Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 12:08:50 PM EDT
I will stick to my Wolf Match target ammo that was $30 for (500)!

Is Expensive 22 Ammo Worth It? | Tandemkross

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can find wolf March target at anything less than $75 a brick in the current climate it is a deal. Wolf hasn’t been $30 a brick for at least a decade or more.
Match grade .22 is scarce this time around, unlike the 2012-16 panic which seemed to only effect plinking grade ammo.
Doing NRL22 matches I have become something of an ammo snob, and lapua SK and Eley are the way to go.
Unless you get lucky at a big box store, these days cheap plinker grade ammo is about the same price as  match grade so might as well buy the good stuff
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Last rimfire I came across was at my local gun store, it was bulk Federal repackaged in 50 round packs for $12.
And you could only buy a pack if you purchased a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been paying 4.99/50 for fed game or some shit. It’s a plated hollow point high velocity round but it keeps my stash slowly growing. Limit two boxes per day. Once in awhile I’ll luck into buying direct from CCI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top