Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 6:03:13 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get a rear sight adjustment tool for my A1?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Projectile from the magazine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazon
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i set the sight all the way to the left and go all the way to the right and count clicks and divide that by 2 to find center?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have one of each, front and rear.  I like the all in one that fulton offers.  Less $hit to be rolling around in your drawer.
There are two types for the front post, 5 prong and 4 prong BTW
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i set the sight all the way to the left and go all the way to the right and count clicks and divide that by 2 to find center?
View Quote

Mechanical center, yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Sight tool

Now showing not in stock. I got one last week. They are pretty good about responding to emails and letting you know when something will be available.
Ordered from them many times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Finding mechanical center isn't going to accomplish anything unless you have a windage adjustable front sight base. Since the NRA/CMP switched rules to allow for scopes up to 4.5X power almost nobody is using adjustable front sight bases nowadays.

Go shoot the rifle and adjust as needed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The tip of a fmj bullet
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Brownells sells one that I just got. It works fine but not great. Had to straighten the tabs with pliers to get it to line up with the notches on front/rear sight
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top