Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2021 3:51:04 PM EDT

literally 20 minutes after i left the gut pile there. they really don't seem to GAF. i thought this spot would be dead until at least the coyotes cleaned it up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had deer watch me gut a deer that I just shot. They really do not give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot a doe in archery, complete passthrough and the arrow  stuck in the dirt in front of me. I heard her crash so I kept hunting. A spike buck came up a half hour later and licked the blood off the arrow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had deer watch me gut a deer that I just shot. They really do not give a shit.
View Quote

My wife was field dressing a buck---- in a wide open field------and a second deer walked within 25 yards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

i don't know why, but i laughed my ass off when i read this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My wife was field dressing a buck---- in a wide open field------and a second deer walked within 25 yards.
View Quote

Quoted:

i don't know why, but i laughed my ass off when i read this.
View Quote

I'd add that I was wearing a blaze orange T-shirt, and that I'd shot the deer twice... with a 30-06.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]
(Muzzleloader hunting) Watched through binocs as two deer crossed a field right towards my dad...thought hey, they're getting close to a perfect shot opporunity. Not 5 seconds later he drops one where it stands. The other deer walks in circles around the one that went down. I got out of the stand to walk the 400ish yards over there. The other deer stayed right there until we had packed his blind up and began walking towards the doe that he had dropped, maybe 80 to 100 yards out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup. I had does come to my feeder and ignore the 250lb dead hog 10 yards away...
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
No the do not care. Most feer are stupid.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#9]
death happens in the woods all the time. It's a smell they know and have become accustomed to. If they don't see or smell a predator, they aren't afraid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top