Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 8:39:15 AM EDT
Am I the only one pumped up about this weekend?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
...I must be missing something
Edit, this is the archery subforum so bow season must be starting?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah - we fire up this weekend, so all the work we've done all year hopefully will pay off. The game cams look good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah - we fire up this weekend, so all the work we've done all year hopefully will pay off. The game cams look good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well hopefully you'll get some, keep us posted
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you! I sure will.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You’re not the only one. It’s time to go fill tags before these deer get spooky from gunfire!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You’re not the only one. It’s time to go fill tags before these deer get spooky from gunfire!!!
View Quote
You got that right - although I do rifle hunt too and like to hunt later in rifle season when it's much colder and I can rattle but I love to bowhunt. To get that close and try and draw to make a clean kill you just can't beat. Good luck!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Am I the only one pumped up about this weekend?
View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It'll be my second season hunting with my crossbow. I was lucky to get drawn for Lake Grapevine and did some last minute scouting today. Spooked 1 deer, 1 sounder of pigs and then 1 lone hog. I wish I could have gotten out sooner but with work and the weather I could only get out twice.

I won't be able to get out until Thursday but I think I found some good spots.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You got that right - although I do rifle hunt too and like to hunt later in rifle season when it's much colder and I can rattle but I love to bowhunt. To get that close and try and draw to make a clean kill you just can't beat. Good luck!!!!
View Quote
I also rifle hunt. This will be my first year bow hunting from a tree stand, so I will need that luck. Good luck to you too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Now Y'all have me pumped up for you too - BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!!!! One thing about bow hunting is it will make you one hell-uv-a better rifle hunter. Be safe!

If anyone gets in Brady over the weekend shoot me an e-mail and maybe we can get together at Mac's BBQ for a lunch or after hunt dinner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now Y'all have me pumped up for you too - BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!!!! One thing about bow hunting is it will make you one hell-uv-a better rifle hunter. Be safe!
View Quote
That's the truth.

And yeah, I am pumped up!  I was out the last couple weekends doing final prep, and like you said the game cams are looking promising.

And after watching me shoot, now my 5 year old wants a bow.  Maybe we'll be a pair out there in a few years. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I hope Y'all had a much better hunt than I did. Oh the hunting was great just being out. I found a buck I REALLY wanted on game but never could get him while I was in the stand. It's hard to shoot a doe, when you're trying to kill a 10 point you want that is a wall hanger. unfortunately I can't get out again until rifle season. I bought a new travel trailer and have to drive to Tulsa to get it and bring it home to now get everything ready for rifle season. I tried, had shots but none I wanted yet.
Just being out in the woods and camping out was great. If you killed every time you went out, hunting wouldn't be what most of us enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top