Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2018 2:30:49 PM EDT
I was showing my step father my PSE sinister bow while we were at his place yesterday. After he drew it, he accidentally dry fired it, the string cane off, and he dropped it onto his concrete basement floor. I believe it is my idler pulley that needs replacing as the edge has been bent over flat.

Where can I find replacement pulleys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd contact PSE or have an archery shop order it for you.
The archery shop would be my choice because I'd want them to look for further damage from a dry fired compound.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Update:

I’ve been having trouble finding a replacement idler wheel for a while, but I just found one online for $17, and had it shipped to me. I will be bringing my bow and the new part back to my local shop and have him replace, re-string, and inspect my bow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update:

I’ve been having trouble finding a replacement idler wheel for a while, but I just found one online for $17, and had it shipped to me. I will be bringing my bow and the new part back to my local shop and have him replace, re-string, and inspect my bow.
View Quote
Good luck it's nothing worse.  Modern compound bows CAN be pretty sturdy.  My dad dry fired his Heli-um at a 3d shoot once(so focused on the target he forgot to put an arrow on lol).  All it did was launch his nock point off his string and into his face which cut his cheek.  He finished out the shoot with no issues.  Then had a tech break it down and inspect it, no damage done.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top