Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 8:14:11 PM EDT
So I've made this mistake in the past, will make it again in the future, but it hit a buddy for the first time this weekend.

Confusing a protective ear for the front sight.

Any "drop in" standard front sight replacement pins w/ a gold bead, fiber optic, etc?

Failing that, recommendations on paint to use to color it?

Really anything to let our aging eyes know that we are indeed looking at the sight pin and not one of the ears....
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
This may be of help.
https://www.amazon.com/Blitzkrieg-Components-Spike-Front-Sight/dp/B079M1KZGV/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&;keywords=ar15+front+sight&qid=1613348634&sr=8-23
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Try "Liquitex 1046982 BASICS Acrylic Paint, 4-oz tube, Fluorescent Orange"
About 7 bucks or so - works great to color your front sight post and it really pops right out
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Florescent green/orange/pink/yellow nail polish. Put down a white base coat then the bright color.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have a coupla of these & they do indeed help, enough so that some of my pals bought them too after seeing mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Is he nose to charging handle, so the FOV opens past the ears?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a set of Griffin Armament M2 and then change out the front sight post to something that you feel is more appropriate from the many manufacturers that make many many many many many many many different kinds of front sight post for an M16 front
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top