Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed them as well and got a super fast reply.

"Thank you for your inquiry.  The level III+ SRT rifle plate on Botach is the PE/ceramic hybrid, and the plate is pressed at our factory in China.  If you want to see the ballistic data, I would be glad to send it to you."

Sucks they are advertising it as "made in usa"
View Quote

Agreed. On the plus side, I've yet to see an independent test where a Battle Steel plate failed to stop its rated threat.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My Level 4s just came in today confirmed to be multicurve and packed well. Yeah I am bit back and forth about the credibility of a 100 dollar plate but seems that there is at least a good amount of consumer testing of these at this point and comparable plates at least in weight seem to be in the 300 dollar range which is a bit out of college student budget.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Agreed. On the plus side, I've yet to see an independent test where a Battle Steel plate failed to stop its rated threat.

Tomac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Thank you for your inquiry.  The level III+ SRT rifle plate on Botach is the PE/ceramic hybrid, and the plate is pressed at our factory in China.  If you want to see the ballistic data, I would be glad to send it to you."

Tomac

They are probably skirting the made in USA vs China with pressing occouring in china and then doing the finish work here in the US, such as coating, and labeling, maybe some minor triming and QA inspections before coating.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They are probably skirting the made in USA vs China with pressing occouring in china and then doing the finish work here in the US, such as coating, and labeling, maybe some minor triming and QA inspections before coating.
View Quote

This is increasingly common as a result of the Trump Tariffs from last year.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
So odd question.  
I ordered 2 of the 10x12 III+ plates.  They say it weighs 4.20 lbs on the website.  
USPS says it weighs 7lbs.

Not delivered till Tuesday.

How does that work?  The same people that weigh packages, they counting ballots?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Yup.  Like the car company that would send the engine in the back of the truck. “Assembled in the USA”
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
For anyone still shopping there is a new code for 15% off mw152020  L4 Plates are $102 shipped with code.  EDIT: LAPD IV Plates my mistake
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For anyone still shopping there is a new code for 15% off mw152020  L4 Plates are $102 shipped with code.
View Quote

Dam I guess I got mine a week too early oh well, 102 for these is a pretty great deal I would say.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one of the black plate carriers that were made for the Saudi Royal guard a couple years ago, and I never got around to buying any armor. Are the level III+ plates from Botach worth buying? They show plenty in stock.
I am over 60, and live in the boonies, so I most likely won't be going out looking for trouble, but might head to VA if they are going to have another shindig this coming lobby day.
The pockets in this carrier seem to be rectangular, and about 10x12 inches in size. will they hold a shooters cut without shifting around? I suppose I can spray paint it if I want something other than black.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if botach make 11x14 multi-curve plates?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So odd question.  
I ordered 2 of the 10x12 III+ plates.  They say it weighs 4.20 lbs on the website.  
USPS says it weighs 7lbs.

Not delivered till Tuesday.

How does that work?  The same people that weigh packages, they counting ballots?
View Quote

My postal scale says the III+ single-curve plates weigh 4lbs 9oz each.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one of the black plate carriers that were made for the Saudi Royal guard a couple years ago, and I never got around to buying any armor. Are the level III+ plates from Botach worth buying? They show plenty in stock.
I am over 60, and live in the boonies, so I most likely won't be going out looking for trouble, but might head to VA if they are going to have another shindig this coming lobby day.
The pockets in this carrier seem to be rectangular, and about 10x12 inches in size. will they hold a shooters cut without shifting around? I suppose I can spray paint it if I want something other than black.
View Quote

Even though they cost more and weigh a little more ($150 v $130 and 5lbs vs 4lbs 9oz) I would suggest their III+ multicurve plates as they're more comfortable to wear and have an additional 2mm of PE backing.
I'm 65 and went w/the III+ multicurve as the best balance between protection, comfort & weight (YMMV).

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Would you buy both front and rear multicurve?
Back when I was a cop, I got to watch the second chance guy shoot himself live, that guy was nuts. That was close to 40 years ago.
This Inventor Shot Himself to Market His Invention
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if botach make 11x14 multi-curve plates?
View Quote

Lvl4 they do.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Could someone post the real weights of the single and multi curve 3+'s 10x12? I have a set of the 4s, but want some 3+s for a lightweight carrier. I can't decide between the lighter single curve listed as 4.2 and the multi listed at 5. But I feel like I've seen the single curve posted as heavier here before.

The fours are multi, is the comfort level vs single really worth the extra weight?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The fours are multi, is the comfort level vs single really worth the extra weight?
View Quote

Owning both single and multi-curve, definitely!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they both the battle steels? If so could you weigh them possibly?

I'm just so torn. The whole reason I'm getting these is weight reduction from the multi curve 4s I have. I wish I could try on a pair, I'm a fairly skinny dude.

They list them as
4  6 lbs
3+  multi 5 lbs
3+ single 4.2 lbs

That's a pretty big difference when weight is concerned. But I've never worn a single curve, only flat and multi.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are they both the battle steels? If so could you weigh them possibly?
I'm just so torn. The whole reason I'm getting these is weight reduction from the multi curve 4s I have. I wish I could try on a pair, I'm a fairly skinny dude.
They list them as
4  6 lbs
3+  multi 5 lbs
3+ single 4.2 lbs
That's a pretty big difference when weight is concerned. But I've never worn a single curve, only flat and multi.
View Quote

@300Blackout_Drunk
Their III+ single-curve weighs 4lbs 9oz as per my own scale.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Could someone post the real weights of the single and multi curve 3+'s 10x12? I have a set of the 4s, but want some 3+s for a lightweight carrier. I can't decide between the lighter single curve listed as 4.2 and the multi listed at 5. But I feel like I've seen the single curve posted as heavier here before.

View Quote

As per my own scale:
Single curve III+ = 4lbs 9oz
Multicurve III+ = 5lbs

At a minimum I would do multicurve front/single-curve back but multicurve front & back is the most comfortable.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As per my own scale:
Multicurve III+ = 5lbs

At a minimum I would do multicurve front/single-curve back but multicurve front & back is the most comfortable.

Tomac
View Quote

Well, that's a lot less of a difference than I thought. About 3/4 lb isn't enough to go single from the sound of it.  Multicurve it is, thanks I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, that's a lot less of a difference than I thought. About 3/4 lb isn't enough to go single from the sound of it.  Multicurve it is, thanks I appreciate it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As per my own scale:
Multicurve III+ = 5lbs

Tomac

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For anyone still shopping there is a new code for 15% off mw152020  L4 Plates are $102 shipped with code.
View Quote

Code doesnt work

Maybe it's a typo on your part?

Ready to pull the trigger on a pair of plates
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Code doesnt work

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Code doesnt work

Yeah, didn't work for me either.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]
They are on their game.

Item was out of stock yesturday, in stock by morning, I ordered, and 16 hours later I get a tracking number.

Two of the $99 specials for a budget setup.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They are on their game.

Item was out of stock yesturday, in stock by morning, I ordered, and 16 hours later I get a tracking number.

Two of the $99 specials for a budget setup.
View Quote

That is an improvement, but see how long it takes to get to your door....and see if they've learned how to cushion the fucking plates instead of using a cheap wrap in a tiny box that's ripped to hell when it arrives.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That is an improvement, but see how long it takes to get to your door....and see if they've learned how to cushion the fucking plates instead of using a cheap wrap in a tiny box that's ripped to hell when it arrives.
View Quote

I've had 5 plate orders from them, packing ranged from good to poor but all arrived undamaged.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was actually expecting at least a week before I get a shipping notice. So they are already ahead of my schedule

Fingers crossed for damage free products
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been sitting on "shipping label created" for a week now
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Code doesnt work

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Code doesnt work

Yeah I screwed up and posted in wrong thread, Sorry. The LAPD Lvl IV plates (that are normally $119 and slightly larger at 9.85 x 11.8") are $102 shipped with the code, they were normally more expensive than the Battle Steel Botach ones.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Is that code still good I couldn't get it to work just now?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is that code still good I couldn't get it to work just now?
View Quote

Looks like now expired.  They send out a LAPGDAY5 10% coupon this morning but haven't tested it, also there is TXTDL105 10% which could be targeted to specific accounts (?).  I did get the plates for $102, they are in transit now, right when I posted coupon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I ordered a set of the $99 Level III plates yesterday (11-04-20) with free shipping. I had messaged Botach previously, asking about the plates and was told they "have a slight multi curve to them" but their Level III+ plates were a true multi curve. The free shipping sealed my decision.
View Quote

Well, the Level III plates I ordered arrived yesterday (11-20-20). The are extremely light but are single curve. I purchased these for my son. If he want's, I'll swap him one of my multi-curve Level 4 Botach plates. That way we can both run a multi-curve Level 4 up front with a single curve Level III on our back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Any word or thoughts on the soft plates?

I was  probably going to order 2 lvl 4 11/14's and thought about grabbing a couple cheap soft plates while I am at it.  Pre Covid and hopefully post Covid I DJ and i really wouldn't mind one in my bag or maybe a concealable carrier.  Bars are a dangers place to be, been 3 shootings and three different bars since I have DJed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered one of their Level IIIA 10x12 panels. It is extremely thin and light. I really expected it to be thicker. I ordered it to put in the front of my Level II soft armor since my carrier has a pocket for an extra panel and extra protection never hurts.

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iiia-10x12-ballistic-flexible-panels-shooters-cut/
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Well I got my LBT carrier showing to be her tomorrow and orders 2 11/14 LVL 4 plates and 2 11/14 3A soft armor.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks like now expired.  They send out a LAPGDAY5 10% coupon this morning but haven't tested it, also there is TXTDL105 10% which could be targeted to specific accounts (?).  I did get the plates for $102, they are in transit now, right when I posted coupon.
View Quote
Don't forget Buffman is active all the time 10% off :D
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone put these plates in a daedon a.s.s.?

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Edited for spelling
View Quote

I will try when ever my ASS comes in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I ordered two of the Battle Steel Level 4 plates. Ordered from B****H Tactical on Friday.

We will see if/when they ship.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I ordered two of the Battle Steel Level 4 plates. Ordered from B****H Tactical on Friday.

We will see if/when they ship.
View Quote

I've ordered 5 sets of plates from them. First took 21 days, the others took 5-9 days from ordering to delivery. Good luck!

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've ordered 5 sets of plates from them. First took 21 days, the others took 5-9 days from ordering to delivery. Good luck!

Tomac
View Quote

5 sets....to go with your 5 MSAR's?  You just made the list buddy!

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tomac
View Quote

Order Status changed to "Shipped" four days ago. However, the UPS tracking number shows "awaiting shipment". So who knows what's really going on.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Order Status changed to "Shipped" four days ago. However, the UPS tracking number shows "awaiting shipment". So who knows what's really going on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

My plates were awaiting shipment for about a week, they might be delayed with the holiday weekend last week and what ever ups blackfriday shit is going on. I havent heard of them not getting plates out recently.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my plates today
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine sat at "shipped" for two weeks before I cancelled.

I ordered the RF2 plates from Millitech and they arrived in exactly a week from ordering and we're packaged far better than Botachs "just toss the plates in a box and ship them".
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Welp, I finally got "Botached". Ordered a few items on 26SEP, all listed as "in stock". Some of you know where this is going.......

3 days later, one item changes to "out of stock". Over the next 2 months, items from my order took turns going out of stock, then coming back in, only to have another item go out of stock. Twice I contacted them to remove an out of stock item, hoping in vain that it would actually get the order moving. Nope, no such luck.

I'll give them this much....they cancelled my order and refunded my $ within ~15 mins of my emailing them.

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Welp, I finally got "Botached". Ordered a few items on 26SEP, all listed as "in stock". Some of you know where this is going.......

3 days later, one item changes to "out of stock". Over the next 2 months, items from my order took turns going out of stock, then coming back in, only to have another item go out of stock. Twice I contacted them to remove an out of stock item, hoping in vain that it would actually get the order moving. Nope, no such luck.

I'll give them this much....they cancelled my order and refunded my $ within ~15 mins of my emailing them.

View Quote

I'll never understand why so many businesses seem to add more trouble to themselves. If you're spending half of your time (or more) with unhappy customers, maybe it's your business model. Oh and my order "shipped" on Monday but UPS still doesn't know that. :)

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I ordered two plates from Botach today that said they had 60 in stock. Place your bets on whether I'll be Botached.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Edited for spelling
View Quote

I have the Botach lvl IV's in mine. Fit great
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top