Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:06:23 AM EDT
I have a brand new Martin Saber #45 takedown recurve that I haven't even strung yet and need some advice.  It came with a flimsy little flipper rest that I don't want to use and, from what I've read, is the first thing swapped out by folks who buy these bows.  These TD recurves have machined aluminum risers so it'll take pretty much any rest out there.  I used to do a lot of bow shooting, both compound and recurves, but I've been out of it for many years now and I am not current on the best gear these days.  Which arrow rest do you recommend for this bow?

I considered a whisker biscuit style rest for the ability to keep arrows on the rest even when moving a lot but I've never used one and I know a lot of folks consider them bad choices for a recurve.  I want to settle on which rest I'm going to use before getting into which arrows I need so any help is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one of those and tried a TrueGlow Storm on it; never was all that happy with it. I think I would try a prong likely the Bodoodle if I was to do it again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I've just never been a fan of the flipper rests and similar usually used on recurves.  Is there any reason not to use rests more commonly used on compounds if the recurves riser is machined for them?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I just never could get mine to shoot point of look (I shoot instinctive) messing with aluminum, carbon and varying point weights. I've wondered if it was the rest. I did try moving it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top