BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you want one? The PVS14 has like a 60 hour battery life on a single AA. That would just be an unnecessary expense I would think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would a remote battery pack be available for the PVS-14?
Why would you want one? The PVS14 has like a 60 hour battery life on a single AA. That would just be an unnecessary expense I would think.
Really? I didn’t get but a few hours on the new (provided, 1 of 2) AA. Removed it after use every time. Also, would like some counterweight on rear. Also x 2, don’t they provide another means of Off/On switch while *removing any chance of (possible) battery leak damaging the PVS unit?

ETA: If I have a choice between two shit sandwiches, I’d opt for the smaller one ($4k vs maybe a couple hundred?).
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If the need exist, we patented THIS one.
View Quote
Is it user configurable for mono use or must it be dual?

ETA: I ask because I see dual power leads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is it user configurable for mono use or must it be dual?

ETA: I ask because I see dual power leads.
View Quote
That’s a powered bridge mount. Duals only.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick question - Just want to be sure if lithium AA batteries are good to go in PVS-14?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#9]

XBox One Remote IR

ETA: For iPhone X users - Check out the facial recognition IR.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384478/1F751D10-02AA-462D-81D6-B662AA0009AC-1143393.jpg
XBox One Remote IR

ETA: For iPhone X users - Check out the facial recognition IR.
View Quote
I have Ir cameras all around my house, you should see how that looks at night. Its like an IR beacon
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
A forward facing light on a NOD equipped helmet sure throws a lot of shadow. They’re so prevailing I’m almost of the opinion it’s unsafe for the user. Has anyone tried to mount an IR light directly to their NV device or the arm? Any options to do so?
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

(about the shadow, unsafe to the user, etc.)

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A forward facing light on a NOD equipped helmet sure throws a lot of shadow. They’re so prevailing I’m almost of the opinion it’s unsafe for the user. Has anyone tried to mount an IR light directly to their NV device or the arm? Any options to do so?
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

(about the shadow, unsafe to the user, etc.)

~Augee
While playing around last night I noted the amount of shadow being cast by my *white light while the NV both stowed and deployed. It was overwhelming. I have yet to purchased an IR light to see it for myself so that had me wondering if an IR light mounted in the same position would also suffer a similar deficiency. A little more thought after posting I began to think it wouldn’t and that it is an issue with visible light; I was incorrectly correlating results between the two when they’re probably quite different.

* Should have and could have been more clear.

ETA: This is what I’m guessing - The tube is gathering available IR spectrum and converting it into light visible to the aided eye. The IR being added would probably create some negligible shadowing. Sort of like standing under a shade tree on a sunny day.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I placed it left side of helmet and centered. I’ll try placing it more forward (a fair bit more) in the near future.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]
What are the differences between the standard J-Arm and Wilcox J-Arm? There is a huge price difference obviously but what else is different?

http://www.wilcoxind.com/ANPVS-14-Arm-GEN-I-P188.aspx

http://www.wilcoxind.com/ANPVS-14-Arm-GEN-I-with-NVG-OnOff-Switch-P189.aspx
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#17]
One thing I’ve discovered by accident - If you happen to look into a piercing light source, it will create a visible temporary ripple like effect. At first I thought it was lint but then realized what was happening after it happened a couple more times. Thought it was maybe lint at first.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]
What should I look for when buying a used PVS-14? Seller doesn’t have much info to give - unknown manufacturer, no estimated age, no data sheet, nada info. The housing doesn’t have the auto off switch contacts as far as I can tell and it has the dual battery housing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What are the differences between the standard J-Arm and Wilcox J-Arm? There is a huge price difference obviously but what else is different?

http://www.wilcoxind.com/ANPVS-14-Arm-GEN-I-P188.aspx

http://www.wilcoxind.com/ANPVS-14-Arm-GEN-I-with-NVG-OnOff-Switch-P189.aspx
View Quote
The standard JArm made of a polymer, is a horn interface and will work with horn type lowering arms. The 2 Wilcox mounts you linked are dove tail interface, they'll work with dovetail lowering arms and are made of aluminum. The Wilcoxs are able to swing from one eye to the other with a push of a button. The standard JArm you have to loosen unhinge, swing over, then re-tighten the tension knob. Both Wilcox and Standard arm have a lot of up and down slop even when tightened down. IMHO the best system for a PVS14 is the Norotos INVG with a Dual Dovetail adapter. Another thing to know is Wilcox and Norotos usually don't interface together reliably due to there is no standard in dovetail specs, so don't intermix them or you can end up dropping your shit on the hard deck.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One thing I’ve discovered by accident - If you happen to look into a piercing light source, it will create a visible temporary ripple like effect. At first I thought it was lint but then realized what was happening after it happened a couple more times. Thought it was maybe lint at first.
View Quote
Easily fixed don't look at piercing light and don't keep trying it to figure it out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What should I look for when buying a used PVS-14? Seller doesn’t have much info to give - unknown manufacturer, no estimated age, no data sheet, nada info. The housing doesn’t have the auto off switch contacts as far as I can tell and it has the dual battery housing.
View Quote
Looking through it in a near dark area with the 14 you just bought will give a starting point how good of a tube it is. Also hold it up to your ear, if you hear a faint whine it's more than likely autogated. Also if you can get the tube data which can sometime be done by looking into the ocular lens at a certain angle with a flashlight or by removing the objective lens. The info can sometimes be cross referenced here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/-/18-317705/?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
So I’m thinking about getting an Eotech now though I’ve had absolutely no interest in them before. I’m curious about their claimed larger eye box.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#23]
If your going wilcox j arm then get the on off version, not for that feature(because it sucsk) but because the mount is dog legged compared to the normal wilcox mount. This will bring it closer to your eye and allow more adjustment with the g24. Just clip off the on off wire and call it a day.
My set up for reference. I dont find that I have a lot of up and down movement at all like the poster above has mentioned.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If your going wilcox j arm then get the on off version, not for that feature(because it sucsk) but because the mount is dog legged compared to the normal wilcox mount. This will bring it closer to your eye and allow more adjustment with the g24. Just clip off the on off wire and call it a day.
My set up for reference. I dont find that I have a lot of up and down movement at all like the poster above has mentioned.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/IMG_20191109_124700_432_jpg-1158399.JPG
View Quote
Thanks. Does it do away with that bullshit auto-off? Probably not but one can hope. Just a small hop off the ground will trip that aggravating “feature”. I’ll probably end up doing what one of the TNVC guys rec’d earlier and tape off the contacts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks. Does it do away with that bullshit auto-off? Probably not but one can hope. Just a small hop off the ground will trip that aggravating “feature”. I’ll probably end up doing what one of the TNVC guys rec’d earlier and tape off the contacts.
View Quote
Well mine never worked in the first place so I guess so......
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
How about some info daylight caps? Would a daylight cap with more than one pinhole be beneficial at night?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I believe I just watched two low earth orbit sats cruise overhead. Was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top