Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's somebody reselling FMV products, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that 5.56 FA rating.  Only so much potting can do, and at that price point I doubt the internals are any higher quality than Somogear's, nor the housing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Competitor to the somogear?

Full power laser/illuminator claiming it’s full auto rated for $350?

https://imgur.com/a/k518CHu

Full auto rated tested by whom?

It's somebody reselling FMV products, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that 5.56 FA rating.  Only so much potting can do, and at that price point I doubt the internals are any higher quality than Somogear's, nor the housing.

That’s kind of what I was alluding to. I also doubt the internals are “full auto” rated. I’d love to be proven wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That would be a completely different design, these are copies of the atpial which uses the  exact same mounting system.
View Quote
wow. what trash
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The unit I bought back in March has stopped functioning

I believe what happened was it was leaned up against a table. Rifle fell and smacked the somo on the top. In fact I think it happened a few times. I also had some nasty oversized cast round and mortared the rifle quite a bit so that maybe a contributing factor but I believe the fall from the table did it in.

Stopped functioning with the switch. The top button would sorta work if you pressed it extremely hard but that stopped functioning too

It almost seemed to 'power up' vs be at the correct power at the get go when I could get it to function

I never potted the unit and this was before they offered the service

I have contacted them to see what theyll do. If nothing Ill pop it open and see what failed

I of course tried fresh batteries first but I believe the impact busted something interally

Interestingly enough I when I could get it to power on it did seem to be at the same zero
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Heh, wonder how good this is...

CNC Metal MAWL

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I found the issue with mine from my post just a few up

The battery compartment has broken loose. Maybe from overtorquing the cap or from the fall as previously described

I found it spins and I have got it working again. Needs glued in place or something fixed internally but it does operate again
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Somo sending me a new laser

They definitely seem to stand behind their products
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s what I did. There was a slight wiggle when it was mounted and the zero was moving 6-8 feet at 100 yards with me just tapping on it with my knuckles. I tried to tighten it a bit more and I heard it crack.
View Quote

When i initially put mine on I torqued it to 30ish inch pounds and was semi surprised I didn't break it after reading later that you are supposed to tighten them to what ends up being closer to 10.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Somo sending me a new laser

They definitely seem to stand behind their products
View Quote
They do seem quite receptive to feedback and support their products. I don't own one but seeing as how they're explicitly noted as being airport products, don't think we have much of a leg to stand on if (when?) They fail on real guns. I'm not saying you are complaining to be clear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The actual PEQ-15 has the identical attachment method as the somogear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for what these things cost it really should have a full metal mount. going half metal is BS and really made me sad when mine showed up.

The actual PEQ-15 has the identical attachment method as the somogear.

I saw a private break a brand new PEQ-15 by overtightening the mount screw the first day we got them.  Definitely not a great mount design.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw some mention of a FMA LA5-C clone w/ 25mw laser 45mw illum that is "5.56mm Full Auto Rated(not airsoft recoil version)".  

https://www.tacswap.com/post/62bf556bef8695000ba3aa46

Any of you guys hear or try it out?  $350 and ships in a couple weeks.  I already grabbed as somogear peq so I think I'm good on airsoft lasers for now, but may reconsider if these actually hold up.

nevermind just saw the previous post about it
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]

I don’t have FB, does InvisibleSight have another method of ordering?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same, and also curious. I did a quick search and found a site selling them for around 800 bucks. Hoping that’s not normal retail price…
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my new somo to replace my one with the busted battery leads.

Seems a tiny bit nicer

There seems to be actual clicks now on the adjustments. A little more defined on the windage than the elevation drum but clicks none the less.

The top activation button still has a click but is much less annoying than my old one
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Initially reading through this thread through a google search it seemed incredibly hopeful. It seems in the past couple of weeks that kind of went down hill. Whether just by naysayers or QC issues. It does seem like there is still hope though. It seems like Somogear really stands behind their stuff and is excited to take feedback from customers. That in itself is incredibly refreshing. The issues popping up don't even seem that crazy. I've used PEQ-15A's for work and even the real deal had issues with turning on and off under recoil... not to mention broken crane connector ports. It does seem like the plastic for the SG PEQ-15 might be a little iffy. You might he better off putting a strip of electrical tape on your rail to take up play rather than really torquing it down and using loctite on the hardware. I think largely for that reason I'll probably go with the NGAL when they release the new version.

Do they still make the Perst-4? I can't find it on their website anymore. I wanted to snag one for my PAP M92 and a couple future AK projects. They seemed fairly rugged and priced extremely well.

I was incredibly psyched when somebody mentioned they were planning on making a MAWL. I was equally as upset when i read they scrapped the project. There are other replica MAWLs out there. I'm not sure about their ability to hold zero, but they would even suck for airsoft due to the switchology (ex: you have to hold the button down for 3 seconds to turn the laser one and 3 seconds again to turn it off... not exactly tactical). I wonder if there is ANY way we could get them to reconsider continuing with that project. I would gladly pay 400-500 for one of those of done right. Possibly more.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Little interesting note

My old one fired the visible out of the left aperture where as this new one fires it out of the right like the real ones

So it seems they have changed some things since the one I got in March. Not sure if anyone else noticed that as Ive dropped out of this thread a bit

Pretty impressed they took notes and changed that up. Along with adding clicks to the windage and elevation drums.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Little interesting note

My old one fired the visible out of the left aperture where as this new one fires it out of the right like the real ones

So it seems they have changed some things since the one I got in March. Not sure if anyone else noticed that as Ive dropped out of this thread a bit

Pretty impressed they took notes and changed that up. Along with adding clicks to the windage and elevation drums.

View Quote

Did you have any issues with holding zero on the old one or a chance to test it on the new one?  I had been having issues with mine of the left vis laser firing port vintage and recently changed scopes on the gun it's on and seems to actually be holding at the different distance its zeroed at now.  The updates you mention plus having just got a form 4 back are making me think I need to pick up another.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorta interesting to see what happens here.  SG is rapidly approaching a usable product here, at least for training purposes.  And this new Invisible Sight looks promising; although at 3:1 price ratio, it needs to be 3x better than SG.  So if it zeroes, stays zeroed under 5.56 recoil, is reasonably water-proof, AND their CS is good, I might try them out.  

I know it would appear that SG has been a little hit or miss here, but I also think they are much like Noisefighters, in that we are all doing the R&D together.  So at some point, the product will be pretty good, even if prices creep up a bit.  Only difference, SG does not allow you to trade up for latest versions like Noisefighters did, but then again he's not domestic either, so there's shipping/customs/etc to contend with.

Invisible sight looks good, but the price point seems high.  Maybe because we're used to ATPIALs being around a grand, before the latest price increases.  So in effect they are 1/2 the price of an ATPIAL right now.  But is that still too close to the secondary market?  Dunno guess we'll have to see.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did you have any issues with holding zero on the old one or a chance to test it on the new one?  I had been having issues with mine of the left vis laser firing port vintage and recently changed scopes on the gun it's on and seems to actually be holding at the different distance its zeroed at now.  The updates you mention plus having just got a form 4 back are making me think I need to pick up another.
View Quote

Yes seemed to hold zero just fine

The new one I received I believe is even better. The clicks are very pronounced on both the IL and laser

Used it on a 300 blk gun. Mostly subs but I did pound away on some supers here and there
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Kinda want one for my scorpion
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Invisible Sight has been around for a long time,  maybe close to 10 years. Selling on eBay.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
The InvisibleSight one is interesting. Sounds like they have been around for a long time. They have a lifetime warranty and supposedly rated for 5.56 and 7.62.  If the website wasn’t so sketchy I would be tempted.

I already have a FP peq15 but with the atpial being unavailable there really isn’t much options under $1500 anymore.

They also have an ngal that the ir ilium will adjust.  Just not a lot of info out there for these new ones.

https://www.foundindustries.com/shop
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah and IS has incredibly good timing, as ATPIALs become unavailable.  A domestic product that actually works, in that price range, should sell well.  So this sorta begs the question; is IS still considered airsoft, since they are mimicking issue LAMs, or are these legitimate alternatives for real steel?  This is kinda a "cross-over" item, in that you are still trying to look mil-spec, but actually hold zero on real guns.  I have long thought there'd be a market out there for this; I guess we shall see.  Does anyone know how they get around looking like PEQ-15's and NGALs?  Or is that no longer an issue?

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah and IS has incredibly good timing, as ATPIALs become unavailable.  A domestic product that actually works, in that price range, should sell well.  So this sorta begs the question; is IS still considered airsoft, since they are mimicking issue LAMs, or are these legitimate alternatives for real steel?  This is kinda a "cross-over" item, in that you are still trying to look mil-spec, but actually hold zero on real guns.  I have long thought there'd be a market out there for this; I guess we shall see.  Does anyone know how they get around looking like PEQ-15's and NGALs?  Or is that no longer an issue?

View Quote
I dunno thats a lot of money for china slightly not toy grade lasers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I dunno thats a lot of money for china slightly not toy grade lasers.
View Quote

Yea, for that money, you could probably do something like an LS117 and Kiji? If Somo could tighten up a few more things, even if they add $100 - they'd hit the homerun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a potted PEQ15 should be here in a week or so...just for fun.

I did email somogear about the updated NGAL with focusable illuminator. They said it's currently in bulk production but no official release date.

LS221+kiji+WL using the arisaka dual side mount would be my other choice...it may be a bit front heavy compared to a D2 or perst but oh well...I don't see a perst3 being reasonably priced/available in the near future.

Isn't BE meyers supposed to release something to make the kiji adjustable to center up with laser?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I just received my PEQ15 UHP with PCB potting service. All of the controls and modes work as advertised but the issue I’m having is that when the Illuminator is set to widest flood, I can only adjust the Illuminator windage so that the aiming laser is just touching the illuminated area.

It’s a long way from centered and I’m out of adjustment. Any ideas?

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah just neck the flood down some until it adjusts.  Lots of units do this.  You may have to find that "sweet spot" for the laser pointer to center inside illum.  Yes it's a PITA.  Yes I'd pay more if they un-fucked this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the response. I noticed that I could fix this by tightening the Illuminator. Mainly wanted to make sure I didn’t get a jacked up unit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Wellp put some more rounds through my peq 15 with it zeroed to 200 yards and does indeed seem to hold there compared to how much it would shift when I had it set to 100 yards.  Only thing I can think of to explain it is that there is differing/more pressure on the adjustments when it's set to that distance.

Back to trying to decide if I want another peq with potting or wait for the ngal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Well had a buddy order an IS NGAL so we shall see.  It's like somebody was paying attention to the market and made what we've all been asking for, although they felt free to raise the price as well.  

Opinions vary widely, but I think SG and IS are really bringing out some decent, usable kit, as opposed to all the airsoft grade crap.  I think there is much prejudice against "airsoft grade" equipment, as well as "made in China".  Guys have seen "FMA", "Emerson", or "WADSN" equipment, and just decided it's all junk, no need to bother.  I would submit that Somo Gear and Invisble Sight are different.  SG was the first step, in that they kept an "airsoft" identity, but IS is making no bones about being 5.56 AND 7.62 recoil rated.  And if you consider the recent price increases, IS is 1/2 the price of a PEQ-15/ATPIAL, and the NGAL is what, 1/5 the cost of a real NGAL, if you could get it at all.  So maybe this is the intersect between quality and price.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quick update on my SG.... seized by customs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just received my PEQ15 UHP with PCB potting service. All of the controls and modes work as advertised but the issue I'm having is that when the Illuminator is set to widest flood, I can only adjust the Illuminator windage so that the aiming laser is just touching the illuminated area.

It's a long way from centered and I'm out of adjustment. Any ideas?

View Quote
my SG peq15 is the same.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

A PEQ2 I bought was the same, but it was released a week later.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just received my PEQ15 UHP with PCB potting service. All of the controls and modes work as advertised but the issue I’m having is that when the Illuminator is set to widest flood, I can only adjust the Illuminator windage so that the aiming laser is just touching the illuminated area.

It’s a long way from centered and I’m out of adjustment. Any ideas?

View Quote

How far away is your target when trying to zero them together
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well had a buddy order an IS NGAL so we shall see.  It's like somebody was paying attention to the market and made what we've all been asking for, although they felt free to raise the price as well.  

Opinions vary widely, but I think SG and IS are really bringing out some decent, usable kit, as opposed to all the airsoft grade crap.  I think there is much prejudice against "airsoft grade" equipment, as well as "made in China".  Guys have seen "FMA", "Emerson", or "WADSN" equipment, and just decided it's all junk, no need to bother.  I would submit that Somo Gear and Invisble Sight are different.  SG was the first step, in that they kept an "airsoft" identity, but IS is making no bones about being 5.56 AND 7.62 recoil rated.  And if you consider the recent price increases, IS is 1/2 the price of a PEQ-15/ATPIAL, and the NGAL is what, 1/5 the cost of a real NGAL, if you could get it at all.  So maybe this is the intersect between quality and price.  
View Quote

Let us know when it gets here... I'm really interested in their NGAL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you appeal it? They’re advertised as an airsoft toy and sold as the same.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#38]
... just a note for the ones following, I do have two of the Invisible Sights PEQs (shown in picture).

One I actually bought many years ago - still works.
I have had several real PEQs (including one 'fallen out of the back of a truck') and used them with or without NVG

I mostly use them as clone-worthy material on my rifles now days (as shown in the picture - I even painted on of the two Invisible Sight units for that reason), because I no longer have NVG capability (wasn't using it, sold).

So I barely turn them on.
They both work after years of having purchased them and kept them on the rifles.
I will try and test them both next time I go to the range and see how they both held zero.
Each one of them was around (if memory serves) the $600 mark, dollar more or dollar less - both bought directly from the Hong Kong company (one off of their eGay's shop, another one direct)

Invisible Sight PEQs by Solo__, on Flickr

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which website did he order from?  The one I linked earlier?  I am curious to see the final product.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Guys have seen "FMA", "Emerson", or...  
View Quote

Quick aside: I've looked at "cool guy" Eberlestock, Tactical Taylor, etc.. stuff under IR - and it glowed like trees in December. Meanwhile, an Emerson Chest Rig is Multicam all night long. Politics aside, some "airsoft" stuff is better than it gets credit for.
Carry on...
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#41]
On websites, 10-4, the one previously mentioned here was used.  Call themselves "Invisible Sight" but website is "Found Industries".  

I'm with Mick here; I'd like to see SG continue to improve and get a PEQ-15 out that is usable with 5.56.  And I'd also like to see their NGAL improved to this std.  IS seems to be there right now, especially with the NGAL, so yeah looking forward to checking that one out as well.  

Would also like to see those guys that made the new IR illum focusing lens for the ATPIAL make one for the SG PEQ-15.  That might help solve a lot of issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
On websites, 10-4, the one previously mentioned here was used.  Call themselves "Invisible Sight" but website is "Found Industries".  

I'm with Mick here; I'd like to see SG continue to improve and get a PEQ-15 out that is usable with 5.56.  And I'd also like to see their NGAL improved to this std.  IS seems to be there right now, especially with the NGAL, so yeah looking forward to checking that one out as well.  

Would also like to see those guys that made the new IR illum focusing lens for the ATPIAL make one for the SG PEQ-15.  That might help solve a lot of issues with it.
View Quote

Well, our U.S. Domestic options aren't looking good.

Did L3 discontinue the ATPIAL-C?  I certainly don't see them available anywhere.  

I think the Raid Xe civilian is pretty much just vapor wear, I doubt Wilcox will ever release that civilian version and if they do it will be years from now.  Even if it was released it will likely be even more costly than the MAWL.  

I had high hopes for the ZBolt ACAL, but my last correspondence with ZBolt via Instagram left me thinking that it might take a long time to be released.  I've also noticed they've done almost nothing on their Instagram lately to promote the ACAL.  So, as far as I'm concerned it's vapor wear right now.

We pretty much get screwed with civilian IR devices.

Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Would be nice if Steiner would spend the $$ on r&d and make the D2 (or something else similar) in a smaller foot print like the i2 & A3...but we know that's not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well, our U.S. Domestic options aren't looking good.

Did L3 discontinue the ATPIAL-C?  I certainly don't see them available anywhere.  

I think the Raid Xe civilian is pretty much just vapor wear, I doubt Wilcox will ever release that civilian version and if they do it will be years from now.  Even if it was released it will likely be even more costly than the MAWL.  

I had high hopes for the ZBolt ACAL, but my last correspondence with ZBolt via Instagram left me thinking that it might take a long time to be released.  I've also noticed they've done almost nothing on their Instagram lately to promote the ACAL.  So, as far as I'm concerned it's vapor wear right now.

We pretty much get screwed with civilian IR devices.

View Quote

There's a note on the TNVC website saying "THE ATPIAL-C IS NOT DISCONTINUED. THE ATPIAL-C IS STILL BEING ACTIVELY PRODUCED BY L3HARRIS. UNITS ARE ON BACKORDER DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, WITH AN ESTIMATED LEAD TIME OF  8+ WEEKS".
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Would be nice if Steiner would spend the $$ on r&d and make the D2 (or something else similar) in a smaller foot print like the i2 & A3...but we know that's not gonna happen.
View Quote

Think Steiner just discontinued all of the lams. They had them on sale on dvor at a really low price,
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Think Steiner just discontinued all of the lams. They had them on sale on dvor at a really low price,
View Quote

As per KosherSurplus they bought the remaining stock of Steiner LAMS.

I wonder what that means...

Anyone have any insider industry insight?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

As per KosherSurplus they bought the remaining stock of Steiner LAMS.

I wonder what that means...

Anyone have any insider industry insight?
View Quote

I was thinking all new models. But one would think you would discontinue a specific line and roll out the new version at a single time then work on another. Kinda weird they killed them all at one time.

Also don’t know how long some of these have been in production. The i2 looks like a much older design but the D2 looks “newer”.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Well I pulled the trigger and have a potted UHP on the way from somogear. Gonna find out what all the buzz is about.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I received the UHP a week after ordering. Seems well built, positive clicks on everything...looks nice. Comes with a little label in the box saying "PCB potted" along with the other stuff.

I don't have nods around but I was able to hit a tree line about 5-600yds away easily with the vis laser.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes indeed, you'd almost think someone is trying to keep NV gear out of civilian hands.  Crazy I know?

At the rate things are going domestically, I think foreign kit is definitely worth looking into.  Even "airsoft grade IR devices".  But as always, and forever, YMMV.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top