Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 10:13:51 PM EDT
I need some help from you,all who actually have lr308 rifles and pistols on which buffers , buffer springs and charging handles i need please.........

i,am building a lr308 rifle, 22in bbl, rifle gas, carbine stock
and
a lr308 12.5 bbl pistol, carbine gas, carbine stock, wilson combat adj gas block
the pistol only will be shot supressed some.

whats considered top shelf parts to buy
thanks a bunch
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the  Iron Ridge IRA-X billet upper and lower, I put a Ranier Match 18" middle barrel, a JP Enterprise low mass enhanced bolt and carrier, for a buffer I used Slash's carbine 5.5oz buffer, and his .308 buffer spring.

I had the JP adjustable gas block but changed it out to an Aero .750 adjustable.  Furniture is an ACS carbon fiber forend, ( no longer available) and an LMT Sopmod stock and Magpul grip.

Trigger is a Geissele SSA-E and glass is a US Optics ST-10 (fixed 10 power magnification) adjustable parallax, and push button illumination, bipod is an Atlas V8.

I'm sure there are higher priced parts available, but this combination works well for me.

ETA. Charging handle is a Vltor/BCM mod 4, and flashider is a surefire.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The Kaw Valley kit is one of the better carbine choices out there. If you look at all the specs, it hits all the right boxes.
Kaw 308 kit

The Armalite AR-10 RE kit is also a good choice. It is intermediate (A5) length and is compatible with the LR-308 platform. Some stocks won't completely collapse to the castle nut and their service is spotty.
AR-10 RE kit

Another option for the rifle is the Magpul UBR, which comes with a proprietary intermediate length RE (no buffer or spring). It does come with a spacer if you wanted to run a 2.5" buffer, otherwise you will need the A5 buffer and the spring. I personally like my buffer weights in the mid 5oz range.
I don't run suppressed so I can't help with a CH for that (Gas Buster), but for rifles with scopes I like the Aero Ambidextrous. Other optics just get a standard CH. I am going to try out the Aero Breach small handle soon though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#3]
JP silent capture spring with a standard carbine length tube

JP SCS H2 gen 2
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I just finished my m5 build and used a lot of aero parts.

Aero .308 carbine buffer kit is good to go. Throw a little grease on the buffer spring and you’ll never hear it. I was gonna buy jp scs for mine but I just didn’t think the juice was worth the squeeze.

I bought their new Breach charging handle for mine and its really nice. When it comes to ar10s it seems all you hear is aero aero aero, but they make nice shit that just works. ????
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
i would buy core compatable parts

aero upper/lower/bcg
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top