Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2016 5:59:10 PM EDT
I got a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie over summer.  It's a movable sight with a single vertical post.  The tip of the post is your pin but a little ways down is another pin(not adjustable) that ends up about 30-35 yards with the top pin adjusted to 20 yards.

I got a green top pin and red bottom pin.  Unfortunately for reasons unknown to me, my eye sees the bottom red pin off to the left side of the post, causing me to shoot right with that pin about 6" at 35 yards.  I can gap shoot OK because the post is still somewhat visible but it's not nearly as easy as if the pins were lined up.

The pins are lined up spot on, I just see them off for some reason.  I emailed Spott Hogg about the issue.  They will swap pins and/or fibers on any sight to any configuration you like for 10 dollars.  Not exactly a mind blowing deal but definitely out to assist the customer without sticking it to them considering I haven't even been able to find fiber to buy and do it myself for less than 2 dollars cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Hogg’s
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Hogg Father Checking in!
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
5 Pin HF shooter here, and my wife has a Fast Eddie single pin.  They're the best!

And I hate red pins.  I only shoot green and yellow...red disappears too quick.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 Pin HF shooter here, and my wife has a Fast Eddie single pin.  They're the best!

And I hate red pins.  I only shoot green and yellow...red disappears too quick.
View Quote

Never bothered to send it in as I was considering switching to the EZ-V.  Never did that either though.

My dad just handed down his Mathews Heli-M to me and I switched all the hardware from my old PSE Brute-X to the Mathews.

He has a much larger peep sight on it than I had on my PSE, not sure if I like it or not but oddly enough the red pin now stays perfectly centered instead of appearing offset to me.

Either way I'm not a fan though because, as you said, they need too much light to show up well.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top