Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2023 2:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yodude]
I am breaking into the market and totally new. Learn target shooting now eventually hunt at least a year or two from now.
Bow

You scan see the specs. Is this old technology? I am interested in mid level for now. Thanks a whole lot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion you could probably spend a little more and pick up a great condition used matthews bow rigged out locally. Even the older models were great shooters. Also since matthews bows aren’t cheap and don’t come with anything, they are usually fitted out with nicer sights, rests, etc since people are already spending a good bit of coin on them they don’t hesitate to buy better stuff. a lot of bow shooters tend to buy the hottest thing out every year so the used market is ripe with deals. I’m sure the bow you’re looking will be fine but bows that come with everything in that price bracket tend to have the lowest quality stuff on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no question you will do better with a used bow of quality at a dealer,  they will tune it to you and be sure the cables and string are tip top shape.
It would be well worth your while to drive to a bow shop and start out with one that fits properly.
Off the rack bows are frustrating.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top