Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2023 8:24:34 AM EDT
Hey all, I've got an Enfield receiver culled from one of RTI's sewer-pipe Enfields that I want to convert to .45ACP. There's not a lot of information out there on the conversions and it looks like a few outfits made the conversion over the years with most of them being Rhineland Arms as the OEM.

I think I have a pretty good handle on everything, but I was wondering if anyone here has a converted Enfield and any feedback on what worked and didn't? I'm specifically curious about ejection and if anyone has drilled/tapped a new hole forward of the old ejector screw position to help ejection.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 3:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#1]
I bought the kit and have yet to do the conversion. Someone else on here said they use a 3D printed mag block and it works better than the Rhineland Arms one.  Never got the files for it unfortunately. Ejection will be meh or problematic. Always was with these guns. Looks overall like a pretty easy conversion. Getting the barrel off will be the hardest part I think.

I've got a few DP no1mk3s I might try to do an actual delisle conversion on.  Just need the time which is in really short supply for me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 4:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#2]
Yeah, I spoke with a gentleman with a 3d printed magwell on FAL Files (may be the same individual!), I'm aware of the potential weak ejection unfortunately. I've seen two conversions (one SIA, one RA) that really kicked the case out but I don't know what their ejection setup looks like. I know SIA has an ejector built into the magazine adapter and a modified bolt head.

I didn't want to invest in tooling so I sent the barreled receiver off to BDL and he pulled it for me, I'm waiting on it back now and I've got a RA magwell on order which just shipped. Once RA gets barrels back in stock I'll pick one up and do the conversion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:08:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMALITE-FAN] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
Yeah, I spoke with a gentleman with a 3d printed magwell on FAL Files (may be the same individual!), I'm aware of the potential weak ejection unfortunately. I've seen two conversions (one SIA, one RA) that really kicked the case out but I don't know what their ejection setup looks like. I know SIA has an ejector built into the magazine adapter and a modified bolt head.

I didn't want to invest in tooling so I sent the barreled receiver off to BDL and he pulled it for me, I'm waiting on it back now and I've got a RA magwell on order which just shipped. Once RA gets barrels back in stock I'll pick one up and do the conversion.
View Quote

Who is BDL and what did they charge to remove the barrel ?

I just bought a barreled action1917 date enfield with a miss matched bolt. It looks rough inside the barrel but it might be grease and dirt. Front sight is broke and the rear leaf is missing. 100 bucks otd.so I think I did all right.

Have a buttstock and.front.end that was cut just in front of the barrel shank. It was off a Ishaphore 2A and was free.

I also have some heavy aluminum tube that about right for a Delisle.

May order.from Rhineland.when he has stock agian
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
BDL - Brian Dick Limited

He charged $100 plus return shipping, which was the same as the cost of an action wrench. It was a no-brainer for me since Enfields aren't known for their loose barrels. You got a good price on the Enfield receiver especially if all the small parts are there!

I got the Rhineland Arms magazine well in - I'm not terribly impressed but it'll do the job. I'll probably end up trying to cut it as flush as possible to the original magazine well for aesthetic reasons (I don't like the 'mag in a mag' look). I'm fitting that up to the magwell and stock now, and I got a replacement sporterized birch forend and NOS birch stock from Apex that I'm going to use instead of the ratty walnut the rifle came with.

I also settled on a Bad Ace Tactical NDT scope mount and a very old BSA 30mm red dot. Once the NDT mount gets here I'll test fit it while I wait for barrels to come back in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top