Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 4:33:08 PM EDT
Im getting close to getting my suppressors.  Im trying to find some cool hosts to use them with.  So far I have a.300 blk pistol, 1911 threaded, xd 9 threaded, walther 99 threaded, scorpion and several otherAR-15/10 and threaded bolt guns.  Im missing a .45 subgun, dont want to have to sbr it, at least right away.  What is out there?  Only thing I can think of is the baretta storm?  Did they make them in .45?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Macon Armory. Go to industry forum.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I freaking love my HK UMP 45 clone. Got an Omega UMP clone receiver from Atlantic Firearms. Bought and HK UMP 45 parts kit from HK Parts. Put it together. Had a little help from Tom Bostic, from Tommy Built Tactical. But it sounds great suppressed. My favorite modern 45 carbine for sure!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Macon Armory. Go to industry forum.
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I checked out Macon. The DI uppers come with 8'' barrels.  The BB are cheaper but they cant make them that short?  $1000+ is steep but not as steep as an HK clone at $3K+  So all I would need is a pistol lower?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok I checked out Macon.  I didnt see any short barrelled uppers.  Also whats the difference between BB and DI?  Which is better?
View Quote
You said you DIDN'T want to SBR it right away, but, there is an 8" upper offered on the site and I'd bet you a dollar Rudy would make you whatever you want if you asked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
B&T APC45

APC45 APC9
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

LWRC APC45 060
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Price?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
$1800-$2000ish
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You will only find one company that 110% stands behind their product. Macon Armory. Their gun runs like a champ. Give em a try and remember you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$1800-$2000ish
View Quote
I know the old saying you get what you pay for but 2k on a pistol carbine is sooo much money when you can get a .223 ar pistol for $500.  Im looking hard a macon armory.  still 1k for an upper with 2 mags?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]
they just redid the Roni with arm brace by adding a folding hinge that increases the LOP...  you can get a can to fit with a little surgery, unsure if a regular Glock 21 threaded barrel is sufficient or do you need it longer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:24:43 AM EDT
[#12]
There is apparently a CAD for CZ Scorpion in .45, but alas, it's vaporware.  I'd buy the shit out of it (x2, actually, like I did the EVO3), if they brought it to market, though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is apparently a CAD for CZ Scorpion in .45, but alas, it's vaporware.  I'd buy the shit out of it (x2, actually, like I did the EVO3), if they brought it to market, though.
View Quote
I have the CZ scorpion in 9mm and to be honest Im not thrilled with it.  Too much recoil, especially with heavy bullets.  Probabily go the Sig mpx route next year after their done all the recall BS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've sent many an email to CZ asking for a .45 Scorpion and an SP-01-ified 97B.  In fact, I'm going to go send another one to them right now.

But a .45 Scorpion is basically exactly what I want.  The .45 PCC market is a pile of suck these days.

Auto Ordnance M1/1927 clones - Heavy as a full size .30-06 rifle, have to rework mag catch to use surplus mags.  May or may not have QC issues.
Kriss Vector - So many generations with incompatible parts.  Glock mag compatibility is good, but larger capacity options are limited.  Goofy ergos.
AR variants - Stratified market like .308 ARs is a turn off, too many boutique builders.  Familiar ergos at least.
AR look-a-likes - Uglier than a bag of smashed arseholes.  I like bullpups, so I don't have room to talk, but at least make it not look like a CDNN closeout parts bucket special.
Hi-Point - Long-term quality/durability may be in question, bad ergos, ugly as sin, no normal capacity mags.  Seems reliable and extremely affordable though.
MAC-10 clones - Heavy, inaccurate, ergos are rough, quality between manufacturers is uneven.
BT APC45 - What Ivan Chesnokov said of the Fiveseven applies equally to the APC45
BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY.
Is that everything?  I think there's a market opening for something in the $800 to $1300 range for a modernized .45 pistol cal carbine.  Gas op, blow back, bullpup, conventional with a folding stock, whatever -- just a modern design without the compromises everything else offers.

This may be a reflection of the Mil/LE markets not wanting anything like this, so there's no parallel development in the commercial markets.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#15]
In semi-auto we are working on this and expect to have something ready by April. Its built on Hk G3 or Cetme parts. This is a HK SD set up but we will certainly have it set up for regular HK handguards as well. So far it looks like a very solid set up.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In semi-auto we are working on this and expect to have something ready by April. Its built on Hk G3 or Cetme parts. This is a HK SD set up but we will certainly have it set up for regular HK handguards as well. So far it looks like a very solid set up.

http://www.troupsystems.com/pics4/hk45sd.jpg
View Quote
I saw this the other day.  I like, but It looks like it will be heavy.  I have several of these, hk 91/93, cetme.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I saw this the other day.  I like, but It looks like it will be heavy.  I have several of these, hk 91/93, cetme.
View Quote
I had to check when you brought that up. Its no light weight, but my books show a Mp5 with 16" barrel is 7 pounds. Looks like we are going to be at 8.5Lbs with wide grips and plastic stock. With the SD set up, i am not sure yet. We could shave weight on the barrel and adapter but not too certain how much yet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok I checked out Macon. The DI uppers come with 8'' barrels.  The BB are cheaper but they cant make them that short?  $1000+ is steep but not as steep as an HK clone at $3K+  So all I would need is a pistol lower?
View Quote
I believe 8" is the shortest for the DI, but BB is any length, but he stocks 5" 8" or 16". You could buy a stock lower and use his magblock with his magazines and upper, or tinker with the Glock 21 mag lowers to go that route.

The DI uses regular bolt carrier (different bolt) and carbine buffer, while the BB uses a 45 bolt/carrier and heavy (10oz?) buffer.

I've been wanting to get one for a long time, but every time it gets close, something comes up!

(He did do some work on a defective GM 9mm barrel for me that was great, fast and low cost, so he's A+ in my book.)
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m in the same boat OP, looking for a 45 pcc. CMMG sells the Guards barrel and bolt setup, which is a delayed blowback. I’m really considering going that route.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#20]
45ACP UZI is as fun as any carbine I have. Even with the 16” barrel although it looks goofy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
45ACP UZI is as fun as any carbine I have. Even with the 16” barrel although it looks goofy.
View Quote
I have a 9mm uzi.  Its HEAVY!  Thats why I dont shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.troupsystems.com/pics4/hk45sd.jpg
When I saw the thread title, this is what I thought of immediately. Ordered this from those Rhineland Arms folks yesterday to 'gussy up' a small ring Mauser barreled action that I got for <$100. Not sure if I'm going to get a .mil surp stock or a Ramline synthetic for it. Already shopping for a dedicated suppressor for it. Only thing needed to nail down is where to get the old 7x57mm barrel off and the new one installed. Plus, want only the rear ring milled down with a short Picatinny rail section mounted for a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot(want to keep the original crest intact). Intended use is for vermin and the tweaker trash's Dogs of Peace™ in the back yard that get aggressive with us.
Mauser 45 ACP Military Barrel: Small Ring KIT
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#23]
a Keltec SUB2000 in large frame Glock calibers would be great, although unsure if it could withstand the recoil without falling apart.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Macon Armory fan here.  Runs great with a Franklin Armory binary trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top