BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are plenty of qd scout light mounts on the market.

Just one more reason this is awesome.
View Quote

Ah, didn't think of that - thanks homey!
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Are both models the same size/weight/footprint?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There are a couple of switch systems that will let you activate this IR illuminator and a laser simultaneously. So $1300 vs $2300 MAWL or $1500 D2.

KIJI $650
Steiner OTAL C IR- $500
TAPS SYNC- $150

View Quote

KIJI $650
Otal - $380 (eurooptics)
Mod button lite dual lead -$150

$1,180 honestly this looks like the best option as a civilian when you consider the cost and performance. I’ll take no slaved vis laser for all the upsides.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

KIJI $650
Otal - $380 (eurooptics)

$1,180 honestly this looks like the best option as a civilian when you consider the cost and performance. I'll take no slaved vis laser for all the upsides.
View Quote
Or upgrade the OTAL for cqbl to get vis laser.

Only downside is extra weight once you add a white light
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KIJI $650
Otal - $380 (eurooptics)

$1,180 honestly this looks like the best option as a civilian when you consider the cost and performance. I'll take no slaved vis laser for all the upsides.

Once you upgrade to the CQBL, how close are you to the expected cost of the Z-Bolt ACAL VCSEL C1+ ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Once you upgrade to the CQBL, how close are you to the expected cost of the Z-Bolt ACAL VCSEL C1+ ?
View Quote
You mean how does an actually available set up compare to a vaporware product?
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KIJI $650
Otal - $380 (eurooptics)

What is that expected cost?
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KIJI $650
Otal - $380 (eurooptics)

People have hinted that they know what the cost will be. I am not one of those bros :)
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are they even in stock anywhere? Trying to figure out how much it'd cost.

Seems like one of these KIJIs would pair well with something like a PERST4, no? I just don't know if it's possible to have both attached to the same switch.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are they even in stock anywhere? Trying to figure out how much it'd cost.

Seems like one of these KIJIs would pair well with something like a PERST4, no? I just don't know if it's possible to have both attached to the same switch.
View Quote
https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/steiner-cqbl-1-close-quarters-battle-laser-ir-visible-red/
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Alright, I bit the bullet and ordered a CQBL and a 3 degree KIJI.

I also ordered a dual lead modbutton, and will stack the KIJI with a DS00, giving me the option to run everything at the same time through the switch, or independently through the buttons.

Any ideas what the best way to mount my modlite weapon light and this on the same rail and keep them all as tight to the laser and each other?  Im not opposed to running one left or one right, but thinking about mounting them both on the right side and tuck them as close in as possible.

@everyindustrypartner
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Alright, I bit the bullet and ordered a CQBL and a 3 degree KIJI.

I also ordered a dual lead modbutton, and will stack the KIJI with a DS00, giving me the option to run everything at the same time through the switch, or independently through the buttons.

Any ideas what the best way to mount my modlite weapon light and this on the same rail and keep them all as tight to the laser and each other?  Im not opposed to running one left or one right, but thinking about mounting them both on the right side and tuck them as close in as possible.

@everyindustrypartner
View Quote

I was thinking the new swivel style pro bodies on the surefires would work great for that.

If not, the arisaka side scout mount and combination of another, possibly inline, mount  
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was thinking the new swivel style pro bodies on the surefires would work great for that.

If not, the arisaka side scout mount and combination of another, possibly inline, mount  
View Quote

Yeah, I guess my issue is without having run a CQBL before, I'm not sure what 1-2 o clock mount I can get away with to get it as close to the laser as possible.  The swivel mount would be great, but the issue I have with that is simply cost.

Ideally.....the echo arms ILM would be perfect- mount the illuminator head to that....then tuck my modlight right in underneath that.

But thats never in stock and who knows when they'll be back so yeah....
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
TNVC needs to work to get the Unity mount setup back in production.
View Quote

The Echo Arms light body works very nicely.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, I guess my issue is without having run a CQBL before, I'm not sure what 1-2 o clock mount I can get away with to get it as close to the laser as possible.  The swivel mount would be great, but the issue I have with that is simply cost.

Ideally.....the echo arms ILM would be perfect- mount the illuminator head to that....then tuck my modlight right in underneath that.

View Quote

Depending on which rail you have you can get a scout light body ungodly close to a CQBL. On a Geissele MK8 and an Arisaka inline MLOK mount the flare on the tailcap mates up perfectlyl with the CQBL body. The Echo Arms mount is actually further outboard.

I need to get a KIJI and play with all the different options.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was thinking the same.

I have a CQBL/KM1 head/DS00 tailcap for a PCC, but if you could swap in the KIJI head it would seem to be a legit rifle distance setup.

@TNVC_Augee or any other TNVC folks, is there an option to just purchase the KIJI head and filter, sans body and tailcap?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Indeed. I'm rather fond of the centerline pointers on the CQBL, very little impact from laser offset.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.

I have a CQBL/KM1 head/DS00 tailcap for a PCC, but if you could swap in the KIJI head it would seem to be a legit rifle distance setup.

@TNVC_Augee or any other TNVC folks, is there an option to just purchase the KIJI head and filter, sans body and tailcap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.

I believe I saw that eventually that will be an option.

I’m considering buying one as it’s currently configured and just putting the head on my rifle with CQBL and moving that head to another rifle.

Besides, how cool to get a BE Meyers 3V flashlight body?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone's KIJI shipped yet?

I ordered from Steele the day they were available.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone's KIJI shipped yet?

I ordered from Steele the day they were available.
View Quote

I don't believe they will hit dealers until after the holiday.

I think almost every dealer page that I looked at had noted they were expected to arrive on dealer shelves in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think almost every dealer page that I looked at had noted they were expected to arrive on dealer shelves in 2 weeks.
View Quote

Oof. Having flashbacks of packages taking 2 weeks to get to me when they'd have only took 3 days if not after black Friday.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oof. Having flashbacks of packages taking 2 weeks to get to me when they'd have only took 3 days if not after black Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can’t remember where I saw it, but steele mentioned shipping soon. If I find the post, I’ll screenshot it.

@Airborne_Infantryman

Was posted a couple days ago, so they probably mean this week.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m considering buying one as it’s currently configured and just putting the head on my rifle with CQBL and moving that head to another rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.

Meh, already have a couple flashlight bodies hanging around so if it could shed some bucks and avoid some clutter I'd prefer it, haha.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Meh, already have a couple flashlight bodies hanging around so if it could shed some bucks and avoid some clutter I'd prefer it, haha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same.

Sell em on the EE.
I do understand though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
My KIJI from Steele Industries just shipped. So they are at dealers now and shipping out.

They posted a story on their IG, and they have a TON of them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weaponoutfitters has had them since last week
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

They said in stock, but hadn't gotten them from BE Meyers till Wednesday.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine shipped yesterday from weapon outfitters

Had to call and get it switched from the 10 deg to 3 deg model before it shipped (thought I wanted the 10 degree but after the videos posted I went with 3 degree instead)..  with my luck I bet I get the 10 degree model
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Our units (a very large qty of them) are shipping out today and tomorrow!  Folks are REALLY gonna like this pocket rocket.  I was out with Matt Meyers several months ago at Pro Gun Club here in Nevada with Greenline Tactical when I first got to work the KIJI. I was immediately impressed with the performance in such a little light and wish I could have talked about it WAY early on but we were under NDA for our testing with the unit.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/Photo-Nov-11-23-18-49-2177032.png  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/Photo-Nov-11-23-20-05-2177031.png

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/KIJI3_01-2177033.jpg
View Quote

It would be nice to be able to purchase it directly in one of the configurations from your second pic.

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I received mine, going to be comparing to a Raid X tonight, maybe a couple others.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I received mine, going to be comparing to a Raid X tonight, maybe a couple others.
View Quote

Sweet. Looking forward to some more feedback from users. Photos would be appreciated if you have the opportunity.

If the feedback is positive, I plan on pairing it with a Perst 4 & modified dual lead switch
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Very impressed with the Kiji. Will post pictures when I go inside for the night. Compared it to the Raid, would’ve brought the Mawl but I didn’t want it banging around the dump pouch with the Kiji for a few hours.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#37]
No pics, but I got two of the 3 degree KIJI and I'm very happy with them.

It's pretty much the illuminator of my MAWL in long range mode, with a slightly wider beam.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I felt nostalgic for green, so the images are through my Unfilmed green RNVGs. I did the best I could, I was taking pictures through the goggles on the helmet on my head. The distances are roughly 150/200 yards - to about 700-800 yards. The first picture is no illumination, then the next are the Raid X at full power with the illuminator all the way open, at various distances. Then the Kiji at full power(I think) at various distances. Then the Raid X at full power with the illum tightened down as far as it goes. The last ones are the Kiji after the moon came out.

Can’t get Imgur to work
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I felt nostalgic for green, so the images are through my Unfilmed green RNVGs. I did the best I could, I was taking pictures through the goggles on the helmet on my head. The distances are roughly 150/200 yards - to about 700-800 yards. The first picture is no illumination, then the next are the Raid X at full power with the illuminator all the way open, at various distances. Then the Kiji at full power(I think) at various distances. Then the Raid X at full power with the illum tightened down as far as it goes. The last ones are the Kiji after the moon came out.

Can’t get Imgur to work
View Quote

Posting the following photos on behalf of @shreddingaxes , thanks for making these photos available to us

Sample of area non illuminated:
Attachment Attached File

“The first four illum pictures were the raid at widest divergence”

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Continued…

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#41]
then three of the raid at tightest divergence

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#42]
then Kiji once the moon came out

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

All at highest power settings on both lasers(I think the Kiji was on high). It’s a nice little unit. The pictures make it seem like it’s all bloomed out and too much divergence, but in real time it works great
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:14:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for doing that, I’m having technical difficulties with my phone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We are working on several package options.

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be nice to be able to purchase it directly in one of the configurations from your second pic.

~Augee

@TNVC_Augee @TNVC

Any plans to sell just the illuminator heads at some point? Would seem to pair nicely with the CQBL/light mount combo I already have...
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

I am also interested in this! Packages help us idiots know we're not likely making mistakes
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#47]
How does the KIJI compare to an M300V?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Well to judge from the photos, it flat kills it.  I would estimate something on the order of 4x the power.  

@TNVC: On the one pic with the IR and WL, and no LAM, I'm only seeing one Modlite button.  Is this a dual lead Modlite, that activates either illum, with the one not in use just switched/twisted off?  That would seem to be make a lot us sense to me, but Modlite insists on their website that the TAPS is more optimize for this.  

If you have a decent RDS set up, where you can use the reticle with your NVD, then having dual illum likes this (and maybe no LAM) makes a lot of sense.  Is this what you're T&E-ing here?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How does the KIJI compare to an M300V?
View Quote

It's a MAWL/PERST-3 in a handheld, M300V cries in the corner

MAWL Left / Kiji 3 Degree 150mW Right

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I think one of these, with the echo CQBL body, and a CQBL would be the ultimate setup. basically besting the Mawl for considerably less money in a compact single unit.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top