Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2023 7:09:05 PM EDT
I'm not sure if many are aware of this handy tip.  If you have an M10 45. and use 9mm uppers as shooting 9 is far cheaper You can use Vz26 mags in the 45 mag-well and just cut a notch at the correct length.

(I have a Powder Springs M10 45) and use several differnt 9mm uppers.  This works with my Lage upper as well

I converted a batch of used but Good-Exc $8 from Numrich this past weekend with a dremel and file - all worked great.  There is no over-insertion tab but you can improvise one if needed.  Mine run good with just a notch.
Powder Springs MAC-10 45 with 9mm Upper using Vz26 mags

Here is the most worn mag of the batch of 6 I got from Numrich - well used worn finish but runs good.
Powder Springs MAC-10 45 with 9mm Upper using Vz26 mags

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm. Might give me a reason to get a Lage 9mm upper.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I should add - These are 7.62x25 mags loading 9mm into them which is a bit shorter, so you will need to make sure you load in a manner that pushes 9mm rounds towards the back of the mag - I didn't have any trouble but this could be an issue so just be cautious loading mags.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen this before from a few guys over at Uzitalk ......and always had a few questions......

how well does the double feed mag play with the .45 single-stack feed ramp?

Is there any source remaining for the VZ23/25 9mm mags .....and would they fit as well ?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen this before from a few guys over at Uzitalk ......and always had a few questions......

how well does the double feed mag play with the .45 single-stack feed ramp?

Is there any source remaining for the VZ23/25 9mm mags .....and would they fit as well ?
View Quote

They (Cz23 mags) fit a 9mm mag-well of an M10 9mm (double feed)  or a 45 with 9mm mag-well adapter.  I've done it.  Again you must notch the mags and do some fitting.

You would be using a double feed ramp 9mm bolt in a 9mm upper.  So the 45 bolt doesn't effect it as you don't use it.

Sarco had a batch of Vz23/25 9mm mags and I bought a few to experiment with and posted results on Uzitalk last year.  Shortly after posting Sarco sold out - haven't seen them since except gubroker at high prices on a rare occasion.

They (cz23/25) do work in an M10 9mm mag-well (double feed) or 9mm mag adapter, they are smaller than the 45 magwell dimensions .  The 9mm (Cz23/25 ) mags are not as long (front-to-back) as the 7.62x25 mags (Vz26)  which only can fit a larger 45 well.

The Cz23/25 mags need a little bit of tape or shim/spacer added to the front of the mag exterior to get them to work and not move too much in a 9mm mag well in my experience.  The mags Sarco had were both Czech and South African and the better ones I think are Czech (rectangular springs) but all are un-marked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top