Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2022 12:48:00 AM EDT
We get a lot of snakes in our backward in the spring and summer, luckily we haven’t seen any venomous ones yet. We live in a suburban

neighborhood so I can’t shoot it and any other option puts me closer to it than I want to be. Should I just get any broadhead or is there some specific

type to use, or that would work the best? Thanks in advance for the help. Brian
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
When I slip on ice and bust my butt I always consider moving south. Then I consider your type of predicament. North I remain.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The logical choice is the ones designed for turkey hunting. That will get expensive.  That said but a garden hoe and your done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
A judo tip or blunt. It’s a 4 prong out the side of a target tip pretty much or like a big cork on the target tip. Always keep one in my quiver for grouse. Best thing is they flop so you don’t loose a $20 arrow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:02:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#4]
It is a beast, but works well.  

Edit.  I just noticed plenty of reloads as well, if you need more, you need to move.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a PCP air rifle with a "lead dust collector" on the barrel.  It will be quiet and accurate enough to take a head shot at 10 or more yards and it will open your world to a lot more fun
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
CB 22 Long in a bolt action rifle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 6731HBAR:
It is a beast, but works well.  

Edit.  I just noticed plenty of reloads as well, if you need more, you need to move.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/40483/Screenshot_2022-02-03_7_02_06_AM_png-2265022.JPG
View Quote

Ah yes the ol swing and stab. Works every time. Comes equipped with infinite ammo.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
The hoe is the classic Southern snake defense weapon.

The shorter the handle the braver you are.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Way easier ways to deal with venomous snakes than shooting them with an arrow.  Trust me, I know.  I shot a rattlesnake and all I did was pin it to the ground and piss it off.  I had to shoot it twice just to get my first arrow back.  The snake tried to strike the second arrow as it came at him I guess because it went right through its mouth and out the back of its head, killing it instantly.  

Way easier to use a hoe.  All the non venomous snakes you should just leave alone.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top