Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2020 3:36:33 PM EDT
I've had a bow for years that I'll sporadically pick up and practice with, but haven't ever seriously gotten into it. This year my buddy and I are going to try to get set up to actually hunt.

I'm looking at the Mathews VXR 31.5. Does anyone have a good source that maybe gives arfcom coupon codes or offers discounts?

Any other options I need to consider or look at before I pull the trigger on this?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Im an avid bowhunter. I love it.
I shot a mathews for a long time before I went over to Hoyt.

Mathews makes a great, accurate bow although problematic. Hoyt are so far bombproof for me.
But in the end, my only advice is no matter what bow you get, make sure to have it tuned to YOU first, then practice practice practice!

Its very rewarding and fun. Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you set on buying new? I bought a 2019 Traverse. It has a 33 ATA. Great bow! SUper smooth draw and dead in the hand. You can find them used $700-$800 range. I believe the VXR 31.5 has the poundage modules that can be changed. I'm sure you will pay $1100 to $1200 for new.

Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at ArcheryTalk for deals on used. I was able to get a like new Vertix last year for a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll second Archery Talk for picking up a used bow.  I don't normally see new bows on sale much

I know it's not a Mathews, but I just saw on Lancaster Archery has new 2020 Obsession bows 30% off.  Can't remember if they're going out of business or what.  But the price could be right.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top