Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:47:49 PM EDT
Looks like it's finally out, albeit an exclusive through Zev for now.  http://www.zevtechnologies.com/kraken

I've been intrigued by this can for about a year now and forgot about it pretty much till I watched a clip on its performance today. Holy crap it's quiet! Only downside is all but the blast baffle is aluminum. Shielded yes, so they shouldn't get too dirty but being able to throw them in the dip woulda been nice. I'm guessing it's designed more for pistol hosts than sub guns being as light as it is.

Quick clip from NFA review https://instagram.com/p/BZq8idSAtRN/
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
They should list a price if they really want to sell some but it does seem quiet. The one I handled felt very light.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds awesome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
CMCGOV is listing them for $879.  Must be logged in to see price, but not letting you order one yet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$879. 
View Quote
Is that MSRP?

Seems kinda high.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Competition is good but typical Zev pricing
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MSRP is $925. 
View Quote
Wow. I guess if it sounds as good as the video shows it may be worth the extra price.

I want to know more about the 22LR M9.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw that Hansohn Bro's has these in stock, so maybe they can answer this. Is it modular, one of the pictures on your site looks like a section can be removed? How does this thing actually sound relative to what's on the market right now, tyrant 9m and the popular 45's at the moment?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just saw that Hansohn Bro's has these in stock, so maybe they can answer this. Is it modular, one of the pictures on your site looks like a section can be removed? How does this thing actually sound relative to what's on the market right now, tyrant 9m and the popular 45's at the moment?
View Quote
Not modular. From what NFA review channel briefly said, its as low as 111db with 168gr? Ammo on a g17. Crazy if true.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not modular. From what NFA review channel briefly said, its as low as 111db with 168gr? Ammo on a g17. Crazy if true.
View Quote
No chance it gets to 111db. That’s the best .22 silencers get to 111db and most don’t do that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No chance it gets to 111db. That’s the best .22 silencers get to 111db and most don’t do that.
View Quote
I'm just quoting what first hand users claim... don't have access to a Kraken yet but it sounds promising and I'm eager to try one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to see what the baffle stack looks like. Must be some next level wizardry to obtain that DB level.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I want to see what the baffle stack looks like. Must be some next level wizardry to obtain that DB level.
View Quote

ETA: baffles look similar to the hydra.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shot wet, not enough powder to cycle, etc. I doubt 111 though
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the pic. Didn’t think to look on Zevs website.

Wish the baffles were all stainless or titanium.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#18]
It got metered on a Beretta at the NFAtalk silencer shoot in Georgia this year
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok aaaannnnnnddddd the numbers were? What was it compared to? What ammo and equipment was used? Need more info. Need more than “it got metered on a Beretta at the NFAtalk silencer shoot in Georgia this year.”
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok aaaannnnnnddddd the numbers were? What was it compared to? What ammo and equipment was used? Need more info. Need more than “it got metered on a Beretta at the NFAtalk silencer shoot in Georgia this year.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really? That pisses me off I live about 10 min from that range and knew nothing about it. Seen some pics floating around and assumed they had some sort of shoot their.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have anymore information about these?  Anymore reviews/metering?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I've seen that video already.  I was hoping someone had gotten a hold of one and did some metering.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
This can really has my attention but it is certainly steep...
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wonder what the poi shift is with the asymmetrical clip, sure sounds quiet though
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#26]
The fact that the company only releases dB numbers using 165gr ammo is a huge red flag.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The fact that the company only releases dB numbers using 165gr ammo is a huge red flag.
View Quote
It's definitely not a positive sign
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#28]
@HansonBrothers have you all had a chance to shoot this can yet?  If so your thoughts/impressions?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@HansonBrothers have you all had a chance to shoot this can yet?  If so your thoughts/impressions?
View Quote
@HansohnBrothers
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I talked about this suppressor with one of the CGS employees over at the M4Carbine forums, it started off from my comments on their centrefire calibre suppressor claims.

Which I doubted.

Our DUAL .22 rimfire suppressor is very effective, doing c. 116-117 dB with sub sonic ammo 1 m to the side of the muzzle.

So I highly doubt any claims of sub 120 dB with a 9 mm suppressor.

Like I doubted the sub 120 dB claims of that one particular AR suppressor on the forums here and folks may remember how that turned out.

All props to any of the colleague companies in this industry.

However there are just certain sound pressure levels that no manufacturer has yet reached on a particular weapon / calibre and when someone comes in with 10+ dB improvements, it does bring about doubts.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Apparently from what I was told, it was tested wet, and with hush  (under pressure loaded 9mm ammo).  So the SPL cant be compared to other category products.  The typical products are tested with full power 147 grain ammo and dry with no ablative media in the suppressor.
View Quote
Very disappointing if true. I don’t like to play games, don’t deceive and just call it like it is.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Apparently from what I was told, it was tested wet, and with hush (under pressure loaded 9mm ammo). So the SPL cant be compared to other category products. The typical products are tested with full power 147 grain ammo and dry with no ablative media in the suppressor.
View Quote
Sounds like Snake Oil salesmanship to me.

It is also very deceptive to suppressor newbies who shop based on numbers and rumors.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll have to do that this weekend.  CZP07 with AE 147s ok?
View Quote
However you want to do it is fine with me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sounds like Snake Oil salesmanship to me.

It is also very deceptive to suppressor newbies who shop based on numbers and rumors.
View Quote
Agreed. I'm no newbie but even I can sometimes miss the details like ammo selection etc.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Agreed. I'm no newbie but even I can sometimes miss the details like ammo selection etc.
View Quote
Experienced people will generally pick up on the obvious trickery but, even an 'old salt' will occasionally miss a detail or two, at least I have ...
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I shot it at the nfa review expo and it was very quite but the rep couldn’t tell me what’s the dB levels were as she didn’t know and there was no meter there as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I shot it at the nfa review expo and it was very quite but the rep couldn’t tell me what’s the dB levels were as she didn’t know and there was no meter there as well.
View Quote
Which ammo was used? (brand and weight)
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A video was just posted by NFA review, CGS is claiming 114 dB with 165 grain hush

EDIT: They also only ever show the meter

Link Posted: 12/14/2017 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#41]
you have my fucking attention!
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Never tested the Kraken wet. 10 shot averages with a dry can meter 114 consistently with Hush 165. We totally get that those are better than most rimfire numbers. They are actually better than our Hydra SS and AL numbers by a fairly significant margin. Those are our numbers our meter etc Take them for what they are. We all live in a world of deceptive marketing practices especially when it comes to the suppressor industry.

Hansohn Brothers did some 3rd party testing with American Eagle 147 dry of course and it metered 120 avg for them on the cz host. We have a Sphinx at the shop that we did some initial testing with and it was the loudest host we used. We shot the kraken on Sig, Glock, HK, and Beretta. I believe the beretta and HK VP9 were the quietest hosts.

If you don’t think Freedom Munitions Hush 165 will get you from 120 to 114 you have never fired any. It’s insanely quiet purpose built ammunition for suppressor use.

Our Hydra 22 can meters 120 with 22 lr subs on a ruger 22/45 host. It is so quiet we actually had to go back to the drawing board on the rimfire can all together. I mean what silencer company has a 9mm can that’s quieter than their 22 can?

Why use Freedom Munitions Hush Ammo because we have yet to find a quieter combination. We assumed that ultra quiet is what most folks want out of their can to begin with so why not cut to the chase.

Also Jeremy and the fellas at Freedom Munitions have been super good to us providing a lot of the ammo we used for testing as well as for the various shoots we have attended thus far. Made sense for us to give them credit for this as it really is the very quietest ammunition we have found that will reliably cycle the slide on a semi auto.

Your personal experience with that ammunition in your particular firearm may differ and you can certainly fire any 9mm ammunition you would like through the Kraken and expect phenomenal results.

We welcome you to seek out data from other sources. Just remember this is the internet so ymmv. The internet is a place where no one has to be accountable for their words. It’s where you may hear stuff like the “Someone told me they shot it wet” nonsense above.

From what I have seen thus far out of the guys at Hansohn Brothers they are running a legitimate mil spec test.  I would definitely consider them a fantastic source for sound testing data and excellent spot to purchase a Kraken.  We have more in stock and ready to form if they run out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]
NFATalk.org metered it this summer with 147 and 165.

Data on their running spreadsheet
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Never tested the Kraken wet. 10 shot averages with a dry can meter 114 consistently with Hush 165. We totally get that those are better than most rimfire numbers. They are actually better than our Hydra SS and AL numbers by a fairly significant margin. Those are our numbers our meter etc Take them for what they are. We all live in a world of deceptive marketing practices especially when it comes to the suppressor industry.

Hansohn Brothers did some 3rd party testing with American Eagle 147 dry of course and it metered 120 avg for them on the cz host. We have a Sphinx at the shop that we did some initial testing with and it was the loudest host we used. We shot the kraken on Sig, Glock, HK, and Beretta. I believe the beretta and HK VP9 were the quietest hosts.

If you don’t think Freedom Munitions Hush 165 will get you from 120 to 114 you have never fired any. It’s insanely quiet purpose built ammunition for suppressor use.

Our Hydra 22 can meters 120 with 22 lr subs on a ruger 22/45 host. It is so quiet we actually had to go back to the drawing board on the rimfire can all together. I mean what silencer company has a 9mm can that’s quieter than their 22 can?

Why use Freedom Munitions Hush Ammo because we have yet to find a quieter combination. We assumed that ultra quiet is what most folks want out of their can to begin with so why not cut to the chase.

Also Jeremy and the fellas at Freedom Munitions have been super good to us providing a lot of the ammo we used for testing as well as for the various shoots we have attended thus far. Made sense for us to give them credit for this as it really is the very quietest ammunition we have found that will reliably cycle the slide on a semi auto.

Your personal experience with that ammunition in your particular firearm may differ and you can certainly fire any 9mm ammunition you would like through the Kraken and expect phenomenal results.

We welcome you to seek out data from other sources. Just remember this is the internet so ymmv. The internet is a place where no one has to be accountable for their words. It’s where you may hear stuff like the “Someone told me they shot it wet” nonsense above.

From what I have seen thus far out of the guys at Hansohn Brothers they are running a legitimate mil spec test.  I would definitely consider them a fantastic source for sound testing data and excellent spot to purchase a Kraken.  We have more in stock and ready to form if they run out.
View Quote
Hansohn Brothers is absolutely trustworthy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Yup, they certainly are. They're great people.

Quoted:

Hansohn Brothers is absolutely trustworthy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Yup, I heard that digital one is going on eBay lol.

Quoted:
Chris Hanson is very good. His meter is not. He will be getting a MilSpec meter as soon as he can find one. He has seen the light with his own side by side test of meters.

I'm not questioning the Kraken. I heard one with the Hush ammo this week. It sounded awesome.  The picture posted was with a 2209 so it should be good to go.

Bobby is straight forward good guy.  Hey Mr West  why don't you send me one of those please for my Glock. Really!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#48]
As soon as I get mine, I will test with my not mil spec Larson Davis and I will do it side by side with the obsidian and mask. I’ll post all 3 numbers and we will see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Ray

That would be my pleasure brother.

I will form one out to you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top