers&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=277705&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=3&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post279311

dumb question for those guys here with conversions...

Did you guys shell out the $380 for the G36 magwell IN ADDITION to the Special Weapons $400 kit?

The G36 magwell should only cost about $50, that's what I paid for mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top